Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Dmitriy33

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Dmitriy33 »

@smokey8808,can you show what did you do? i've the same problem
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Enable "Slice to parts" option.
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

Dmitriy33 wrote:@smokey8808,can you show what did you do? i've the same problem
Take a look at how [wheel_lf] is setup on a default car and recreate it accordingly - i set a [wheel_lf] dummy, convert it to compound and add lods1 to 4 to that. I've kept collision and wheelmesh dummys from a default car and just moved it around to fit to my model. While the wheel can't be seen in openiv, it works ingame indeed.
louping0

Post by louping0 »

@Oleg , In propertie , my user definition option is empty , no option rotate door

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-33-1439660582-aa.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@louping0, these properties should be seen/set when L0/L1/L2 buttons are Off. Literally, when you see dummies instead of objects.
In contrast to properties of [COL] objects that have to be set with [COL] button toggled on (when collision object is actually seen).
louping0

Post by louping0 »

Ok , thanks !!
Yard1

Post by Yard1 »

No matter what I do, I can't get the glass parts to break. I followed everything in the guide (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7352) - I have added "Crash' user defined option to all glass parts and I have provided .cwgv files with the required filenames for all the parts. Nothing works. I can get the glass to break if I only replace the _hi model, but then no wheels spawn.

I am trying to edit the Riot (riot.yft). I have not changed anything, except for UV Mapping the whole car, replacing LODs with the UV Mapped material and adding "Crash" option to glass parts.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Yard1, this is under research currently. I'll release an update in several days I hope. or at least a temporary solution will be given again.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

i have problem in select aspects

and i can"t select that in 3d box, 3d box only control camera
how work in 3d box to select that ?
daemon1988

Post by daemon1988 »

Prompt please how it is correct to adjust wheels? three days in game of a wheel stand still not

Deputy_P

Post by Deputy_P »

Hello, I've just began to use zmodeler and I have no prior modding experience except for dragging and dropping in farm sim. I watched a video on YouTube by lukagameplays1 which was very helpful on getting me started on making my own police mod. I have My vehicle in game with just the light bar on top, a spotlight, and red and blue flashers in the headlights. When I spawn the vehicle it looks great with all parts in order and I can drive around just fine. My problem is that when I activate my lights and sirens the lights from the light bar separate from it and flash in the air in the vicinity of the light bar. My second problem is that the red and blue flashers in the headlights don't appear to work until I turn my camera at an angle back towards the front of the truck and I can see them flash lightly as if they were facing and flashing towards the rear of the truck. I don't know if this is the case but If they are backwards is there a way to turn them ? I've been in zmodeler trying to figure it out and I am lost. The spot light works just fine. If there is any way someone could help I would appreciate it.
Thanks, Deputy_P
Attachments
everythings normal
everythings normal
after light bar is activated
after light bar is activated
cant see red/blue lights from front even with headlights off
cant see red/blue lights from front even with headlights off
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

daemon1988 wrote:Prompt please how it is correct to adjust wheels? three days in game of a wheel stand still not

I have a suspicion that attempting to use a "dials" object messes up the car in such a fashion - try to remove that object and see if it works.

Also Oleg do we have any insight on how dials work ?
daemon1988

Post by daemon1988 »

It is interesting to me why even if to move standard wheels a little, they are already incorrectly located in game?
Last edited by daemon1988 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Mister Brooks, tap Ctrl while hovering an element to pick other elements under cursor. Also, in your case Select\Element would go better. Finally, if you find something hardy reachable for selection, go the different way: select stuff that is easy to reach and use Display\Hide ('H' is a hotkey). Hide all unneeded stuff and you can easily select the stuff you need. Then use Display\Show to permanently unhide all hidden elements of an object.

@daemon1988, wheel meshes must be set as L0, L1, L2 on compound node [wheel_lf]. The [wheel_lf] must be written in square braces. When you trun off L0, L1,L2 states, you see a dummies. Select the dummy for [wheel_lf] (or pick it in a hierarchy tree and press "Isolated" button in the bottom of hierarchy view), then switch to "Properties" page, double-click on "User-defined options". Set/add "Flags" property in a window that appears and specify value for this "AE". Press Ok and then Apply on properties page. Then do the same with other (wheel_rf, wheel_rr, wheel_lr) but this time specify "A" property for "Flags".

@Deputy_P, objects are misplaced, and/or the mesh is misplaced relative to its axes. reposition objects as needed and use Display\Local axes\Center to object tool to realign axes.
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

There is something wrong still caused by attempts to use dials, see here:

with compound "dials" in place:

without dials:

no other changes have been made between these two versions except for a dials compound
daemon1988

Post by daemon1988 »

Not absolutely clearly, you can demonstrate in pictures?
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Oleg wrote:@Mister Brooks, tap Ctrl while hovering an element to pick other elements under cursor. Also, in your case Select\Element would go better. Finally, if you find something hardy reachable for selection, go the different way: select stuff that is easy to reach and use Display\Hide ('H' is a hotkey). Hide all unneeded stuff and you can easily select the stuff you need. Then use Display\Show to permanently unhide all hidden elements of an object.
i watch video person control camera in display user like 3d and can select objects, To understand more please watch this video in 1:00 https://youtu.be/2H5LkwgXF6o?t=1m
but me i can't move camera in user like this video
how do that ?
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

In user viewport, hold alt key to move camera with left click
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

smokey8808 wrote:In user viewport, hold alt key to move camera with left click
thanks bro :D
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

i have a big problem :x
when going away the car texture no longer appears

any solution ?
f5544

Post by f5544 »

your l1 l2 l3 levels are not skinned the same as the L0 version
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@smokey8808, does this happen when you remove dials only? have you tride to shuffle hierarchy (e.g. move dials above wheels, or try move wheels above dials) ? I doubt "dials" are kind of special in this case.

Also, send me a .z3d model and tell what model it should replace, so I could reproduce "messed" wheels issue here.

@Mister Brooks, when you move away, the game will use "model.yft". If it uses a texture stored as embedded in model_hi.yft, this will not work properly in game. Technically, your model.yft should use textures stored in model.ytd textures pack, or stored as embedded in model.yft; Your model_hi.yft can use a slightly different textures (higher resolution) and store them as embedded too, it's allowed (or store in model+hi.ytd).

I've noticed that come modes are equipped with textures pack for high-detailed model (model+hi.ytd), but buffalo2 I'm testin does not have such a texture pack. If I replace buffalo2 with another model that has textures in model+hi.yft (replace by renaming of files, and of cause renaming model+hi.ytd into buffalo2+hi.ytd), buffalo2 will not try to read/use textures from buffalo2+hi.ytd. This leads to a guess that availability and usage of these textures pack is configured somewhere else.
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

@smokey8808, does this happen when you remove dials only? have you tride to shuffle hierarchy (e.g. move dials above wheels, or try move wheels above dials) ? I doubt "dials" are kind of special in this case.

Also, send me a .z3d model and tell what model it should replace, so I could reproduce "messed" wheels issue here.
It happens when i place dials = wheels (and some other meshes) messed up.
When i remove dials = wheels work fine.

I'll provide you a z3d file
windfj

Post by windfj »

I try to get the glass to break, it did. But the problem is the whole windscreen is coming off the car. I flowed everything in the guide

[more]

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

game draws broken glass from "model.yft", while the rest of vehicle draw is taken form "model_hi.yft". So, you should transfer your window objects into "model.yft" on export too.