GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Frostyy

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by Frostyy »

It's like a month since I looked at it, but I'm pretty sure yeah, cant remember for sure. Got some ideas for if and if not?
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Frostyy wrote:It's like a month since I looked at it, but I'm pretty sure yeah, cant remember for sure. Got some ideas for if and if not?
If it shows in OpenIV but not ingame it could be a ymt problem, try taking a ymt file from a ped that you know works and has the amount of components you want, and see if it works. Also sometimes exporting to ODD and then re-importing works
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Frostyy wrote:It's like a month since I looked at it, but I'm pretty sure yeah, cant remember for sure. Got some ideas for if and if not?
So when I'm adding textures to a shirt or a new component, first I load the character up in GTAV (story mode) and, with the enhanced native trainer, I check to see what their categories are. If I had a screenshot handy I'd show you, but the categories like "hair / head / shirt / pants / accessories" all correspond to a specific entry in the .ymt file.

For example, here's the .ymt file for a custom Sheriff ped.

Each one of those "item" categories is for a different piece of the ped. So when you're adding, lets say, a jacket component and you list it as uppr_003_u in Zmodeler (Bracketing it in with the other "Uppr" ped pieces), you need to find the item category in the .ymt that corresponds with the other upper pieces and add a new item index to it so that the game knows to look for a third upper piece. It's the same rule with textures. If you're looking to add, lets say, multiple shirt textures to the ranger ped so that you can have shirts with individual character names on them to choose from, you need to go into that particular item's config in the ymt and add more corresponding texture entries.

There's nothing you need to do with peds in zmodeler to get it to look for new/different textures. You just need to build the texture (using the same naming convention in sequential order) and then add the entries into the .ymt in the appropriate place.

So, vanilla shirt texture may be named "uppr_diff_001_a_uni" and its the only one in there. Copy it, edit it, then rename it "uppr_diff_001_b_uni" and, once the ymt is edited, the game will know that there is a second available texture for that piece.
[Lore and 3rd Party Emergency Vehicles | Custom Ped/EUP]
Frostyy

Post by Frostyy »

Thank you guys SOOOOO much for all your help and guidence, I'll definitely use this as a knowlage base during my next project and after buying a licence :))

One more question tho xD Where in the hierarchy do I add a new, lets say, uppr, in zmod?
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Frostyy wrote:Thank you guys SOOOOO much for all your help and guidence, I'll definitely use this as a knowlage base during my next project and after buying a licence :))

One more question tho xD Where in the hierarchy do I add a new, lets say, uppr, in zmod?

No idea TBH. I just kind of threw mine in randomly.
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Everything works fine and I can export with no errors, but then I upgrade to Windows 10 and re-install Zmodeler and I when I open my project again and export I get this:
Any ideas?
Attachments
error.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you need to import original model that have this bones, then restart ZModeler and it will be able to export such a bone IDs properly.
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Oleg wrote:you need to import original model that have this bones, then restart ZModeler and it will be able to export such a bone IDs properly.
That removed the issue thanks
Frostyy

Post by Frostyy »

So, I'm having this really annoying problem again. I have had it before and somehow managed to fix it, but don't remember how xD

But basically the problem is that the textures don't show up on the new component in-game, but they do in zmod and OpenIV (see screenshots)

If anyone has any ideas as how to fix this, it would be gladly appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

in most of cases, you outfit should use exactly the same texture names as original, even more, you have to put textures into proper .ytd files. the game will randomly compose texture name to vary outfit combinations, so the name of texture you have on a model in .ydd file is not significant at all.
Retrocop

Post by Retrocop »

Somebody know how prevent new object from twiching on wind?
I correctly placed new object (Badge) to coat (spine on skeleton), it look okay without wind, but when i enable wind in game - it start dancing. What ammount of rig bones should be there?
How to fix it?
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Retrocop wrote:Somebody know how prevent new object from twiching on wind?
I correctly placed new object (Badge) to coat (spine on skeleton), it look okay without wind, but when i enable wind in game - it start dancing. What ammount of rig bones should be there?
How to fix it?
Oleg wrote:get an update.

Mesh shaking (wind effect simulation): discussed here [quick fix: paint secondary vertices color to (0,0,0)].
Link is dead but have you tried painting the verticles?
Retrocop

Post by Retrocop »

Thank you! It's work!
And other question...
Any way to use 2 different textures for one item? for example i create task_000 from two different elements...
If no - how to add new accs_000 to ymt? I know how edit it, but there is only hashes, nohting with normal words.
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

No you can only use one texture.
There is some good info here https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/5458 ... ons?page=1
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Running into a new issue now.
I'm adding a jacket to a skin ped (not a mp ped). Not anything new for me, or so I thought.

