Spawning Car Causes Crash (Corrupt Game Files)

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Re: Spawning Car Causes Crash (Corrupt Game Files)

Postby gaga » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:36 am

Ok. But i have see Cars from Forza or Asetto or ETS2 they are bigger with the Polycount and this work.
Here the Pics. The Car have all the same Parts how the original Car.

Image Image Image Image
gaga

Postby Oleg » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:39 am

I want to see Perspective view, not 3D. The one with wireframe.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby gaga » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:02 am

Sry. Ok here with Perspective. I have test the Car without ony Parts (delete or unlink from the Hirarchy) but the same Problems.

Image Image Image
gaga

Postby Oleg » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:45 am

ok, the mesh seems to be fine.
I can suggest to create a dozen of boxes, assign your vehicle_paint material on all boxes and then send your boxes into compound elements to replace chassis, bodyshell, doors, bonnet, trunk and bumpers. then delete original parts that will get extracted from compounds. Thus, you will retain your hierarchy and replace geometry with the very simple one. Then make a test export. Your model file should drop in size significantly (to something like 1-2Mb). If the game runs this model file, then geometry is the cause. If you still get the game crashing, then your hierarchy is probably the cause.

note, this have to be done on L0 and L1 models, so your model_hi.yft and model.yft contains Boxes instead of parts and both files get drop in size on this test run.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby gaga » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:54 am

Ok i will test it and tell you to work it or not. when it not work how i find the corect positions oft the parts on Hierarchy that the Car work?
gaga

Postby Oleg » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:23 am

positions of objects in hierarchy is not significant. availability (missing or misspelled) of original model parts is important. Availability of COL objects on parts that had these COLs in original model is important too.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby gaga » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:32 am

The modelparts are all the same how the original. But not the all are the same Type. zB the Wings are not Wings on my Model. On my the wings are the Lightbar. The COL are all original. I have this only edit on Vertexmode
gaga

Postby gaga » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:19 am

The Car dont work with your Idea of Boxes. I have testet now with the highest Value of the Dummy and it work. But i dont understand why i must go on polymodus and add "Base" and set to 100 and after this when only the Dummy is selected, i must on Useroption too and set the original base (27, 50) to 100 , 50 that the Car work. When i set a lower zB.80 is it not working.
gaga

Postby hachi » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:22 pm

I have a similar problem, but I am trying to convert a bicycle. I do not get an error message the game crashes, just 'Grand Theft Auto V has stopped working." I am replacing the Fixter. I have the original hierarchy except the headlight which I deleted because the new bike doesn't have a headlight. I've only made a few small adjustments to some of the dummy positions, although I did delete the L1 and L2 wheel mesh dummies from the hierarchy thinking that might help. I increased the base value and it still crashed. The model is 40k polygons and the .yft is 949 KB. It opens in OpenIV. I get error messages that I've never seen before when I export as well.

hierarchy

error messages

model

I can share the .z3d if requested.

EDIT: it still crashes if I add headlight_l and mesh from the original back into the hierarchy.

EDIT 2: I reconverted it. It still crashes, however this time the bike appears on my screen and the game freezes. This time I get an error message.

ERR_EMBEDDEDALLOC_GUARD_x = model setup error (mismatching model setup script and the actual .yft model).
hachi

Postby Oleg » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:08 am

"unknown object name" could be the problem for the game, but not a cause for "mem_embeddedaloc_guard". You should import original game bicycle model, then restart ZModeler and export your model. there should be no "unknown object name" warnings on original object names.

Concerning the "embeddedaloc_guard" - have you tried a fix with "base" values? have you re-imported your model back into zmodeler to verify whether base values are saved properly?
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby hachi » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:13 am

On the reconverted one I have the base values set to (50, 10) but I didn't try any other values. Also with the reconverted one I don't get those error messages on export.
hachi

Postby Zack100 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 am

Zievs wrote:
Oleg wrote:yes, on this node. properties -> user defined options -> add property named "Base" and set a value onto it. start from 100 and make export/test/reduce loop to get the smallest value that still keep the game non crashing on your mod;

keep the exported file; then do the same on warrener.yft export, starting Base from, say, 50 and lowering it too.

The "Base" value somehow relates to memory allocation for the model, so high values should not be used. I don't know how to evaluate a suitable value for the game, so I let the user control this value. leaving high value might cause heavy memory consumption by your mod in game.

P.S. the latest filter build #156 is a must.

Thanks that worked fine! :)

If my vehicle is over 300000 polies what should I have my base value set too.
Zack100

Postby Oleg » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:59 am

what is your exported .yft file size? try exporting with no embedded textures.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Zack100 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Oleg wrote:what is your exported .yft file size? try exporting with no embedded textures.
I think around 23Mb
Zack100

Postby Oleg » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:16 pm

i doubt it will start in game.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Zack100 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Oleg wrote:i doubt it will start in game.
So this is a new thing
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Zack100

Postby breno269 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:52 am

How to Fix??
Attachments
Sem título.png
breno269

Previous

Return to Grand Theft Auto V