GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
MAESTRE3D

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by MAESTRE3D »

Oleg wrote:there is no emissive "color" in shader configuration, it mutiplies the color of texture itself. If your texture is blue, then per-vertex A is probably set too high (try values of 2, 3.. may be 5, not more).

concerning the streamed peds, they are usually equipped with skeleton in head_000 model. You should import this model first, then create a dummy named ".global" and move ".skel" from "head_000" branch into ".global" branch; then import all other Ped components. If other ped components are already loaded (from the same .ydd), then make sure to bind them with .skel in .global branch.

alternatively (not sure whether this will work or not) bind all .mesh objects with .skel object located in head_000 with no creationof .global, nor moving .skel. If i'm not mistaken, this method will work too on export.
And Oleg, i have a problem with streaming peds, michael to be more accurate. I replaced head, hair, beard, teef and I can't get it working well. Looks like texture errors, i can't add embedded textures, my gta texture toolkit crashes. How to fix it?
some pics:

Intel i7 6700k
16GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
IsmaDanialEugene

Post by IsmaDanialEugene »

@MAESTRE3D its seems your head texture got wrong embeded texture such as a bumpmap and specmap....
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it's in branch GTA5->ped->ped_emissive. and yes, its on recent updates only.
@MAESTRE3D, it does look like a texture problem. resave your textures with mip-maps generated. try it temporary with original textures (these will not fit of cause, but you will able to find out whether textures are the cause of these artifacts).
MAESTRE3D

Post by MAESTRE3D »

@Oleg How can i save embed textures? When I use textureToolKit for GTA V it just crashes when I import a new texture to the model... I can't add normals or spec, just diffuse. Because they are embedded. It's a stream ped.
Intel i7 6700k
16GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
IsmaDanialEugene

@MAESTRE3D embed texture save once you exporting ydd file...make sure in texture browser you have ydd file name properly and embed texture put it in the right place...as an example you want to do head_000_r....then in texture browser must have head_000_r.ydd...make sure the normal texture you use bumpmap and spec texture you use in specmap you use in material browser put in that head_000_r.ydd folder at texture browser....
MAESTRE3D

Post by MAESTRE3D »

@IsmaDanialEugene Can you send me a little video. I'm always having textures issues for example, on OpenIV, my model shows up but not the textures. But ingame looks fine (Because non-streaming peds doesn't uses embedded textures, so it's a lot easy on the .ytd file). I want to fix that. So, If you can PLEASE help me hahaha. A little bit confusing reading. And thanks for helping me with this little issue man.
Intel i7 6700k
16GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
IsmaDanialEugene

@MAESTRE3D huhuhu sorry bro i cant make a video...embed texture is in .ydd files...about model shows up in openiv but no texture...you must check back in material browser...what detail texture use at that model...and then import in .ytd...not replacing...and deleted old texture at .ytd
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

I am getting a bug with the shading or lighting of a ped.

It turns black but overly too black. I think the cause is from the wind effect thing. I most likely did it wrong. Or maybe it is from texture issues.

The image in the night shows the lighting effect on the model. The wind effect is correct(I think) as the there is no violent shaking. However, there is a problem with the lighting as it sometimes get either too black(pure black) or it becomes too light(as seen in the image).

I had this problem before as I have not made a simlar issue with another model. This same problem resulted from the wind effect process, as I have did some things wrong. Perhamps the filling color with black is the issue?

How do I fix this?

Thank you.
Attachments
20161105143115_1.jpg
20161105144344_1.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ensure your mesh model has tangents, as all ped shaders include bump-map slot (even if you assign empty blank_normals.dds texture, mesh still needs tangents calculated).
second, paint per-vertex primary color to 255,128, 0; and secondary color to black. And of cause ensure mesh format properties have primary and secondary color there, as Paint tool will give no error/warning in this case.
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

Thanks. Also, how do I put the spec and normal map. In the texture .ytd? Is it the same for vehicles? I am using a streamed ped here so things may be different?
IsmaDanialEugene

@jeffrey9090 spec and normal map are not in ytd...there in ydd...before you export as an examples you want to do head_000_r....then in texture browser must have head_000_r.ydd...make sure the normal texture you use bumpmap and spec texture you use in specmap you use in material browser put in that head_000_r.ydd folder at texture browser....
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

Wait... so they are embedded in the .ydd files?
IsmaDanialEugene

@jeffrey9090 yeahhh so if u have done export in ydd...normal n spec map no need to import on ytd...bcause ytd only use one diff texture
vittel

Post by vittel »

Oleg wrote:For those who curious on ped_emissive shader, it uses per-vertex blue channel as emissive/HDR multiplication factor. With zero blue (default on most of ped components), ped_emissive will produce low color emission with absolutely no post-effect (even on full-strength of emissive value in ZModeler or high value set in emissiveMultiplier user-defined property). To make a stronger effect, paint per-vertex blue channel color.

here's an example with gradient paint from 10 to 255 on blue:
gta_ped_emissive_shader.jpg
Hi Oleg,

i have trouble with these effects.
I make 1.RGB rgb orange (cloth), 1. Alpha ; 2.RGB black (no wind effect) 2.Alpha black

Then i select needed vertexes (only certain part of model) and paint them 1.RGB 255.128.255 - but no "light emmiting" effect, i tried 1. RGB- orange then afterwards 1. Blue - paint blue - no "light emmiting" effect.

