Spawning Car Causes Crash (Corrupt Game Files)

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Spawning Car Causes Crash (Corrupt Game Files)

Postby Zievs » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:19 am

When i try to spawn my car, there is a window saying "Error: Corrupt game files", and then i can close that and play 2 seconds then game crashes. All my other cars that i export the same way works fine, even if they are not finished... This particular car is almost finished and still crashes... I sent it to my friend to fix new wheels and got it back and used it and worked fine. Then the day after i sent it to him for doing the camber and when i got it back i cant use it after export because it crashes!!

Help :(
Attachments
1.jpg
The car im in love with and want to finish <3
Zievs

Re: Spawning Car Causes Crash (Corrupt Game Files)

Postby Oleg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:23 am

set higher "Base" value on a model root dummy node.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Zievs » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:34 am

Oleg wrote:set higher "Base" value on a model root dummy node.

Where do i change that? Do i isolate for example warrener_hi and change some value there?
Zievs

Postby Oleg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:48 am

yes, on this node. properties -> user defined options -> add property named "Base" and set a value onto it. start from 100 and make export/test/reduce loop to get the smallest value that still keep the game non crashing on your mod;

keep the exported file; then do the same on warrener.yft export, starting Base from, say, 50 and lowering it too.

The "Base" value somehow relates to memory allocation for the model, so high values should not be used. I don't know how to evaluate a suitable value for the game, so I let the user control this value. leaving high value might cause heavy memory consumption by your mod in game.

P.S. the latest filter build #156 is a must.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Zievs » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:26 am

Oleg wrote:yes, on this node. properties -> user defined options -> add property named "Base" and set a value onto it. start from 100 and make export/test/reduce loop to get the smallest value that still keep the game non crashing on your mod;

keep the exported file; then do the same on warrener.yft export, starting Base from, say, 50 and lowering it too.

The "Base" value somehow relates to memory allocation for the model, so high values should not be used. I don't know how to evaluate a suitable value for the game, so I let the user control this value. leaving high value might cause heavy memory consumption by your mod in game.

Thanks that worked fine! :)
Zievs

Postby Oleg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:34 am

Just for statistic, what is your _hi.yft file size and what is the lowest Base value hove you got working in game on this model?
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Zievs » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:36 am

Oleg wrote:Just for statistic, what is your _hi.yft file size and what is the lowest Base value hove you got working in game on this model?

I got it lowered to 20 for now but i havent tested it lower. Right now my friend is working a bit on it so i can try to lower it when i get it back and see. Also, right now the file size on the _hi.yft is 3.572 mb :) But can come with update when i finished :)
Zievs

Postby Oleg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:46 am

original vehicles are usually in range 16-24 and the biggest I've seen is on cargoplane_hi.yft model, something like 35, I don't remember exactly.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby _cp_ » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:48 pm

No matter what I do, bikes are crashing the game, even with Base parameter. Here are the models, replace it by any bike, e.g. Franklin's Bagger.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/868 ... PORTED.rar
_cp_
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:03 pm

specify me the name of the bike to spawn in trainer and a proper location of associated files in update.rpf (in patch or where the model should be replaced), i'll try to test bikes too.

i have low game progress and a lot of models do not spawn to me at all for some reason.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby _cp_ » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:46 pm

Path to replace:
x64e.rpf\levels\gta5\vehicles.rpf\bagger_hi.yft
x64e.rpf\levels\gta5\vehicles.rpf\bagger.yft
x64e.rpf\levels\gta5\vehicles.rpf\bagger.ytd
_cp_
Beginner

Postby Rasputin » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:35 am

I also noticed game crashes, but for me it works with properties -> user defined options -> add property named "Base" and set a value onto it. i change it from 14 to 35
Rasputin

Postby Oleg » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:05 am

my current observations are:
ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5 = build-in memory management error, can be fixed by higher Base value;
ERR_EMBEDDEDALLOC_GUARD_x = model setup error (mismatching model setup script and the actual .yft model).

@_cp_, after several hours of testing, I came to conclusion the bikes are a bit specific. The game seems to need some parts on original model even though they look like absolutely meaningless. For example, original bagger model import/export works fine, but as soon as I start removing "misc_*" parts, the game starts to crash. I can remove part and add a dummy instead (placed in any location of hierarchy) and game is Ok about this. So, I guess some parts are needed for some reason.

