[Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: [Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

Post by Oleg »

unfortunately, I don't know anything on those NFS models. In general, any model can be used to mod gta5, it's just a question of the extra work you will need to do in order to get everything set and ready for export to GTA5. The video guide uses GTA4 models as these require the very minimum of setup and preparation work. Any other model will certainly take more time and effort.
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

Sir Please Give Me 1 MInute Of Your Time And Let Me Explain .. :S

http://i63.tinypic.com/sbsylc.jpg Picture 1

http://i67.tinypic.com/2edtfg5.jpg Picture 2

http://tinypic.com/3ia4ikcx Picture 3 ( Complete Model )

The Dummy Nod Is Not Sticking On The Model, Instead It Appears In The Center Not On The Object.
Last edited by NewEra on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

I Checked What You Told Me Last Time .. About Local Axes :

1: Checked Keep Object
2: Both
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1. create dummy.
2. use local axes->copy: from truck to dummy
3. pick dummy in hierarchy and press "Convert to compound".
4. press "lock" icon next to dummy's name on structure panel.
5. press "L0" on structure panel
6. drag&drop truck object into a list on structure panel to assign model as L0 onto compound.
7. [opt] use L1, L2 buttons to assign models for L1, L2 if you have them;
8. turn off "lock" icon.

you can press L0, L1 now and see dummy box changing to geometry for associated level of detail.

on your image you put an object in hierarchy into a dummy box, this is not needed and generally should not be done this way.
you can press L0 on/off
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN WITH BUT THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH <3 ( Sorry ) :D
Well Everything Worked JUST FINE THANKS TO YOU. I Finish The Model But I Have 3 Things To Say:

1: The Model Doesn't Have Any Rims Or Tires As Compound, But I Left It Like That I Just Want To See The Car If It Works.

2: Is There Any Way I Can Add Rims Like Import To The Model, Cause I Tried Importing A Rims Into The Model, It Didn't Work Out.

3: When I Exported The Banshee.wft The Size Is 0kb :/ There's Nothing There, I Still Have The FIle .z3d When I Open It I See My Model, But In OPENIV I Try To Take A Look, But It's 0kb It's Empty.
saidylmz

Post by saidylmz »

"How to convert Gta SA cars To Gta V zmodeler 3 tutorial" video. [This Part1] by saidylmz
Video language Turkish but If you watch carefully, problems will not.

zlcsCxa9qEA

I add subtitles soon for important places
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1. wheels should be made as compounds. wheel mesh is assigned as L0, L1 onto an object named [wheel_lf]. this object must have a wheel_lf [COL] inside it in hierarchy. Other three wheels are just dummies like wheel_rf and a collision wheel_rf [COL] inside;

Wheel mesh can use material with "vehicle_tire" adaptation. other materials will not show up in game.

2. you can import a model into a scene, no problem. just make sure you assemble your scene correctly, so a proper scene fragment is exported.

3. you need to export into a proper file name relative to a root object name in your scene. E.g. if you have banshee_hi object on top of your hierarchy, you can export into banshee_hi.yft or banshee.yft. Incorrect name on hierarchy or "mismatching" file name will give empty export result. Also, make sure to read "Messaging bar" error log - there could be errors logged. If you've got any, the export fails and empty file is created.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@saidylmz, I've moved your post into a top of this topic.
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

Hello again,
I don't know what i can do for you beside saying im extremely grateful for your help And Baring With Mem If Anything i Can Do For You Please Tell Me :)

About The Model Image That's the model and that's the hierarchy :/ please don't insult me lol, i know i have a bad ass hierarchy but can i get a car running up ?
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

And Also When I Import A New Model I Get This Error Message In The Bar ..
http://i67.tinypic.com/dwg7s.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

these warnings or Ok when opening .z3d file created by ZModeler2.
The hierarchy is not ok to my opinion. chassis should be the only child of banshee_hi, and everything should be inside a chassis. The good choice is to start another copy of ZModeler (copy + start it from a different folder), load original gta5 model and take a look at the hierarchy. Your model should generally retain the same. Some parts might be missing, but the overal layout should be exactly as an original model have.

Also, the geometry seems to be all chopped to triangles. I see your perspective view has an "Outline" mode toggled on, while model is shown like made of separate triangles. I can suggest you to select all vertices (switch to vertices level, Shift+A to select all) pick Modify\Submesh\Weld tool, expand its options, toggle "multiple targets" mode and click on any of selected vertices. In flyout window set "Distance" to 0.000 and press Ok. You will see the changes that I'm talking about. then do the same on another objects (or do this on all objects at once by selecting them all, switching them all to verts level, selecting all verts and using tool again).

