GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Patricktan112

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by Patricktan112 »

So If you look from 0:09 im go to change the pants, and at 0:11 i go to change it back and its not showing up again. If you look at the menu the pant is 52 and then when i go to change it and then change it back to 52 and then its gone
Patricktan112

Post by Patricktan112 »

Like everything work fine, such as the vest, t-shirt and the boots but the pant are being a total joke
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have you tried to make no changes (import/export) and test this mod in game?
another idea would be to test this via different trainer.
Patricktan112

Post by Patricktan112 »

Like what do you mean "have you tried to make no changes (import/export)" And i have tried a different trainer, i tried it with vmenu and i still get the same result
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The idea was to import original model into ZModeler and export it with no changes. Just to check whether the exported model will suffer the same problem or not. If it works fine, then the problem is in your .mesh or its materials/textures.
Patricktan112

Post by Patricktan112 »

Yes i have tried importing the original model into zmodeler and then export and it work. So then it is very strange, interesting
Patricktan112

Post by Patricktan112 »

So, i have fixed it and it seem to be a material issue. I was export the normal and the spec as A8R8G8B8 and so i change them to the DXT format
Nandolouco

Post by Nandolouco »

Hi dudes, I noticed that absolutely all imported GTA 5 characters get their mesh separated from their rigging/bones after importing it in Zmodeler.

It’s pretty easy to reproduce the problem, just import any GTA 5 character, and then export it next (don’t touch anything on the model itself). So, since the problem occurs without even touching the model, there might be some glitch on ZModeler because it breaks the rigging just by importing and exporting the "ydd" file.

Does anyone know how to solve that issue? I've just purchased a license solely to modify the characters, so, if I cannot do that, I'll have wasted my money as I will not use ZModeler for anything else :cry:

Ps. 1: I’m already importing the file with the option “Slice to parts” turned off.

Ps. 2: I’m using the latest ZModeler version.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you show a screenshot of the problem?

are you aware that you need to import .yft file prior importing .ydd?

update "MaxBones" value to 160 using "Settings->Profile->Editor" in "Preferences->Filters->GTARage" branch. press "Save profile" and restart ZModeler.
Nandolouco

Post by Nandolouco »

Oleg wrote:may you show a screenshot of the problem?

update "MaxBones" value to 160 using "Settings->Profile->Editor" in "Preferences->Filters->GTARage" branch. press "Save profile" and restart ZModeler.

Hi Oleg! First of all, thank you so much for replying. I actually have NO idea on how to properly modify characters. I've been work with 3D software such as Maya and Max for years, but as there is not much stuff on the internet about ZModeler, I am totally lost about its workflow and how things should be imported to it.

Do you have any step-by-step on that regard? Basically, I want to replace the head and some accessories of a character.

EDITED: I've just found a documentation on this thread that teaches how the importing procedure is. I'll give it a try and let you know if I have any further questions. Thanks!!!
Nandolouco

Post by Nandolouco »

Oleg, now that I managed to import and export the character properly (without changing anything), I would like to know what I am doing wrong after I added a different accessory to it for testing purposes. So, I attached here some images that will help you understand what my problem is. :cry:

PS.: I've updated the "MaxBones"value to 160 like you suggested.
Attachments
ZModelerProblem.jpg
Patricktan112

Post by Patricktan112 »

Hi there Oleg, i was wondering you may know this or not by any chance. I have the vest here where i made it transparent but i use the colour yellow for the spec map and it too glossies. I was wondering if you may know or may suggest what colour spec map to use as well to have it transparent see through
Image: https://imgur.com/a/IoL7S5I
Nandolouco

Post by Nandolouco »

Oleg, do you have any update about my help request?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Nandolouco wrote:Oleg, do you have any update about my help request?
Generally, you should import and export model with no changes first, just to be sure everything is fine. the model should stay rigged properly, each and every component should behave properly after you import/export. The attached accessory should not give such an effect.

