GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Meth0d

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by Meth0d »

I sincerely don't know how to move the bones :(
As I'm starter, i think the explanation is very fast :s

Is there a video tutorial somewhere ?

-----------
Edit:
Well, I moved the bones, but my small ped stay in the air like flying :S
What .mesh is to apply the reset to world ?
-----
Edit:
This is hard, I give up :(
Explanation is also not detailed, you should do a simple video tutorial...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

To make a small ped (on the instance of Yoda model attached above),
1. make sure you modify .skel in "Setup mode".
2. rescale skeleton and meshes so they match fine
3. ensure red-marked objects (dummies, bones, meshes) have axes at 0,0,0 point;
4. select (with Alt+click on [v] icon) bones marked with green and move them lower, so the entire skeleton moves lower too. on the image, i've shown only one leg skeleton bones, so you can clearly see changes and how they should look like)
5. meshes are moved lower too (if they are not yet -> and their axes are reset to world 0,0,0 again if needed).
small_skeleton.jpg
Meth0d

Post by Meth0d »

This is very frustrating, I tried lot of ways, I follow the quechus tutorial and works fine to create the ped models but I dont know how to export custom skeletons.. the small model always stays flying...

Here what I do:
I import the obj, set the material and textures, change propreties stuff (primary color, secondary, rigged=4...)
I paint the vertices orange and Black... Allright

I import the ig_bankman.yft, I set setup-mode ON, rescale the bones to fit with my obj model..than I click reset axes to world and apply to the default obj model.

I import the ig_bankman.ydd, the model stays bigger, I rescale it to match with my obj model, I Attach parts and now its only in one mesh (head).

I bind the custom skeleton to my obj model, I copy vertices from the one.mesh(head) to my obj model

I export the skeleton ig_bankman.yft with skeleton mode on.

I export the ig_bankman.ydd with autodetect..

_-----------

The model flies, not in ground, please how do I fix this?
What am I doing wrong ? I dont know how to export the skeleton I think....

A simple vídeo tutorial should solve this problem.. ZModeler is not easy at all to use...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Meth0d

Post by Meth0d »

Thanks Oleg, this is just what I needed!

-----

EDIT: It worked beautiful S2
Attachments
haha.png
jw2707

Post by jw2707 »

Hi,

I am having trouble trying to edit a hwaycop model to make into a cop model. I managed to change the lower part so there are no more riding boots, but when I removed the police badge the model went crazy. The lower half became distorted in game and separated from the body. I have watched the videos and gone over it all day. Still cannot solve the issue.

I would appreciate it if someone could have a look at the file for me and let me know where I am going wrong?

Many thanks

JW
Attachments
hway cop clean.z3d
(2.73 MiB) Downloaded 192 times
20160930225537_1.jpg
IsmaDanialEugene

Post by IsmaDanialEugene »

Oleg can u help me how to make proper hair...i try many time on trevor hair convert from 3d to ydd...but the hair didnt follow the head
IsmaDanialEugene

i dont know what happen...as i follow video tutorial...copy weight...then bind to skeleton...then trying to move the object...nothing happen...but before this im success to convert it...then i try again always failed......need a solution as soon as posible....
Attachments
filehelper_1477551840646_4.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I see mesh moves according to skeleton changes, solid mesh is not. probably solid mesh is assigned to non-shader material, as all shader materials support skeleton rigging natively.
IsmaDanialEugene

and what can i do to fix this solid mesh problem....
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Hi Oleg, I transferred a model into the game based on your tutorials. Texture and rigging seems to have no problem but the model has a flickering/shaking problem. I uploaded a video so that you can understand it better. I made the editting on ig_bankman model. Do you think this problem is related to yft or ymt files? Thanks for the answer in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEfNnd4p-E
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@IsmaDanialEugene, convert material to "ped" using a conversion script button in the top-right corner of materials browser.

