[Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: [Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

Post by Oleg »

I can't remind OpenIV showing me any "Collision" (and wheels) on zmodeler-exported files.
jacksonsub

Post by jacksonsub »

default Adder. Same goes with all correctly exported cars. Of course collision should be invisible.
Attachments
22132212.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

is this a zmodeler-exported adder model? when I was testing buffalo2, I had never seen it with the wheel in openiv. or may be I haven't used embedded model viewer too much...
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Oleg wrote:unpack textures from vehicle common/shared texture packs. import original vehicle and take a look on material's texture assignment. These are default and preferred textures to be used on your converted models. Of cause you can use your own textures in DETAIL , BUMPMAP and SPECMAP slots, but original are quite preferable. This subject is covered in video-tutorial (part 2), I suggest to watch the video first, especially when we discussing this in "[Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos" topic.
What is the meaning if my car vibrates ingame? An high wheel collision? curently it is 0,22 0,32 0,32.

And what do I have to do with the Default Material? It doesn't export before I set something to Default Material.

EDIT: Can someone tell me how to do those dashboard and interior lights? They are on several cars like BMW, Mercedes-Benz & Audi
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

I wanted to replace the new car I'm currently working on with Penumbra. But if I spawn it in the game, the car is shaking and disappears on the underground. Same happens with Prairie. I thought, you can replace any car you want with Zmodeler3? Why is that not working? :O
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

looks like a problem with COL objects. use COL objects from original game model at first, they will work fine in most of cases. you can reshape them by moving vertices to fit your needs.

concerning the shaking vehicle, it could be cause by object's "chassis" local axes - these have to be at 0,0,0 point.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Oleg wrote:looks like a problem with COL objects. use COL objects from original game model at first, they will work fine in most of cases. you can reshape them by moving vertices to fit your needs.

concerning the shaking vehicle, it could be cause by object's "chassis" local axes - these have to be at 0,0,0 point.
So where can I change the local axes of the chassis?

EDIT: BTW, can you tell me, how I can add neons to my cars? I saw, that I released cars without neons. Do I have to merge them from original GTA V cars?
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

I'm getting problems over problems. How come's that if I export my already finished vehicle, does not show any wheels nor working door collisions ingame? I'm dealing with this problem since three hours! I did everything well and then wanted to add dials and steeringwheel and after this the vehicle didn't showed up with wheels... I've seen it, when it was exporting. The Kilobyte has been lowered even if it should be bigger (modified, more collisions etc.) it didn't happen. It even made memory error ingame.

Started from the scratch, still same problem... It makes me furious. Why must it be that complicated?
MCWRX

Post by MCWRX »

If you'd watched the tutorials it wouldn't be that complicated.

1. To reset local axes, isolate the chassis or whatever you need, access the Display tab, enable Reset to World and click on the chassis, you will see that the axle of chassis will reset to origin point.
2. To put neons, import a original V car which uses neons and take a look how they are done, it is not complicated. Just create 4 dummies and rename them correspondigly, as they are named in original cars. I am on the phone right now so can't tell you surely. After this move each dummy to the position you need, one in front, one to the back, one right side and one left side.

Good luck.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

MCWRX wrote:If you'd watched the tutorials it wouldn't be that complicated.

1. To reset local axes, isolate the chassis or whatever you need, access the Display tab, enable Reset to World and click on the chassis, you will see that the axle of chassis will reset to origin point.
2. To put neons, import a original V car which uses neons and take a look how they are done, it is not complicated. Just create 4 dummies and rename them correspondigly, as they are named in original cars. I am on the phone right now so can't tell you surely. After this move each dummy to the position you need, one in front, one to the back, one right side and one left side.

Good luck.
Ok thanks for this but can you tell me or someone else, why comes water out of the glass parts of the car, when I am shooting at it? :O

And how can I set lights corona exactly?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1. set correct per-polygon IDs on COL objects. glass should have 120,121,122 and 123 (low durable to high durable).
2. this is edited in vehicle.meta file, but most of game vehicles are equipped with encrypted, non-editable meta file. only DLC vehicles come with text editable meta files.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Oleg wrote:1. set correct per-polygon IDs on COL objects. glass should have 120,121,122 and 123 (low durable to high durable).
2. this is edited in vehicle.meta file, but most of game vehicles are equipped with encrypted, non-editable meta file. only DLC vehicles come with text editable meta files.
Where do I set them?
MCWRX

Post by MCWRX »

Turkish20 wrote:
Oleg wrote:1. set correct per-polygon IDs on COL objects. glass should have 120,121,122 and 123 (low durable to high durable).
Where do I set them?
toggle on just the COLs of windscreens and windows. Select them all > Switch to Polygons view > Select All > on right side in Properties tab > General > External State > set ID = 120, Flags 3, 8.

Then, select just the front windscreen, set ID = 122, Flags 3, 8 remain the same. For the rear windscreen, ID = 122.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

...or watch the video tutorials first. it will take some time, but you will see everything you need there.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Oleg wrote:...or watch the video tutorials first. it will take some time, but you will see everything you need there.
It worked for me thanks. But in this video are parts which I actually don't understand like you did something in the beginning with the chassis or colours. I watched this video too, when I was converting for the first time, but I may have not paid enough attention.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

turn on subtitles during watching those videos, it's all explained there.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Oleg wrote:turn on subtitles during watching those videos, it's all explained there.
I know. It was actually how I watched it. On Youtube
austinholden12

Post by austinholden12 »

is there a video on how to convert gta iv lightbars to gta v?
MrLifePak

Post by MrLifePak »

I've just followed this videos from Part 1. I've gone to spawn my vehicle and I get a "Currupt Game Data" Error and then the game crashes. Any idea what could be causing this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

a bunch of possible reasons. read the associated guide thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8429
Bulldog Designs

Post by Bulldog Designs »

Hey guys wondering if i could get some help i followed Madgaz's videos to convert a vehicle over, and i can spawn the vehicle in game, BUT when i go to enter the vehicle it acts like a solid object and wont let me enter and drive the car and also the wheels are invisible, the collisions work because i can shoot where a tire would normally be and it burts and you see the car drop but there is no physical tyre or rim there wondering if theres a way to fix this?

~Kind Regards Bulldog Designs
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1. missing or improperly named driver seat dummy/locator;
2. wheels require you to use "vehicle_tire" adaptation on material; all other shaders are not supported on wheels; front-left wheel should be named as [wheel_lf] and should contain dummy nodes wheelmesh_lf and wheelmesh_lf_l1 in it; wheel's collision should be a cylinder and be a child of [wheel_lf] object.
Bulldog Designs

Post by Bulldog Designs »

what should i name the drivers seat dummy? and does it stand alone as a dummy l0 or is it a sub folder of another part?

~Kind Regards Bulldog Designs
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it's just a dummy node placed at driver seat position; I don't remember an exact object name, take a look in original gta5 vehicle.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

@Oleg
Small suggestion for your conversion video. lights(vehglass) should be converted to vehicle_vehglass_inner instead of vehicle_vehglass. Oh, and please, rearrange materials in vehicle_generic tab in alphabetical order.