Do materials need to be edited or something? (i can clearly see the selected/needed polygons color map is bein painted cyan in perspective mode with material "vertex ignore" on)
(i have the last update on zanoza and everything that i do is strick according to the youtube video of switching ped components)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

primary color on model should be 255,128,0 in most of cases. blue channel is for shader-specific and have different meaning depending on shader assigned. ped_emissive uses blue channel as emissive multiply value (zero blue = default emissive, 3..5 = strong glow, 6 and more = very high emissive with strong HDR post-effect). On most of other shaders, blue is somewhat relates to vertices shifting: if you have a seam (open edges) on a model, a non-zero blue will let the game either shift vertices a little, or make some wrong antialiasing computations so the mesh will look like polygons are disjointed there. in most of cases this effect is a bad choice, so I advice to use zero on blue channel always.

Note, mesh properties in Vertices->format should have "Primary" and "Secondary" color toggle on.

Materials do not need any specific settings, as shaders configuration is mostly pre-defined on export with just very few values being configured different than standard/default settings. If you feel something is configured wrong in material, you can check parameter names in OpenIV for specific shader ("more information" -> shaders -> pick shader and see a list of parameters; you can add parameter in ZModeler on material's User-defined options list with the values you like and export again;
vittel

Post by vittel »

Oleg wrote:primary color on model should be 255,128,0 in most of cases. blue channel is for shader-specific and have different meaning depending on shader assigned. ped_emissive uses blue channel as emissive multiply value (zero blue = default emissive, 3..5 = strong glow, 6 and more = very high emissive with strong HDR post-effect). On most of other shaders, blue is somewhat relates to vertices shifting: if you have a seam (open edges) on a model, a non-zero blue will let the game either shift vertices a little, or make some wrong antialiasing computations so the mesh will look like polygons are disjointed there. in most of cases this effect is a bad choice, so I advice to use zero on blue channel always.

Note, mesh properties in Vertices->format should have "Primary" and "Secondary" color toggle on.

Materials do not need any specific settings, as shaders configuration is mostly pre-defined on export with just very few values being configured different than standard/default settings. If you feel something is configured wrong in material, you can check parameter names in OpenIV for specific shader ("more information" -> shaders -> pick shader and see a list of parameters; you can add parameter in ZModeler on material's User-defined options list with the values you like and export again;
Thanks for fast reply, so did i get it right:

in most cases an object has shaders in ped and ped_default, or ped and ped_wrincle (body parts with skin) - now if i want to highlight something; i paint it using primary blue channel >0 and i have to change/assign the shader config with script to ped_emissive? (or am i going completly wrong direction?)

UPDATE: NEVERMIND, I TRIED IT OUT AND IT WORKED! (you are awesome! Thanks)
1.png

And one more thing: lets say i have a t shirf and i make a clock on it like flava flav :D

Is there any possibility to make certain polygons/parts more "stiffer"? T-shirt bending ok - its cloth, but how about rigid objects? (it looks not real when "solid objects" like clock strech and shift like something out of rubber instead of solid.

Thank you very much!
IsmaDanialEugene

@vittel make the clock as accs/task/ or jbib ydd
vittel

Post by vittel »

IsmaDanialEugene wrote:@vittel make the clock as accs/task/ or jbib ydd
let say, the possibilities are limited, since *.ymt is not yet accesible. So i can't make it like that (but thanks for suggestion) :)
MAESTRE3D

Post by MAESTRE3D »

jeffrey9090 wrote:Wait... so they are embedded in the .ydd files?
If you are using an normal ped, no, normals and spec are on the ytd file, If it it's streamed ped, they are located on the ydd file as embedded.
Intel i7 6700k
16GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@vittel, skin skeleton bones around this model (right-click, bones -> set as current) and locate the one that has highest influence on the rigid object in a question; then use select\element or select\separated on vertices level to hide all other vertices, leave just vertices of the rigid object; then use Rigging\Influence\Paint tool and paint current bone's influence onto rigid body's vertices (will show solid red highlight on them).
vittel

Post by vittel »

Oleg wrote:@vittel, skin skeleton bones around this model (right-click, bones -> set as current) and locate the one that has highest influence on the rigid object in a question; then use select\element or select\separated on vertices level to hide all other vertices, leave just vertices of the rigid object; then use Rigging\Influence\Paint tool and paint current bone's influence onto rigid body's vertices (will show solid red highlight on them).
THANK YOU! everything worked. Also i notice if a have s similar model part in another ydd i can assign the "weight map" from there and then if need to customize. (saves a LOT of time)

Shortcuts are helpfull - shift scroll to enlarge/minimize brush size and cntrl to reverse the effect!

But: on some places - holster like with belt and gun on foot - it gets crazy to toggle on several bones.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Oleg, is there any method you can suggest for the hair problem?
I add hair to the model but the hair stands as an immobile object in the game but I want it to move when I move or with the wind.
Is it possible?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Z@gor, which of original game model have the feature you describe?
jr59

Post by jr59 »

hi oleg, I have a problem to modify the skeleton, it seems that it works more, it crashes in open IV and in the games, nothing has been changed in the updates???

There is a problem, I take a skeleton, without changing anything, I export the yft file, open IV crash, I do not understand?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it depends on a model. animal models (they have collisions attached to skeleton) might fail after export. skeleton should be imported with no "slice to parts" option; exported with LODs set to "Skeleton only" mode.