GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
jr59

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by jr59 »

thank you
I insist on it to work
MAESTRE3D

Post by MAESTRE3D »

Oleg wrote:it's in branch GTA5->ped->ped_emissive. and yes, its on recent updates only.
@MAESTRE3D, it does look like a texture problem. resave your textures with mip-maps generated. try it temporary with original textures (these will not fit of cause, but you will able to find out whether textures are the cause of these artifacts).
Hi Oleg (Or anybody who know what I'm doing wrong.)
I'm having some troubles with some models, sometimes the model ports well, but sometimes it looks weird and buggy. I think it's a tangent problem, but i don't know very well tangents. I used the default normals (In this case, from MGSV) See:

See her mouth
Back and arm

I don't know why that happens, I used ped shaders (ped_default), but the problem persist with some models (It's very rare but it happened to me 3 times)
Intel i7 6700k
16GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

first of all, assign "bank_normal" texture in BUMPMAP slot (RGB: 128,128,255). this will disable possible artifacts of bumpmap and tangents. if problem still persist, normals are wrong. you can try smoothing them on vertices level with surface\normals\smooth tool.
MAESTRE3D

Post by MAESTRE3D »

with "bank_normal" what do you mean? If you are talking about adding bump maps to the model, I already did it but I don't know where I change RGB for Bump Map. And for smoothing normals, what values should I add? Thanks for replying man.

EDIT: Ok, @Oleg, so thanks to you a got it working, it's all smooth now, very good loking, but also I changed ped diffuse, specular and colors to the gta ped default on material editor. and I use now for body and head the "ped" shader. But I got a bump map (I think) error now, here a pic. But it's very strange, sometimes it disappears and When I was taking some screenshots on R* Editor after some minutes the problem was gone. I don't know if it happen when weather changes or because the lighting. Maybe I smoothed wrong the normals, i don't know very well that tool, like I wrote you, i don't know what values I need to add.

But yeah, I'm very grateful for the results thanks to you, it helped a lot, i think smooth normals made everything, just that thing that needs to be fix it.
Intel i7 6700k
16GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yup, I've seen this effect on some of models I've converted earlier. this could be related to UV#2: assign some mapping onto UV#2 and move mapping out of texture square to 1 unit right and several units up. by unit I mean modify\move -> press Tab -> type integral value (1, 2, 3 etc) and press Ok.
MAESTRE3D

Post by MAESTRE3D »

Oleg wrote:yup, I've seen this effect on some of models I've converted earlier. this could be related to UV#2: assign some mapping onto UV#2 and move mapping out of texture square to 1 unit right and several units up. by unit I mean modify\move -> press Tab -> type integral value (1, 2, 3 etc) and press Ok.
I think I fix it haha, it was the shader, "ped" shader it's the reason. So just selected another shader and everything was ok. Thanks a lot for your help man, It's very good that you help us a lot.
Intel i7 6700k
16GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
JotaPXModz

Post by JotaPXModz »

Im having those weird lines texture issue too, someone know how to fix?

@MAESTRE3D i saw you used "ped_hair_cutout_alpha" in your Quiet's mod, but i got this aliasing issue

carface80

Post by carface80 »

I made a crash course on importing a ped. I gone thought the threads amd I followed this instruction below and when I import the ydd files, I noticed that the components are outside the hierarchy, so moved them into the proper hierarchy. I made no changes and I exported one of the component (I chose the hair) when I load GTAV, the hair is not moving along with the head anymore, it kind of "floats" I felt I missed something...

Player models:
1. import player_***.yft file (with "Slice to parts" off and "Combine models" on).
2. rename top hierarchy node to .global
3. Import desired player's .ydd file
4. edit
5. export into desired .ydd file (with "Skeletal" mode on)

NPC models
1. import associated .yft file ("Slice to parts" off, "combine models" on).
2. Delete ".mesh" object in hierarchy;
3. Import assocated .ydd file ("Slice to parts" off, "combine models" on).
4. edit
5. export into desired .ydd file (with "Skeletal" mode on)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

carface80 wrote:...when I import the ydd files, I noticed that the components are outside the hierarchy,...
post a screenshot.
vittel

Post by vittel »

Hi Oleg,

is it possible to connect/merge the vertex points together - without a gap between?