In particular the method above is essential when loading DAE files created by 3dsMax.
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

http://i66.tinypic.com/23rqonc.jpg [PIC1]

http://i66.tinypic.com/eg4kk7.jpg [PIC2]

Hello Sir, I Deleted The Last Model And Started A New One, I Managed To Create A Wheelmesh And Everything Like You Told Me To But Never Knew How To Use The Weld Tool ...
I Still Have The Same Error Like Before.. When I Export The Model .wft It's 0kb. I Really Don't Know What's Wrong Is It Me Or The Model :(((((((((((.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you have a "banshee.wft" name in top of your hierarchy. it should be "banshee" or "banshee_hi" to be exported into gta5. Note, making a conversion when you are not familiar with gta5 modding and zmodeler is certainly a bad idea. you should start from modding original gta5 content at first, as you will get aware on how the scene should be configured and how everything should look like before it can be exported successfully.

You see a model loaded into ZMod, this is the very first step of dozen of steps needed to convert a model. It might look like you are half a way to get vehicle converted, but it is certainly not. If you watch the video, you'll see the model loaded at 0:08!, while the entire conversion video (part 1) is 13 minutes (or about 30-40 minutes in real). And the second part of video in real is about hour or two...

P.S. when you export, you should specify .yft, not .wft
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

But Sir Zmodeler Won't Let Me Import Any GTA V Cars .. :/ I Tried Before Nothing Happend, No Errors No Nothing But Nothing Happens When I Do .
Now I Tried To Export It As banshee_hi still the size is 0 kb

Sir You Said It's A Bad Idea To Work With GTA V Modding And Zmodeler, Well I Really Like The Idea And THere's Nothing I Can Do About It, Im Trying To Learn How To... But No Luck
I Asked Almost Everyone To Teach Me How To Mod,And That Included Madgaz And Im Ready To Pay Up, I JUST WANNA LEARN HOW TO MOD, But No one Replied... So I Trying Everything I Can To Just Get To Know What To Do And How To Work With The Program... But Still No IDEA.
I Don't Wanna Start Whining About It:D But That\s My Story, And Now I Almost Completed This Car But Still I Didn't Work lmao.
Anyway Man Im Really Thankful For All The Help You Gave Me And For Your Time, But I Wish I Could Do It.
So One Again Thank You BIG TIME For All Your Help xx
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

Hello,
I Came With Some Progress This Time :) My Problem Was With The PC I Was Working On ... Anyway My Build Is Ready And Already Exported To YFT And _hi... But When I Launch GTAV The Game Loads And Before I Get Inside The Game It Crashes.
btw I Didn't Create Any COLS I Have Only Wheels COL Is That The Problem?

Oh, And When I OpenIV And Click On My Mod.. I See The Car With No Problem.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

chassis COL is essential. the model requires collision for chassis and wheels. all other collisions are optional. use COL from original game model for the first time, as these COLs are configured properly and you will have better chance to get a model loaded by the game with no crash.
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

Sir, What Should I Do With These ? [vehiclelights spec] ? how should i assign them ? should i go on generic diff+spec?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

use a configuration button instead. its in top-right corner of materials browser with "gears" on icon. then pick GTA5 -> vehicle -> and pick the desired material type. material will be pre-configured and all you'll need then is to assign correct textures onto texture slots (DETAIL, SPECMAP, BUMPMAP, MASK, etc.)

take a look on configuration of materials after loading original game model. Most of texture slots use standard textures (at least MASK SPECMAP and ENVMAP). You generally deal with DETAIL and BUMPMAP slots only.
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

is there any way i can talk to you via message or inbox ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can post screenshots over here next to your questions. or you can write me to e-mail (specified in About window of ZM). I do not use messenger in my work.
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

im trying to attach interior to interior, everytime i do so it gets bugged

http://i65.tinypic.com/21otao.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2ushgd2.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it looks like you hit a 64K vertices limit on one object. group meshes instead of attaching them. you can use a group as L0 component on compound later.
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

Like this?

http://tinypic.com/m/izm6uw/3

After Grouping, I Have Misc_a with a child.. What Should I Do With It?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

geometry parts should be grouped into object "my group of stuff with any name". and this object is assigned (by drag and drop onto locked compound node's list) as L0 into associated compound component. If this is a "misc_a", then assign the group as L0 onto misc_a.

watch the video on compounds to find out hot to create them and assign objects onto L0/L1 of compounds. In your case you assign group instead of single geometry - this is the only difference.
NewEra

Post by NewEra »

It JUST WON'T WORK!!!
OLEG, Please Help Me Please!!

I Tried The Spawn The Car Ingame :
First Time The Car Didn't Spawn But The Player Looked Like He Was Sitting Inside
Second Time The Car Spawned With No Wheels And Game Crashed.

Last edited by NewEra on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.