I'm thinking this has something to do with the arrangement of the component pieces in Zmodeler, as moving the mesh and it's folder around has created some interesting results.

Having it near the bottom of the list, just under the uppr_000_u component, means it doesn't show up in game. Pushing it up about halfway between the uppr_001_r component and that one completely screwed the ped, it looked like it was only rendering the L3-L4 super low poly distance model.

My question is this: Does the "r" or "u" designation on the components mean anything significant? If I'm adding another piece of clothing, should there be somewhere specific I arrange it in the hierarchy?

I've made the necessary edits to the YMT, even added in a third decal surface in order to remove the standard Lost MC decal from the ped when needed (Since the jacket has it's Lost patch built into the texture, bump and spec maps, it's working properly in single player testing). The textures are all properly associated and loaded into the ytd. I'm just not sure where I'm hung up right now.
Frostyy

Post by Frostyy »

When I get that problem, I usually make sure that all the components are placed correctly in the hierarchy. I just rip a fresh one from OpenIV, open it in zmod and screenshot the list. And when you add a new comp just plop it in there somewhere xD

Also another problem I had that caused that thumb-looking dude from spy kids, was that making all the materials in the browser to ped insted of ped_default.

Lemme know if it works :D
Frostyy

Post by Frostyy »

How would I go about replacing a head component? Do I have to do all kinds of stuff with the skeleton? :/

But please share a workflow if you guys have one :D
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

make sure you run the very latest copy of ZModeler (3.2.x, as 3.1.5 will not auto-update to the latest version). it will sort objects in hierarchy automatically on export.
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Oleg wrote:make sure you run the very latest copy of ZModeler (3.2.x, as 3.1.5 will not auto-update to the latest version). it will sort objects in hierarchy automatically on export.
Yep, that actually solved everything. Zmodeler just keeps getting better and better!

Thanks Oleg!
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Run into a new error, one I'm not sure how to troubleshoot as mats are still relatively foreign to me.

I'm getting this error when attempting to export a ped I've been working on. Never run into it before, not sure what to do with that material to make it work.
Frostyy

Post by Frostyy »

Deadspin wrote:Run into a new error, one I'm not sure how to troubleshoot as mats are still relatively foreign to me.

I'm getting this error when attempting to export a ped I've been working on. Never run into it before, not sure what to do with that material to make it work.
Just assign ped or ped default or vehicle paint or summin on the default material in the material browser :))
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the background of this message is: your geometry uses "Default Material" assignment on some polygons, while it should not use it. Perfectly, you should locate problematic polygons/objects and assign correct material; or assign correct material onto entire object(s) if you don't want to search for these polygons.

while editing vehicles, this error usually comes with collision objects being exported as regular geometry rather than collision volumes (bad object naming); this does not apply to ped editing however.
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Oleg wrote:the background of this message is: your geometry uses "Default Material" assignment on some polygons, while it should not use it. Perfectly, you should locate problematic polygons/objects and assign correct material; or assign correct material onto entire object(s) if you don't want to search for these polygons.

while editing vehicles, this error usually comes with collision objects being exported as regular geometry rather than collision volumes (bad object naming); this does not apply to ped editing however.
As usual, seeking out the mat assignments per scene was something I didn't do. Thanks Oleg, problem solved.
Frostyy wrote:
Deadspin wrote:Run into a new error, one I'm not sure how to troubleshoot as mats are still relatively foreign to me.

Just assign ped or ped default or vehicle paint or summin on the default material in the material browser :))
I actually tried this and it refused to work.
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Hey Oleg, Could I request your assistance?

I've got a jacket I'm trying to get working properly and it's about 95% done. The problem now is the same as the problem I had before, I've got some weight on a bone somewhere that I, for the life of me, cannot seem to find that's affecting the bottom outer edges (L/R) of the jacket and pulling the material out to the hands when the ped runs.

I've gone through every bone I can think of 3-4 times now and can't seem to find it. I'll PM you the link to the .z3d in dropbox and if you're so inclined, could you PM me an answer?

Retrocop

Post by Retrocop »

Guys, i try to replace heads from a_m_y_yoga_01 to s_m_y_cop_01. I replaced it, it look okay, but there is little face animation glitches on diffetent "moods" of the ped. The parameters of the facial animation are stored in the s_m_y_cop_01.ymt?