[Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
donfelipe

Re: [Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

Post by donfelipe »

I have a issue with the wheel as you can say, never had this issue.. What can I do?
Attachments
problem.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

wheel geometry is messed relative to its axes, or vice verse. use display\local axes set of tools to fix this. first, reset axes orientation to world, then center them to object, then move/align wheel so it is positioned properly.

Also, you should not see a wheel in openIV when exported properly in ZModeler. you should not see any collision in openIV at all.
ASlap

Post by ASlap »

Good Evening Guys,
This is my first conversion and it wasn't easy at all ^^ But thanks to madga182 i could at least put it ingame.
I just tried to put my Caterham into Gta5 and got some issues:
- The Bonnet is mounted the wrong way ingame but not in OpenIV or Zmodeler!
- The Car Falls through the map when i get into the car!
- Most of time the game just crashes by spawning!

Hope you can Help.
Here's my Hierarchy:
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

This is all down to the axis position and rotation of parts , select the bonnet and check its properties and see which axis it rotate on, I shall be doing a video part 5 that covers this soon for people struggling
ASlap

Post by ASlap »

The Falling through map has also to do with axis position? Seems unlikely.

Here the properties of the bonnet:
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

Trust me i have made many cars and yes axis position will help it falling through the map, my final part of the basic tutorial stage is uploading now so you will see what i mean, also check my post i just made on main page with all the values for your bonnets and collisions
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

PART 5 OF THE TUTORIAL NOW UP GUYS , ENJOY
ASlap

Post by ASlap »

Hello again,
I followed your tutorial and I actually got my Caterham to work ingame, no crashes and no falling through the map, even the bonnet is on the right place!
I Love you Man!! No Homo ^^

Just one little issue! The car has some Epileptic attaks ^^ You maybe know from what this can come from??
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

incorrect E values on COL objects.
ASlap

Post by ASlap »

Well Guys, i just finished the car and its amazing, thanks to you. It is actually pending approval on GTA5-Mods, would love to see what you think about it.
I know there is still alot work to do, and i will enhance it with the time.
Once again a big thanks to you!!
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

Will check it out , glad we could help you
imradlol

Post by imradlol »

i followed your tutorial(all 5), but after adding collisions my vehicle spawns with no wheels and just slides around, and theres no collisions

it did this after i started adding collisions. im trying to add the contender in
trigger_hdz

Post by trigger_hdz »

For some reason on the first tutorial when you export GTA 4 model as zmod format and import it into zmodeler3 all the textures become bugged so like the engine mapping parts are on the bodyshell as well is they a way to fix this rather polygon clicking it all.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

a series of screenshots?
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

Hello,
i watched the whole 5 videos guys and believe it or not i swear i have bin working on a car for the last 1 week and i still don;t know what to do ... when it comes to the dummy helper like the video to by madgaz the thing is the dummy helper don't stick to the compound ( like i want to mark the hood of the car, 1: create a new dummy helper and name it hood 2: more the dummy helper 3: move hood l0 and l1 and l2 to the dummy helper 4: copy local axes BUT the dummy helper is not moving to the hood .. the dummy helper is still there where it was in the center of axes and im not able to move it to the hood.
if anyone can help me please do i feel so bad about it that i can;t make it happen :(
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Display\Local Axes group has an options flyout. ensure these tools has an option "Both" or "Position" toggled, so position is assigned/copied by these tools.

also, click and drag out of axes center an axis helper "X" cross. it has the highest priority on clicking, so when you "click" on a dummy, you are probably clicking on a pivot helper, so nothing actually happens.
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

Hello again,
thank you so much Oleg for your short reply and making this place an awesome place to learn :) MUCH RESPECT
so i deleted everything and started from the ripped model i uploaded the screenshots here http://tinypic.com/4dumat8j
should i attach everything in lods ( like in LOD0 attach everything LOD2 attach everything ? like this Image what should i do ?
thanks.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should attach fragments one to another, so they make a parts like in gta. attach everything that is "door" to be a single door object, everything that is a bonnet should be a bonnet object. In some cases you will need to split objects even more. For example, if the inner-side of the door is a part of "interior" object, you should detach it from interior to be able to attach it to the door.

You should end up having exactly the same hierarchy layout as an original gta5 vehicle. In most of cases, you should have exactly the same set of objects named the same way and retaining the same parent/child relations. For example, the side mirror should not be a child of the door, it have to be a part of the door model; the door glass in contrast should not be the part of the door object, it should be a separate child object of respective door.

you can start a second instance of ZModeler from a different folder, if you need two ZModeler copies to run at the same time. Thus you can have an original model loaded in one window as a reference material, and make changes in your scene in a second ZModeler window.

Edit: your car looks faceted. apply Modify\Submesh\Weld tool with "multiple targets" option toggled to get a smooth shape.
donfelipe

Post by donfelipe »

I have a question?.. What should I do to make the wheels work in GTA V? :)
Attachments
ff.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

watch the videos first. especially cause you are posting in a topic of video guides.
Oskar

Post by Oskar »

Got a problem regarding textures and materials. So I got a texture which I wanna put as a material on my object. I did it like in the video.
-> Opened the texture browser
-> Added my texture (.png file)
----> Doesn't appear as a material in the material browser like in the video (Although appears under textures).
What am I doing wrong ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

materials are created and configured in materials browser. they can be assigned onto objects and polygons. each material can be configured to utilize several textures including main texture, secondary layer, mask (dirt/scratch/damage/snow/burn etc.), bump-map, specularity map, reflection map and so on. Textures browser is a set of textures loaded, you can add/remove/replace textures there. Loading a texture in textures browser does not make any specific changes in materials or in scene.

The video shows a specific case, when ZModeler2 .z3d file was loaded and materials have been loaded with no textures configured on them. Converting these materials into "shader materials" makes them to become "ready to use" and pre-configured (loader makes some preparations on loading old .z3d files, as later "conversion" is expected). However, materials are still not look good, as textures are missing. When you load texture images, each "missing" texture get a correct texture instead (where matched) and is moved onto materials that have been waiting for each particular texture map.

When you load your own texture, it is just loaded into texture browser. No materials have been waiting for it, so nothing happens in a scope of materials.
Oskar

Post by Oskar »

Oh, okay. Is there any tutorial which explains how to create a material from a texture ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the conceptual thing behind "what are materials and what are textures" is common in 3d graphics, you can search for associated articles to get a proper point of view onto this concept. then your question will be more specific, I suppose, like "how do I configure a matte material and assign it onto an object, after making a texture image out of real photo?"
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

Dear Oleg,

As I Post Before 4 Post Above About The Model I Imported In Zmodeler3 The Dummy Nods Just Won't Stick On The Compounds .. I Remove The 3d Model And Replaced With One Unlock Model From gtainside The Nods Stick Correctly On The Compound, Now The Model Was From Need For Speed No Limits ( Phone ) Can You Please Confirm That Those Models Fron NFS Are Usable ? ( Like Can I Mod Them Into GTA V ) ?