GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by Oleg »

show me the hierarchy of the model you export.
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Oleg wrote:show me the hierarchy of the model you export.
Alright
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

do you bind mesh to ".skel" ? or to some bone? it should be bind to ".skel" and mesh object should have "Rigging" and "4 bones" options toggled in properties->mesh->vertices->format. The rest look Ok to me.
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Oleg wrote:do you bind mesh to ".skel" ? or to some bone? it should be bind to ".skel" and mesh object should have "Rigging" and "4 bones" options toggled in properties->mesh->vertices->format. The rest look Ok to me.
Yes I tried to bind it to both .skel and SKEL_R_Thigh, and the properties are just like you say. Don't understand why it doesn't move in game

Edit Re-did the whole process and it works like it's supposed to now! :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

tried to bind it to both .skel and SKEL_R_Thigh
this is where things went wrong I suppose. exporter found bind with SKEL_R_Thigh but missed bind with ".skel".
mkcm

Post by mkcm »

This is my first time modding. After I made the ped, the lower part disappeared. What went wrong?
I follow the steps here:
1. import associated .yft file ("Slice to parts" off, "combine models" on).
2. rename the ".skel" branch to ".global" and delete ".mesh" object in hierarchy;
3. Import assocated .ydd file ("Slice to parts" off, "combine models" on).
4. edit
5. export into desired .ydd file (with "Skeletal" mode on)
Attachments
1.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should start modding with the very simple task first: move some vertices on original lower part (to make spikes) and make a test export. just to find out whether your import -> export scenario is ok.

model replacement is requires two important things:
1. use "ped_***" shaders
2. ".mesh" to be bind with global ".skel" and be weighted (even if it's not, an export will succeed, just bad mesh movement will be in game).
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Hello again!

So I'm editing this ped, been adding a few components and everything works fine. All of a sudden after one of many exports I get "Error corrupt game files. ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5" and a game crash when i try to spawn my model. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

has mesh geometry become significantly heavy (in terms of vertices / polygons count) ? If it's the case, make sure to increase "Base" value in user-defined options on topmost hierarchy node.
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Oleg wrote:has mesh geometry become significantly heavy (in terms of vertices / polygons count) ? If it's the case, make sure to increase "Base" value in user-defined options on topmost hierarchy node.
It's probably around 20k verticles/polygons, i would increase it in .global then?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

in s_m_y_hwaycop_01
mkcm

Post by mkcm »

Oleg wrote:you should start modding with the very simple task first: move some vertices on original lower part (to make spikes) and make a test export. just to find out whether your import -> export scenario is ok.

model replacement is requires two important things:
1. use "ped_***" shaders
2. ".mesh" to be bind with global ".skel" and be weighted (even if it's not, an export will succeed, just bad mesh movement will be in game).
problem solved thank you so much!!!
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Oleg wrote:in s_m_y_hwaycop_01
Thankyou! After trying for a bit i got it to stop crashing
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Thanks for all the help, I have one more question.
How can I remove influence on an object from a specific bone?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

set the bone as "current bone", pick influence paint tool, hold CTRL key and paint influence - it will reduce associated bone's influence; then use influence\normalize to re-ballance weight.
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Oleg wrote:set the bone as "current bone", pick influence paint tool, hold CTRL key and paint influence - it will reduce associated bone's influence; then use influence\normalize to re-ballance weight.
Ah it was that simple. Great thanks a lot!
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Hi, Oleg
When I import the file, after the last update, the .mesh file belonging to the head part doesn’t appear. No problem with other body parts, the problem is only with head/mesh file. It is as I’ve shown in this picture:

By the way, When I transfer the ydr file I created with Zmodeler3 to the game, texture is ok but there is no collision. Is it possible we could add collision to a ydr file created from the scratch? If not, will there be a collision support in the future?
Baud0412

Post by Baud0412 »

Hi, I got a problem, somtimes when I put a model from anothezr game on a GTA NPC (for exemple a vest) this become wet after a certain moment, it's good at the start, then it's shiny/wet
Any idea to fix that ?
Thank's !
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Z@gor, you've loaded a model with "slice to parts" option. it should not be used on ped models;

collisions are saved in .ydr files, you should check it by re-importing .ydr files to see whether it's there or not. you can see it in OpenIV too I suppose. may be the game does not respond to collision properly, but the actual collision certainly stored into .ydr file
bronyrapper

Post by bronyrapper »

A quick explanation of what you're looking at, the blue is the desired shoulder bone position, the red is just your usual movement of the arm swinging while you run etc, and the left is what I want to avoid, the right is my desired finished product, can I just move the bone to the right a bit and the shoulder behaves normally but 50cm to the right, or will it stretch? (Only did this effect in Photoshop to illustrate my point and am yet to try it on the actual model, was hoping Oleg that you can shed some light on this)

http://i.imgur.com/FZ41C0s.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

move shoulder bone of .global .skel's (in "Setup mode") to desired position and export .yft file in "Skeleton only" mode. then move associated geometry respectively. If I'm not mistaken, ped/player animations are "rotation-only", so you can play with bone positions on skeleton to have different effects. An example of skeleton changes is shown in this video:

ANR70u1LhdI
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Oleg wrote:Z@gor, you've loaded a model with "slice to parts" option. it should not be used on ped models;

collisions are saved in .ydr files, you should check it by re-importing .ydr files to see whether it's there or not. you can see it in OpenIV too I suppose. may be the game does not respond to collision properly, but the actual collision certainly stored into .ydr file

Thank you Oleg,
I solved the collision problem, made the .ytyp settings and added the model to the game successfully. I assigned emissive texture to the exterior lighting parts and windows, this way it looks better at night. But I have a problem. When I move a little bit away from the model during the game, parts I assigned emissive texture disappear while there is no such a problem with parts with normal texture. I set the drawing distance highest possible, I mean there is not any problem with .ytyp settings. Do you have a solution for this? Do I need to make settings with ZModeler3 or something?
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

Sorry to bother but I am having issues with my model ingame; it crashes. I am getting a corrupt game data error when I attempt to spawn the model.

Notes:
-I've created extra materials for the ped.
-I used mesh from another game.
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

I've narrowed it down to the surface/paint action. I painted primary with rgb 225/128/0 and secondary with rgb black.
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

Found the problem. It crashes with 225/128/0 but does not crash with 225/128/64