Once this become clear to me, I was able to run your bike instead of a bagger (don't mind missing textures, original .ytd was used):
bagger01.jpg

...to make this possible I had to recreate all the necessary (original) dummies on your hierarchy:
bagger02.jpg

I guess some parts are not significant, but it takes so much time to start the game to me on each test, so I've added all part names from bagger.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby _cp_ » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:56 am

Maybe it was related to tuning parts, misc_a... to f are replaced by new ones in tuning shop. But I'll add these empty dummies to match hierarchy.
_cp_
Beginner

Postby enter » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:18 pm

just i need to ask if i put the Base value so much high what will happens?

and where i can find all options about (User-Defined Options)? and what they do exactly.
enter

Postby hndsyrn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:57 am

Oleg wrote:Just for statistic, what is your _hi.yft file size and what is the lowest Base value hove you got working in game on this model?

my car, las Base value: 30, yft file size: 7,4mb. works fine.

then I did some edits (edited dials placement, added paint:4 to rims, etc), file size: 7,5mb, highest Base value: 50, still crash
hndsyrn

Postby Oleg » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:41 am

make sure to specify what game error is reported when it crashes. ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_x or ERR_EMBEDDEDALLOC_GUARD_x, as they have different causes.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby SpulX » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:46 am

I am getting crashes aswell when trying to spawn my car i get ERR_STR_FAILURE_3 Game error.Please reboot and restart game. Tried on _hi and normal even chassis dummy nothing it looks like it doesnt effect anything at all.
SpulX

Postby TomcattersVF31 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:06 am

Oleg wrote:yes, on this node. properties -> user defined options -> add property named "Base" and set a value onto it. start from 100 and make export/test/reduce loop to get the smallest value that still keep the game non crashing on your mod;

Just wanted to step in and say thank you. Had two mods where this solved the problem. Spent hours trying to fix it and this did it, so kudos to you.
TomcattersVF31

Postby gaga » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi Guys i have the same Problem. I have create a Car export it from Max as obj and import it to zmod. After this i set all Gta5 Materials. I Import a original Gta5 Car and atach my parts to the original Carparts and delete on Polymode the original Car Polys. i can Export the Car without Errors and new Import on zmod too. When i import with OpenIV i can see the Car corect on Viewer and the Textures are ok too. But when i spawn the Car ingame i have different Errors. ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5 or Gamefiles defect please install new or ERR_STR_FAILURE_3. I have make anthe Car new with any Parts as Misc_ Parts but the same. Now i have Test it with this here but nothing. Ever the same Problem that Car not work. I downt know what i can do that its work. I now thinking the Car is a Curse. :cry:
gaga

Postby Oleg » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:10 pm

what is the size of your exported YFT file?
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby gaga » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Different Size. The first export are 15,3Mb. Every next export is a litle bit smaller or biger. Most is the Different 500kb-1Mb. A Friend have test the Car too and Errors too. I have before make the same Ways with a other Car what i have Export from Max as obj and this Car work. I have no 3 different Ways tested to convert the car. With ataching on a original Car, with only moving the Parts to the Lods, with ataching on a working converted Car but ever the same Errors. Iam frustrated
gaga

Postby Oleg » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:56 am

have you changed "Base" value in user-defined options? when your geometry size increase, you have to raise the Base value(s) too.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, problems start to occur at ~13Mb .yft file.

Ensure you used "Optimize vertices" option when imported model from 3dsmax. This option is available in OBJ import and DAE import.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby gaga » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:20 am

Yes i have select the Basedummy (police.yft) go to user define and have set the original Value to 100. The same Value i have set on the Dummy in Polymodus (add Base and set value to 100) and Apply. But when i will spawn the Car the Game crash. I have optimize all on max.
gaga

Postby Oleg » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:25 am

the geometry of your model is probably still too high to run in gta. Also, is your L1 models are copies of L0 models? Can you post a screenshot (may be just a fragment: wing, bonnet and front bumper corner) from perspective view of ZModeler?
Oleg
Site Admin

Next

Return to Grand Theft Auto V