GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Ped models

Post by Oleg »

MrLifePak wrote:My model doesnt have a YFT file
what game model are you replacing, that it has no .yft file?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

here's a quick model replacing video I've made for you:

https://youtu.be/iNH2EN9B0ds
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, thanks for video! it's great
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, btw, for some reason now i dont see pervertex paint in OpenIV, but in the game all work perfectly! Just before its was showed in openiv, it's just changes in filter or its my bad?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

i don't know when OpenIV uses to show per-vertex paint, but GTA doesn't seem to use per-vertex color for paint purpose. These are solely a per-vertex mask/strength adjusters for shader-specific code.
MrLifePak

Post by MrLifePak »

I've done everything in the video and I now get this error message when I try to spawn the character. If I put the default character back in and try spawn again, it works. So it's definatley a problem with the model.
Attachments
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (7.44 KiB) Viewed 13831 times
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

MrLifePak wrote:I've done everything in the video and I now get this error message when I try to spawn the character. If I put the default character back in and try spawn again, it works. So it's definatley a problem with the model.
its problem with you game! you need updated game and updated scripthool to able spawn edited models.
quechus13
Beginner

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by quechus13 »

EDIT:

FIXED IT.
Attachments
MODEL.rar
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 262 times
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Im trying to attach a vest to s_m_y_marine_01, and ive done all the steps, however scripthook crashes when i try to load it in-game (the model is also glitched and doesnt show up properly in the openIV .ydd viewer). Please help
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

I feel like im running into problems that nobody else is. Not only does the sphere youre supposed to copy weights to not show up, but the OpenIV .ydd viewer is a mess of white spikes and nothingness across the screen when i import a the model that was made in zmodeler 3
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it is essential for an exporter to have your .mesh be bind to a skeleton. If you use a skeleton in ".global" branch, bind to this skeleton. You can't export model that is not bind to a skeleton (even if you copy weights and set everything else properly).
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Oleg wrote:it is essential for an exporter to have your .mesh be bind to a skeleton. If you use a skeleton in ".global" branch, bind to this skeleton. You can't export model that is not bind to a skeleton (even if you copy weights and set everything else properly).
What about for the sphere that youre supposed to bind to though, is there some setting i dont have turned on or something because it doesnt show up on any model
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this sphere is the skeleton itself. It could be missing in some .ydd components, but skeleton is essential for exporting the model. In most of cases, "missing" skeleton could be found in .yft file by searching game files for associated ped .yft file. It could be in vanilla game files or inside dlcpacks or updates.
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Oleg wrote:this sphere is the skeleton itself. It could be missing in some .ydd components, but skeleton is essential for exporting the model. In most of cases, "missing" skeleton could be found in .yft file by searching game files for associated ped .yft file. It could be in vanilla game files or inside dlcpacks or updates.
I do use all their .ytf files, i get the skeleton (or something similar), but the only other files for them are the .ymt. I use the openIV search tool, so those are all the files. Also maybe unrelated but you say to delete the .mesh in the .ytf file, but i dont even get them, which is weird.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what in-game model do you replace?
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Oleg wrote:what in-game model do you replace?
ive tried multiple. marine_01, marine_03, Fibsec_01
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

thats what the .ytf looks like
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
quechus13
Beginner

Post by quechus13 »

I'm having an issue with a custom NPC.
I exported my model and everything shows fine in OpenIV but in-game the model is switched to a SuperLOD model. it happens with every model I replace.
help?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

BLACKHACK09 wrote:thats what the .ytf looks like
you should toggle off "Slice to parts" when loading ped/player models (.yft or .ydd should be loaded with this option toggled off).
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

wow im an idiot. lol. Now i have the sphere and everything. thanks
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Now there is only 1 more thing in my way. In order for the texture on the mask i added to fit correctly, i use the add textures option in the openIV model viewer, however i dont know how to save them
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Basically how do you get the foreign object to use its native textures
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Mapping issue it seems. The standalone mask is fine but the one with a helmet is messed up
Attachments
20160803021048_1.jpg
Robinate

Post by Robinate »

Hey, I'm having a problem getting an accessory working for the female multiplayer model (mp_f_freemode_01.ytf). I've set up the zmod scene as I would for a singleplayer character (e.g. Franklin) and also exported in the same way. While the accessory itself is fine in game, it makes the t-shirt model underneath it jump around wildly and randomly even when standing still.

Through some texting, I have found out that this happens because the exported .ydd file contains part of the skeleton. When I tried to export the accessory without a skeleton, the t-shirt behaved normally, but the accessorie's rigging was broken.

Is there an additional step required for the MP models, or am I just making a silly mistake somewhere?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@BLACKHACK09, if i'm not mistaken, one .ydd entry (e.g. accs_000_r) should use just one material. I've seen the game forcing to use original texture(s) on replaced uppr_** and lowr_** parts, so I had to replace original textures in order to make changes appear properly. This could be related to your case.

@Robinate, in order to export a properly rigged .ydd file:
1. ensure ".skel" is put into hierarchy of the topmost dummy named ".global"
2. ensure skeleton gets marked (yellow/lime) when you hover EACH of .mesh objects of your .ydd hierarchy. If it does not highlights properly, it is not bind to this mesh; to bind it, hide all other objects (it's easier when everything is hidden) except the skeleton base (sphere) and your .mesh object: use Select\Mark -> right click on skeleton base; then use Rigging\Bind tool -> click on .mesh in viewport. The "Messaging bar" window will prompt ".mesh is bind to .skel".
3. export to .ydd file in LODs mode = Autodetect; Skeletal = on;