[Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
SeriousKnowledge

Re: [Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

Post by SeriousKnowledge »

Well I got that sorted out, but I've got a new problem: I realized that i never took the brackets off of wheelmesh_lf. So I tried to remove it from the compound and rename it, but wheelmesh_lf is not there. Can i create a new one, or is there a way I can get it back?
Attachments
The glass is completely messed up.
The glass is completely messed up.
2015-09-19_00003.jpg
And right now this is the wheel placement. They spin around the vehicle like crazy when I drive around.
And right now this is the wheel placement. They spin around the vehicle like crazy when I drive around.
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

About the glass, just use a clearglass pictur as texture, anyone without the defrosterstripe. this is gta original glass it looks like and it dont fit the car properly.

If you have a saved early z3d file of the car, open that and just take wheel_lf from there. When i model, i use to make atleast 3 saves of the model in different stages, so if i mess up i can go and use from them.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@ SeriousKnowledge, I see your chassis L0 is aligned with chassis dummy. but you need chassis L1 and L2 to be aligned too. Your bumper_f_L0 and L1 should be aligned with dummy bumper_f and so on.

Your wheel setup should retain GTA5 setup, not the well-known GTA4 setup. you don't need "wheelmesh" stuff anymore. you need your [wheel_lf] to be in braces and contain high-detailed mesh as L0 component inside and low-detail wheel model as L1 inside. technically, you can leave [wheel_lf] and the only it's child wheel_lf [COL]. anything else could be deleted.

note, you have to replace both model.yft and model_hi.yft on export. preferable, export them from the same scene (if you have multiple lods like L0, L1, give a name of top root item as model_hi and export the same scene into model_hi and model.yft files. Just set "LODs" mode to "Autodetect", ZModeler will do the rest properly -> L0 will go to model_hi.yft file and L1 will go to model.yft file).
SeriousKnowledge

Thanks for the help, guys. I found the actual glass template for the vehicle, and that works much better. And i just went with 19Legan81's idea of reverting to an earlier save to fix the alignment issues. One last question: is there a good tutorial on UV mapping anywhere?
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

http://youtu.be/FFLjsCMofuk
This template tutorial helped me, hope it will help you =)
SeriousKnowledge

Alright, I lied earlier. In the videos Madgaz said he prefers to make his own collisions. Is that as simple as making the wheel collisions?
SeriousKnowledge

So create some polygons, group them together, then name it "partname" [COL] ? I am genuinely confused and not really sure why.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

wheel collisions should be "dummy helpers" with shape "Cylinder".

you can create your own collisions the way you like. it could be made out of a primitive, just make sure to [modify\Weld] weld vertices, so they all are jointed together. For example, when you create a box primitive, all vertices are disjoint (you can move a vertex at the corner and only one of three vertices at this corner will move). using Select + Weld (hotkey 'W') can weld vertices and such a box can then be used as collision. You can use Modify\Quick Slice tool to slice box here and there and then re-shape the collision you need.

Also, you can toggle "Outline" viewport mode, so you can clearly see a sharp lines of outline on vertices that are not welded with neighbors.
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

This one thing that has stumped me making collisions I am clueless to making shapes in this program just now , any chance of a quick video tut Oleg on shape creations ??
SeriousKnowledge

I would also like to see that tutorial. For now I think I'm going to use dummy helpers to make the collisions and see how that goes.
SeriousKnowledge

Am I trying too hard here, or is something just set up wrong? The collision on the bumper works when my character walks into it or I hit another vehicle, but it doesn't show bullet holes, and passes right through scenery.
bumper col.PNG
Attachments
Properties.PNG
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

This is all down to a dummy collision you need set up on the car it's basically just a big box that covers the car but it's a dummy , load a mode from gta5 and you will see what I mean , also you need a lowlod collision aswell

The bullet holes Oleg posted a tutorial on this , it's down to the flag options for the collision parts that make it show holes
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

a bit too detailed COL at first. Second, you should assign IDs onto polygons on your COL, but not onto the COL object itself.

COL should be quite simple, it is used to detect impact with other objects and to find out whether the bullet hits an object. the simplier the COL is, the better in-game performance will be. Once impact is detected or bullet hit is detected, the game will verify L1 model to find an exact and more accurate point of impact or bullet hit. So, you don't need a shapy and smooth COL object, the game will still use L1 for accurate placement of bullet-shells.
SeriousKnowledge

GOT IT! YES! Would anyone here happen to know anything about adding extras and setting up emergency lights?

EDIT: Duh. I can just look at a model that already exists.
GTR_96

Post by GTR_96 »

is there any tutorial how to make moving analog speedo or digital speedo ?
Dark Paradise

Post by Dark Paradise »

Sorry for this isnt related to the topic but where I can find car models with high quality?
donfelipe

Post by donfelipe »

HELP!

Is there a way to convert from GTASA to GTAV without converting SA to IV first?! :shock:
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

theres is a way but its a lot harder, its basically just arranging of the hierarchy the correct way, and recreating all the collsions again
trigger_hdz

Post by trigger_hdz »

for SA models open it up with autodesk and then save it as 3ds format or old z3d format and then you can import it to Zmodeler3
Ikey07

Post by Ikey07 »

Is there any topic about User-Defined options, like what that Flags A, or AE does and what values should I put and where, like in that video (Oleg's) you set some 166 or something, what it does and how to know those values.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

116 is "metal panel" with bullet holes and metall sparks when bullet ricochets. 120 is glass, 121 is more durable glass and 122 is the most durable glass. some other values are also used and generally provide different "sound and visual fx reaction", like steam emission or water spashes etc. I don't have a list of these.

Flags are generally unknown and should resamble their usage on original vehicles. AE on chassis and front-left wheel; A on all other wheels; E on openable elements. Plane rotors have some other flags too, but I haven't tested them as I can't spawn a plane in my save game.
Ikey07

Post by Ikey07 »

How to reduce envoirment map, a.k.a to make that plastic/rubber/rims isn't shiny

Image Image
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

Experiment with the adapt settings , I would choose interior for the window rubbers
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

in most of cases environment is masked by specular texture's green channel. so, using default vehicle_smallspecmap texture (which is white) will result in full strngth of environment and full strength of specular highlight too (masked by red channel).

put dark-grey texture into SPECMAP slot to reduce enviroment.

Also, an "Output Level" slider on ENVMAP page can reduce overal environment reflectivity of enture material if this suits your needs.