GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
BLACKHACK09

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

I tried doing that, using the original mapping and textures, but instead of the og gas mask texture i used the new one. For the hair_02 (which is just the gas mask), the new textures work just fine. But with hair_03 (gas mask and helmet), well that happens. Is there a way i can custom map it to make it work?
Robinate

Post by Robinate »

Alright, I did all of that, but it still messes up shirts / jackets, including normal ones.

I've added a screenshot to show you the problem. The t-shirt is unedited and looks normal when I don't have the accessory on.
Attachments
20160803225005_1.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Robinate, can you send me your .z3d file?
Robinate

Post by Robinate »

Sure, anything to get this problem sorted.
Last edited by Robinate on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Is there a way i can get each of them to use textures from 2 separate files?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Robinate, and what model do you put this on?
Robinate

Post by Robinate »

I exported it as task_000_u for use with the female multiplayer model. The exact file I replaced was

\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpjanuary2016\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mpjanuary2016_female.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01_mp_f_january2016\task_000_u.ydd

It doesn't matter what top I put on the character, it causes the same issue with all of them.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

...and where have you got skeleton from?
Robinate

Post by Robinate »

The skeleton is located at \x64v.rpf\models\cdimages\streamedpeds_mp.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01.yft
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

bug confirmed. will spot for solution in nearest days.
Robinate

Post by Robinate »

Alright, thanks for taking the time to figure it out. Glad I could help you narrow down a bug, though.
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

How do you use zmodeler to remap things like that? Tried everything else and it seems like the only option
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Robinate, fixed, get an update.

@BLACKHACK09, show me your scene hierarchy (and explain what parts you modify there and what parts get messed in game). then show materials editor and specify what material(s) are used on your parts (and those that get buggy). and finally, specify what textures you assign (are they stored in .ydd or you put them into .ytd)?
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Heres the hierarchy. Hair_03 is what gets messed up. So originally it is that helmet and a different gas mask. The problem is they are combined so i had to use hair_01s helmet (which is the exact same, size and all), and combine it with the new mask (which is from player_zero used in the heist mission). Hair_02 was originally the same gas mask as hair_03, but a stand alone. I replaced it with the new mask and it worked just fine (replaced the original textures in the .ytd and it looked perfect in game).
Attachments
Screenshot (3).png
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

These are the materials the get messed up, seperated they are fine, but together in hair_03 the mapping is messed up. You would think it would be fine just replacing the original gas mask texture in .ytd like for hair_02, but it is not as you can see in my photo i posted earlier. They look fine in the editor, but once in game they are messed up because they use the textures out of the hair_03 marine_03.ytd, instead of their original seperate ones (hair_03 and acc_009). So when they use that pre-mapped texture, thats where it gets messed up. I tried using the UV to make them map from their originals and into gta, but it doesnt work.
Attachments
Screenshot (4).png
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Hair_01 materials
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

I see how people have added objects to peds on here. Where does the game recognize those textures from?
quechus13
Beginner

Post by quechus13 »

all these guys are having issues with Materials and rigging and my model won't even show up in-game!

Like I said before

The model doesn't show up and the SuperLOD show up instead.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the game forces usage of textures from associated .ytd files. This is probably a part of ped randomization scenario. you have to use texture names as they are in .ytd files - don't add new textures, replace original textures only.

also, to make this "texture switching" work properly for ped randomization, entire "upper" model and "lower" model have to be mapped onto just one texture (and in most of cases just one material). ped_** shaders can vary in output result (just like vehicle_tire -> from rubber to chrome) with various build-in effects (see specmap texture channels), so it should be possible to make your model work on one material.

The problem you describe of incorrect LOD being shown is probably related to incorrect LODs setup on your models. I actually was unable to reproduce it, but this could be related to mismatching count of LODs avail on your .mesh entries. They should all match - e.g. either all have L0 and L1, or all have L0 only, not mixing combinations.
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

I used the same mapping in the original .ytd file. Basically just put the new mask textures over the old ones, so the mapping should of worked, but it didnt.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@queches13
@Oleg
i got supersold bug when i edit the hierarchy of original model. so just dont change the hierarchy :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

_Vlad_ wrote:@queches13
i got supersold bug when i edit the hierarchy of original model. so just dont change the hierarchy :)
what do you mean by "edit the hierarchy of original model" ? have you changed the skeleton of it? if you did, updating .yft file is a must. it is allowed to refine skeleton, but I can't be sure on changing hierarchy of parts in it. Here's an example of the model with edited skeleton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBPj3bOlFmE

skeleton was rescaled and moved down, so the model stays on foot. the drawback is a sort of "floating" on a ground while walking/standing animation.

Back to the topic: in my point of view, the game can switch to L1 models when it can't equip it with higher level on all of components. When the ped randomizer generated a model head#0 + upper#1 + lower#0 + accessory#2(your edited model) + feet#1, all of these models should have L0 and L1. If any of these models have L0+L1+L2, then all should supply L0+L1+L2.

The builid-in LOD-distance switch in a model is ignored, as YFT and YDD files have always set this distance to 9998meters as I see. only YDR models have these distances set to adequate values on all LODs.
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Also i noticed ig_ models (in-game) dont mesh properly with any other skeletons, and vice versa. The textures also turn into a collision map once connected. Is there a way to fix that
BLACKHACK09

Post by BLACKHACK09 »

Nevermind. If you import the ig .ydd files before the non ig ones, they work fine
Last edited by BLACKHACK09 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, i mean changing hierarchy (move some parts in hierarchy by alphabet,) without changing anything else ( I did not know that something need to be changed), but its not problem for me. i just say about this situation with SuperLod.