GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
fomenkox

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by fomenkox »

Oleg wrote:скинь .z3d перед экспортом, где всё готово и всё настроено.
вот https://yadi.sk/d/gM9AyLDR3THwde
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

модель не соответствует оригинальному скелету. я не уверен, что оригинальный скелет можно заменять, а именно менять соответствие костей и их ID.

на части моделей (head_000, head_001) полное несоответствие костей и их влияния на геометрию.

p.s. на компонентах где кости не напутан, можно исправить ситуацию, переименовав .global во что-то (чтоб не использовался на импорта), скрыть ветку, и загрузив оригинальный .yft. затем ветку от загруженного >yft переименовать в .global и сделать bind to skeleton для нового (оригинального) скелета. важно:: на момент bind to skeleton геометрия должна быть привязана к старому скелету (поэтому старый .global не удалть, а именно переименовать и скрыть). При такой "перепривязки" программа переназначит ID костей. так, можно восстановить все компоненты кроме Head_000, head_001, где кости даже на текущем скелете уже напутаны.
fomenkox

Post by fomenkox »

Oleg wrote:модель не соответствует оригинальному скелету. я не уверен, что оригинальный скелет можно заменять, а именно менять соответствие костей и их ID.

на части моделей (head_000, head_001) полное несоответствие костей и их влияния на геометрию.

p.s. на компонентах где кости не напутан, можно исправить ситуацию, переименовав .global во что-то (чтоб не использовался на импорта), скрыть ветку, и загрузив оригинальный .yft. затем ветку от загруженного >yft переименовать в .global и сделать bind to skeleton для нового (оригинального) скелета. важно:: на момент bind to skeleton геометрия должна быть привязана к старому скелету (поэтому старый .global не удалть, а именно переименовать и скрыть). При такой "перепривязки" программа переназначит ID костей. так, можно восстановить все компоненты кроме Head_000, head_001, где кости даже на текущем скелете уже напутаны.
да уж, не ожидал что всё так плохо с этим персом((
fomenkox

Post by fomenkox »

И это я скинул файл программы, куда импортированы оригинальные файлы персонажа от мододела)))
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

I'm trying to add a body-cam to a police ped.

This is the end result: https://i.gyazo.com/93f4110b31be2abe84b ... 3cf1bf.mp4

I've attached it to the skeleton, copied the weight from the uppr (even copied the weight from the accs during troubleshooting), but for the life of me I cannot get it to stop wiggling in place when the ped is standing still. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I've even attached it to the individual mesh components (accs and uppr) and it still wiggles in place.

It's being added as a hand_000_u piece since I need to make multiple versions of it to fit on a vest as well as be taken off in-game.
[Lore and 3rd Party Emergency Vehicles | Custom Ped/EUP]
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

read about "wind effect simulation", paint per-vertex secondary color to black.
Modojo

Post by Modojo »

Hello, Im trying to combine different components of two ydd models (an addon ped onto a female gtao mp model) together but whenever I import in-game, the mesh is like glitchy. I'm just wondering if it's possible to combine the vertices together?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

post a screenshot on what you mean by "mesh is like glitchy" ?
Modojo

Post by Modojo »

I cut off a section of the chest and tried to merge it together with a new component into a single mesh and I get this result in-game.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

beside merging geometry (probably with modify\attach and later with modify\submesh\weld), you need vertices to be weighted onto correct skeleton bones too. This is generally done by copying weights from original geometry with rigging\influence\copy tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNH2EN9B0ds
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Oleg wrote:read about "wind effect simulation", paint per-vertex secondary color to black.
How do I access the secondary color setting? When I click on paint, even in the option panel, there's no indicator for secondary color.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

surface\paint - an options button on a group panel in top-right corner.
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Oleg wrote:surface\paint - an options button on a group panel in top-right corner.
Thanks, worked perfectly.

Now, new questions!

Any idea what would be causing this?

https://i.gyazo.com/7913aba678755aab259 ... e0515a.mp4

I've checked the materials and nothing is tiled above 1.0 but I can't figure out why it would pick up that texture. Material is GTAV/Ped/Ped - I've also tried GTA/Ped/Ped_default with no success.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this has something to do with per-vertex material color. paint primary color to the same values as original ped models. they have a sort of orange color (blue = 0).
Modojo

Post by Modojo »

I'm trying to rig a dress w/skirt but in-game the arms and fingers are binded to the skirt. So now the skirt is moving along with the hands whenever I run with my ped.

I've done it successfully before but sadly I don't remember how I did it haha. Is there a way to mark certain parts of the .skel so that the dress only moves with the upper and lower body?

https://gfycat.com/ImpressionableRadiantAmazondolphin
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should set leg bone (one then another) as current and spread/paint their weight onto dress mesh object. This will suppress affection of other bones.

Alternatively (or in addition to the stated above) it is recommended to skim arm bones using "next/prev bone" buttons to locate arm bones that affect dress: then use weight paint with CTRL held down to reduce and remove affection of these bones.

then use Influence\Normalize to re-balance weights.

Finally, the lower part of bride dress is actually controlled by cloth simulation rather than by skeleton bones.
Have you checked the video below?

Se1M7xfdDfc
Modojo

Post by Modojo »

Ahh thanks a lot, it worked now. Ya I'm still halfway into that watching that video haha I'm hoping to make it successfully. Although, I'm using the ig_bride instead of the csb bride so not sure if you can mix and match.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope, ig_bride has no .yld, so you can't enable cloth simulation on it. csb_bride is ok, i've used it for tests too.
Modojo

Post by Modojo »

Oleg wrote:nope, ig_bride has no .yld, so you can't enable cloth simulation on it. csb_bride is ok, i've used it for tests too.
Yep. I just started testing this one. This particular one is kinda difficult to put through trial and error for modifying just one vertex lol.
J.Manlet

Post by J.Manlet »

Hey there,

I added an additional UPPR to my ped, and it is doing this. I am not having issues with anything else on the ped so I'm assuming I have done something wrong - somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should load .yft file and rename it to .global first. then you can load original .ydd file and replace components.
Hoachin

Post by Hoachin »

Hey, I'm fairly new to Zmodeler 3.
I've spend all yesterday and this morning trying to export a character model. I've followed all the instructions given in the forums.

It already has a skeleton etc, not needing modified, it exports fine. But when I spawn the model in game, it instantly crashes.

I'm really not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Could somebody please give me a detailed guide on how to export a character model without it crashing my game.

to give you an idea of what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to import then export this model - https://www.gta5-mods.com/player/villai ... ce-ped-1-0
Again I've followed all instructions, but the game crashes as soon as I hit spawn

Regards,

Callum
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what is Base value used on topmost dummy node? Note, if you import .yft file first, it will assign Base value from .yft file (which is quite small regularly). You should import .ydd file only and check for Base value in user-defined options box in Properties window. This is the value you should retain (or if you export a higher-detailed geometry, increase this value).

Does the game give any error when crashing like ERR_INVALID_RESOURCE_5 or something like that?
Hoachin

Post by Hoachin »

the value in user-defined options is 8,0.

I don't get any errors, just a straight crash to desktop

I've tried importing, doing nothing then exporting, but even that crashes to desktop.
Hoachin

Post by Hoachin »

What I'm trying to do basically is - If you check the model in GTA5 it seems to have a cloth texture / bump mapping on all the metallic parts, I'm looking to take all the cloth effect out and have it appear more smooth and metallic looking.

I've spent actual DAYS creating a 4K overhaul texture, it looks amazing, but with the model currently as it is... it looks, like I said, as if all the metal is fabric.