@Z@gor, this is definitively a wind-effect. read the very first post of this topic.
IsmaDanialEugene

@Oleg i have try it...but still same only mesh moving
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

attach your .z3d file here or in PM.
IsmaDanialEugene

@Oleg okayhh waitt
IsmaDanialEugene

Oleg wrote:attach your .z3d file here or in PM.
done pm
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

@Oleg Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried to apply the solution for the shaking (wind effect) problem you wrote on the message in the link but I couldn't succeed. Because my English is not good enough, I am having problems to understand the terminology. Can you please make a video tutorial for this part only.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8755&start=100#p48350
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1.select object;
2. properties -> mesh -> vertices -> format -> Specular color = on (or Secondary color = on); apply;
3. switch object to vertices level, select all vertices;
4. surface->paint branch.. expand options window and set "Secondary", "RGB".
5. surface->paint->Color; set black color in options window and press "Fill selected" in options window.

export and test.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

@Oleg finally done:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS2zeiqH4t8
This was the only point İ had problem with and now it is done thanks to you.
Thanks for all your helps. I am planning to prepare a ped convert video based on what I learned from you. Have a nice day.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

For those who curious on ped_emissive shader, it uses per-vertex blue channel as emissive/HDR multiplication factor. With zero blue (default on most of ped components), ped_emissive will produce low color emission with absolutely no post-effect (even on full-strength of emissive value in ZModeler or high value set in emissiveMultiplier user-defined property). To make a stronger effect, paint per-vertex blue channel color.

here's an example with gradient paint from 10 to 255 on blue:
gta_ped_emissive_shader.jpg
jr59

Post by jr59 »

Oleg wrote:For those who curious on ped_emissive shader, it uses per-vertex blue channel as emissive/HDR multiplication factor. With zero blue (default on most of ped components), ped_emissive will produce low color emission with absolutely no post-effect (even on full-strength of emissive value in ZModeler or high value set in emissiveMultiplier user-defined property). To make a stronger effect, paint per-vertex blue channel color.

The attachment gta_ped_emissive_shader.jpg is no longer available
good work, it 's work but my texture is blue, the emissive color is white, is it possible to emit blue, how can I do?
and what is the maximum valor for emissiveMultiplier?
thank
Attachments
GTA5 2016-10-30 23-10-16-94.jpg
jr59

Post by jr59 »

I have other problem to modify body part of streamped, I try to modify amanda to make amanda pregnant but when i import head part, I have the skeleton and the painting
but when I import the other parts, upr, Lowr etc .., I have not the skeleton,how I can do to change the parts
I do not understand how the streamped works for the skeleton and painting
thank!
Attachments
GTA5 2016-10-30 23-25-22-66.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

there is no emissive "color" in shader configuration, it mutiplies the color of texture itself. If your texture is blue, then per-vertex A is probably set too high (try values of 2, 3.. may be 5, not more).

concerning the streamed peds, they are usually equipped with skeleton in head_000 model. You should import this model first, then create a dummy named ".global" and move ".skel" from "head_000" branch into ".global" branch; then import all other Ped components. If other ped components are already loaded (from the same .ydd), then make sure to bind them with .skel in .global branch.

alternatively (not sure whether this will work or not) bind all .mesh objects with .skel object located in head_000 with no creationof .global, nor moving .skel. If i'm not mistaken, this method will work too on export.
jr59

Post by jr59 »

Oleg wrote:there is no emissive "color" in shader configuration, it mutiplies the color of texture itself. If your texture is blue, then per-vertex A is probably set too high (try values of 2, 3.. may be 5, not more).

concerning the streamed peds, they are usually equipped with skeleton in head_000 model. You should import this model first, then create a dummy named ".global" and move ".skel" from "head_000" branch into ".global" branch; then import all other Ped components. If other ped components are already loaded (from the same .ydd), then make sure to bind them with .skel in .global branch.

alternatively (not sure whether this will work or not) bind all .mesh objects with .skel object located in head_000 with no creationof .global, nor moving .skel. If i'm not mistaken, this method will work too on export.
thank you mate
MAESTRE3D

Post by MAESTRE3D »

Oleg wrote:For those who curious on ped_emissive shader, it uses per-vertex blue channel as emissive/HDR multiplication factor. With zero blue (default on most of ped components), ped_emissive will produce low color emission with absolutely no post-effect (even on full-strength of emissive value in ZModeler or high value set in emissiveMultiplier user-defined property). To make a stronger effect, paint per-vertex blue channel color.

gta_ped_emissive_shader.jpg
The "ped_emissive" shader it's on a new zmodeler update? I just see decal_emissive shader on generic.
Intel i7 6700k
16GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980