GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by Oleg »

so, both settings are identical, but the old export produces shiny lips and the new one has matte lips?

zip and send me both .ydd files (no textures needed), I'll check what has changed inside exported files.
saldin93

Post by saldin93 »

check your pm oleg, i'd send a link.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have you checked the latest update? is it still wrong?
saldin93

Post by saldin93 »

Thanks Oleg! The glossy/specs is perfectly works!
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, how to fix inverted bump map? i have ydd exported with zmodeler, earlier bump work ok, but after reexport it's inverted
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

is it original game model? there was wrong bump map appearance on original vehicles after being imported into zmodeler; shaders were updated to render bump properly. So, if this is not a stock model and you made bump map to look properly in older version of ZM, you should rework bump bu either flipping or inverting red and blue channels.

I've tested bump on "doorshuts" material of buffalo model. it's absolutely ok being loaded original vehicle, after using normals calculate in ZM (no visual changes, so normals are loaded ok) and after export and re-import.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

well, it's modified original model of Cop PED, if you just use it ingame - no problems with bump, if i reexport it - the bump on accs will be inverted, i can invert the bump texture, but i want to fix this in zm, i think there's some option in material setting
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

how could I reproduce it step by step?
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, you can import this model and export, and get the inverted bump map ingame (i checked only accs_ parts) it's a police badge and the thing with name of policeman
Attachments
bump bug.rar
(4.54 MiB) Downloaded 235 times
Magnix

Post by Magnix »

Someone who have a export video or a guide how to export all of this with textures?

I have read in this topic and can't see to find anything.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the game will automatically assign textures from original .ytd packages, as it needs to "randomize" variations a little. You should put your textures into original packages by replacing original textures there (matching file names).
Magnix

Post by Magnix »

When i spawn the model, I get a game crash after added all textures and all the other things fixed.
But when it spawn I can see how the model spawns, the hands is down but the arms is in the model point?

What can this come from?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

all components of .ydd file have to be exported while they are bind to a full skeleton. full skeleton is generally loaded from .yft file and renamed to ".global" > ".skel" in hierarchy. Then the model should be loaded/bind and then it can be exported. Prior exporting, you can switch skeleton to default mode (turn off "Setup mode") and move hand or leg bone to see whether proper geometry moves on .mesh object(s).

Note, some .ydd components use a chopped (non-full) skeleton, e.g lower part uses just a half of skeleton with legs/feet bones only and omits upper torso, hands and head bones completely. as a result, lower part can utilize, say, just 40 bones instead of using skeleton with 200+ bones. this is a game-specific task to drive a copped skeleton using an original full skeleton. but it's your task to export a model using full (200+ bones) skeleton, so correct bones influences are assigned and stored in a model file. otherwise, you have a risk to get legs affected by arms bones or torso/hand bones been affected by head bones or something like this. Always edit model and export when full skeleton is used.
jr59

Post by jr59 »

hi, oleg, I have paint copy problems that I did not have before, I feel that something in my zmodeler configration has a problem! Watch the screenshots!
An idea?
thank you
Attachments
Sans titre.jpg
Sans titre1.png
Sans titre2.jpg
jr59

Post by jr59 »

I think I have another problem, is the last version is Ver 3.1.4 build 1141 ?, if yes then my zmodeler does not update, I am 3.1.3 build 1139, my license expires in 174 days, Is not normal? So he does not get up to date?
jr59

Post by jr59 »

hi solved the license, but paint copy same problem!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have you inspected on bone-by-bone level the source mesh you've copied weights from? may be it has the same bugged influence spread in wrong places and it got copied? If not, send me a .z3d file with original mesh and your own mesh, i'll try to copy and locate the cause.

meanwhile, you can pick Paint tool and reduce weight in improper places with Ctrl+click (on vertices level). Then use Influence/weight/normalize.
jr59

Post by jr59 »

Here is the file!
Attachments
machine.z3d
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 210 times
jr59

Post by jr59 »

meanwhile, you can pick Paint tool and reduce weight in improper places with Ctrl+click (on vertices level). Then use Influence/weight/normalize.[/quote]

Yes that's what i do, but it takes a lot more time, i did not have this problem before! always using ig_bankman!
jr59

Post by jr59 »

I think the problem is ig_bankman, must try with other characters!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes, i've examined the tool and it seems to act properly. The problem is the geometry of ig_bankman model. It has some simplified geometry of shirt inside of torso with polygons crossing entire torso up to down. The weight copy tool considers them as good candidates to copy weight from, while it's not. simply delete geometry inside torso, so weights are copied from suit and front-side skirt on torso.
jr59

Post by jr59 »

Yes i also found, i try ig-barry is much better
thank you oleg
jr59

Post by jr59 »

Sorry oleg But I still have a problem with this model, I try at least 10 specular map to have a reflection effect or chrome metal effect, the texture is always matte, I do not understand, this is the first Times, that I have this problem! I'm going crazy!
Attachments
mark5.rar
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 185 times
GTA5 2017-01-31 23-15-20-84.jpg
jr59

Post by jr59 »

here is the z3d file!
Attachments
mark5.z3d
(7.45 MiB) Downloaded 211 times
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Sorry, I just can't remind the solution for this issue. it was addressed in an update/fix few weeks or about 1-2 months ago, but I can't remind what have to be done on a model to fix this. I was testing cop sunglasses and had them dull with no env reflection at first and then got it fixed and exported properly... just can't remind what have been done or what have to be done. Also, ensure you use the very latest version of ZModeler, may be your copy is not up to date?

P.S. it was a topic with Terminator screenshots attached, here on forum...

P.P.S. it feels like it has something to do with specular color on "Color Parameters" page. Try different settings of specular color (gray, dark gray, black) and try different strength value too.