It is essential to toggle "Rigging" and "4 bones" in properties of .mesh object on "Mesh->Vertices->Format" branch.
Then copy weight from original "upper->.mesh" object.

mind to bind your .mesh object with .skel from .global (using "Select->Mark" tool's right click on skeleton and "Rigging\Skeleton\Bind" tool's left click on mesh).

But first of all, your import/export with no changes should produce correct model in game.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Patricktan112, I doubt transparency could be related to specmap texture. transparency is generally controlled by main texture's alpha channel. it might be essential to use ped_decal shader to make transparency work properly.

specular red channel is a shininess, green is environment reflectivity.. so you should pay attention to your texture on per-channel basis.
Nandolouco

Post by Nandolouco »

Oleg wrote:
Nandolouco wrote:Oleg, do you have any update about my help request?
Generally, you should import and export model with no changes first, just to be sure everything is fine. the model should stay rigged properly, each and every component should behave properly after you import/export. The attached accessory should not give such an effect.

It is essential to toggle "Rigging" and "4 bones" in properties of .mesh object on "Mesh->Vertices->Format" branch.
Then copy weight from original "upper->.mesh" object.

mind to bind your .mesh object with .skel from .global (using "Select->Mark" tool's right click on skeleton and "Rigging\Skeleton\Bind" tool's left click on mesh).

But first of all, your import/export with no changes should produce correct model in game.

Thanks for replying, Oleg! I did what you suggested and the character showed up correctly in the game. However, when I added the watch and did all the procedure you mentioned, it was still shifting from the wrist (I made it bigger for testing purposes so that we can see it better).

It doesn't even follow the arm animation when the character is walking... :(

What is even more weird is that when I move the bones in Zmodeler, the watch follows the arm properly as you can see on the image attached...

I wonder if I have also to export the ".yft" file and replace it in the GTA folder like I do with the ".ydd" (which I haven't done yet).

Maybe I'm missing an important step so that the object can be attached also while in the game itself.
Attachments
In the game
In the game
In Zmodeler
In Zmodeler
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if watch model bind to a skeleton and rigged to bones, or it is bind to an arm bone? it should be a rigged model.
also, it is essential to use "ped ***" shader on a model, other shaders might not animate in game.
Patricktan112

Post by Patricktan112 »

Is there a way to change the first person while having your helmet on? Like for example if i convert a custom helmet in and then replace the a vanilla helmet, is there a way to change it so the view work with the custom helmet instead of the vanilla view of the original helmet in first person? If you know what i mean
aaron hirst

Post by aaron hirst »

hey guys i was wondering if i could get a little bit of help. ive got this body model. i took it from a different ped model. i then replaced one clothing item in mp_m_freemode_01 (mp male) i replaced jbib_002_u.ydd since it wasn't being used. none of the jbib items or uppr items has skells, so i left the skell out. but it looked like this https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 8/pic5.png

i put a skell in and it bugged the hands out.

does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you have to load original skeleton from .yft file before you load .ydd model. you can't edit .ydd model unless you have a correct skeleton loaded.
aaron hirst

Post by aaron hirst »

yes but the vanilla file doesnt have a skel when i imported it..........
aaron hirst

Post by aaron hirst »

and since its YFT file.....im modding streamd ped stuff, so wont it affect all clothing item? ill try it anyway and see how it goes
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

vanilla ped contains skeleton in .yft file. multiplayer has skeleton in .yft file located in some other location, you should search for it. Some patches have their own multiplayer skeletons for some reason.

any skeleton (.skel) you have loaded into ZModeler should be stored in branch named .global

Further import will prefer .skel located in .global rather than (if any) skeleton information from .ydd file.
aaron hirst

Post by aaron hirst »

ok i sorted everything but the hair just bugs the hell out and i have no clue why. it bugs with skell and without skell. everything is fine except the hair
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

is hair geometry messed off rigging, or is there other shader-alike visual mess?