I tried to figure it out on my own, but the vertexes din't allign the right way like Vertex0, Vertex1 with (x1,y1.z1) = (x0,y0,z0) [see selected vertex in attachment]

I
Attachments
xcvr.png
carface80

Post by carface80 »

This more of a rookie mistake than a software glitch...it seems i had managed to ruined the weighting during the import stage, I tried several times and i got the same result.

LEFT: After importing the ydd files, they are all ended up outside the hierarchy. RIGHT: I moved all of them inside based on the screenshot found from download/file.php?id=4042&mode=view/fil ... &mode=view
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@vittel: Select, Weld, Select, Weld.... use 'W' as hotkey for Modify\Submesh\Weld.
carface80

Post by carface80 »

Sorry for the lack of clarification, I was attempting to edit a hair from streaming ped, when I export it, i ended up getting this:

However, I made a test import a regular ped, then export it and it works fine in game.

I wonder if it is possible to import and export streaming ped, if so, what is the right way to do it?
bronyrapper

Streamed ped issue

Post by bronyrapper »

For anyone wondering about the skeleton [x64v.rpf\models\cdimages\streamedpeds_mp.rpf] mp_f_freemode

And the torso [update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mpheist_streamedpeds.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01_female_heist] jbib_002_u

3 pictures and a video are here, ask me anything else to help me out or for clarification

When I import (and delete .mesh)
I move them to the (hopefully) correct place
OpenIV LOD0 (keep in mind no other LOD is modified yet they are still weird in OpenIV aswell)
Video
IsmaDanialEugene

Post by IsmaDanialEugene »

what cause this problem?...bcause i have done copy weight and all...before this i nver had a problem....
Attachments
a.jpg
carface80

Post by carface80 »

Solved. It turns out, the bindings and the weightings are indeed "discarded" while importing streaming ped components (multiple ydd). This wont happened on regular peds with single ydd file. To make things more interesting, the head got its own skeleton rigs! When I made an attempt to bind the hair, I ended up binding to the wrong skeleton. So i re-bind the hair to the skeleton from the yft file and re paint the weighs...finally fixed.
Last edited by carface80 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
carface80

Post by carface80 »

IsmaDanialEugene wrote:what cause this problem?...bcause i have done copy weight and all...before this i nver had a problem....
bad weighing.
IsmaDanialEugene

Post by IsmaDanialEugene »

carface80 wrote:
IsmaDanialEugene wrote:what cause this problem?...bcause i have done copy weight and all...before this i nver had a problem....
bad weighing.
nope i got it...need restart the zmodeler...then work again at this model...in first attempt maybe skel are accidently modified...and then second attempt it work fine....

take a look

YAdGhXJ2Bts
vittel

Post by vittel »

Oleg wrote:@vittel: Select, Weld, Select, Weld.... use 'W' as hotkey for Modify\Submesh\Weld.
Thanks, i just noticed it din't work - because i was trying it with two different objects. I attached one to other (make it one) , and i worked on vertex level as you said!

Is there a way to make an existing object/mesh to split in more verticles? I mean i create a object with with 2 triangles and then make to 8 triangles or something like that, keeping the UV-Maps the same (according to the outer/boundary edges?

P.s. using full licence version, latest update
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can use modify\submesh\knife tool on vertices to slice neighbor polygons out. alternatively, you can select "islands" of polygons and use Detach tool ("to new object" = off). Both methods will let you use different mapping on "visually common" edges, as well as use different normals for sharp shading.
carface80

Post by carface80 »

I just converted a ped, i spawned my converted ped indoor, and it looks fine, but if i spawned outdoor, the ped's entire body shakes.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

read the last row in the very first post in this topic.
jr59

Post by jr59 »

Hello oleg, I would add emissive texture on all the blue lines of this flash character, since the position of the vertex does not match with the lines,
I think I have to create additional elements corresponding to the lines to assign the color to the vertex,
But do you think there may be a simpler and faster technique?
thank you
Attachments
Dwm 2016-12-14 15-19-45-50.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

modify\insert in edges mode. it is tolerant to uv mapping and bones weight along crossed geometry. tap CTRL key if you can't pick desired edge; hold CTRL and left-click to commit insertion path.

6Mb animated GIF:
insert_tool.gif
jr59

Post by jr59 »

Awesome, thanks a lot oleg!