Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

this is mostly trial and error approach. i've selected suspension vertices and disabled/hidden other vertices, so they don't get affected incidentally. by default, entire suspension part (right side) was fully influenced by suspension_rf bone (bright right influence color on a model loaded with no "slice to parts"). I've set "chassis" bone as "current bone", switched ".mesh" to vertices level and painted chassis influence with:
pressure: 10%, hardness: 0%. it is done in several touches: paint from hub to chassis mount part (low influence, blue color), then paint again from spring @ hub to chassis mount again, then from second coil spring turn to mount, then from third spring turn to mount... and you get a gradient of influence on spring from blue (low) at hub to red (high influence) at chassis mount. The image shows influence of chassis bone (looks like a bit of bug, it should be blue to red, but it's blue->cyan->magenta (some color channel is messed, but it's actually ok):
chassis_influence.jpg
and the same part with suspension_rf bone influence: (made some refine touches too, to make gradient more accurate):
suspension_influence.jpg
meanwhile, during painting, you can switch to object mode and rotate suspension bone to see in 3D the real effect. you can even leave suspension bone rotated (and 3D view showing stretching of spring) and still be able to edit/paint in front/top viewport and seen an effect instantly. I used to switch to object+rotate bone and switch back to verts to paint.. Yup it takes some time to get used to it, but then it's not of much effort afterward.
rotate_bone_spring.gif
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

Maybe my model has wrong params in Verticles options, but there is no effect in game, suspension behaves in the same way as before. Urgh. Rotation trick shows that I did it correctly.

Really, short video will explain it much better, sorry for bothering.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

Choosing chassis or suspension bone didn't get any effect, I tried to edit a vehicle with suspension movement like Faction, successfully I removed that effect but when I painted it again, it didn't work as it should. Weird.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

"it didn't work as it should" - it did not work at all? have you re-imported a model to see how this works in zmodeler? it is supposed to work as it should in zmodeler after reimport.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

It did work using lowrider vehicle, but only few verticles were moving instead of whole suspension which makes me wondering what could be wrong. Colors are looking the same as on your photo above.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

"only few vertices were moving..." in Zmodeler after re-import? or in game? try setting mesh/vertices/format to 2 bones and apply Rigging\Influence\Normalize.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

These verticles moved correctly in Zmodeler, but not in game. Non-lowrider vehicle gives no effect at all. I've done everything few times as you mentioned in your tutorial.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

how can i keep selected mode always selected? i have often to cancel the steps in uv mapper and this shit switches to deselected all the time. this is pretty annoying... :/
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

toggle off "Auto" button and you will be forced to turn selected mode on/off manually.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

"auto" is already off, but "selected" switches to deselected anyway, when i cancel a step..
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

hmm... scene selection probably takes effect, rather than uv-mapper selection... I'll check the associated code but can't say it will be very soon. please remind me this issue in PM after few days.
fenghuo

Post by fenghuo »

Export Error
Can not locate scene node named "mod" for export. file:GTARageExport.cpp line:110
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

When you export into a file named "mod.yft", there should be an object named "mod" in a root of hierarchy. if your hierarchy starts from "buffalo2" or "buffalo2_hi" you can export to buffalo2.yft and buffalo2_hi.yft
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, what the hell is going on?
I just reexported ss1_10_bld.ydr (located in \x64l.rpf\levels\gta5\_citye\sunset\ss1_10.rpf\ss1_10_bld.ydr)
and some of embedded textures is gone. That just pure reexport. Nothing was changed... i tried to restore zm profile and clean cache... no result
sayos

Post by sayos »

hello
i cant impor this model

http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/8 ... -twingo-i/

thanks
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

sayos wrote:hello
i cant impor this model

http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/8 ... -twingo-i/

thanks
that's because it's locked model
HRH

Post by HRH »

Hello!

A car, that I am working on, was working good, but had no "deformation", although I managed to get all the windows to break and if I remember correct, door was eventually solid also, but vehicle had still bad collisions.

It had only L0, even no copies of L0 as L1 or L2. I ungrouped chassis and did "false-positive method" by just dismissing all the "visible" compunds (doors, bumpers, hood, chassis, bodyshell & etc.) and roughly copying 2 additional exemplars to use as L1&L2. After that I created new compounds(as usual, into dummy I put L0+L1+L2) and grouped everything back into "chassis".

Now, I can enter the game, spawn all my other mods, as usual, but when I try to spawn that vehicle, I immediatly get "err_sys_invalidresource_5" error and I am out of the game. I also noticed one extra thing, at the same time, I created "washington.yft" folder into texture browser and put 3 texture inside. Car aint being used in the game as "washington", but I rename .yft-s after exporting. Then, there were no errors about either mentioned L1+L2 problem and program told me, that 3 textures were separately packed. After getting that filesys error in the game, I thought, that maybe this is the issue and wanted to dismiss that folder from the textures browser, BUT it wasn`t there? Can it be possible? First time it has happened...

Are these two operations correctly done? It was the first test after these two operations and I got the error mentioned above.

Big Thank You in advance.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

i think you should not use L2 especially if these are just copies of L0. Using L1 is essential and enough. When you copy models, the overal size of the model file and its memory usage increases, so make sure you update (set higher value in ) "Base" user-defined option on topmost hierarchy element.

Concerning textures issue - make sure you give a proper name to texture group that you associate textures with. You can use a wildcard name like *.yft and associated textures will get packed into any yft file you export from this scene.
HRH

Post by HRH »

I removed all L2 and updated base values(was 24, 10 and I put 48, 20) in topmost dummy "washington". Tried "just in case" replace version and I got it working at least there. Thank You very much for valuable tips! I appreciate that!

Henry
eljamon88

Post by eljamon88 »

Hey there,

I have the following import/export bug: invisible car wheels.

1. Car wheels missing after simple import/export
To make sure that I did not mess anything up, I made several tests where I just imported and exported the car right away without any editing done by me (see the Vapid Pißwasser Dominator rallye car with no wheels on the screenshot).

2. Workaround of creating 4x 3D wheels unsuccessful
In order to create a workaround, I removed the brackets from "wheel_lf" and gave every single wheel dummy a 3D object (see regular Vapid Dominator on the screenshot) but now, whenever I get new wheels at Los Santos customs, these are on the roof and do not replace the regular wheels.

Do you have an idea how to fix this issue?

I import with the following options:

"Slice to Parts" - Checked
"Reuse materials" - Checked

"Combine Collission" - Unchecked
"Combine with existing models" - Checked

I export (to *.yft) with the following options:

"Lock" - Unchecked
"Thumbnail" - Unchecked
"Comment" - No Comment

"Skeletal" - Checked
"Export LODs" - Autodetect

My system specs:

Windows 10 Home 64bit
ZModeler 3.1.4 (Build 1142)

Thanks in advance for your help!

- eljamon88
Attachments
Vapid Dominators with messed up wheels
Vapid Dominators with messed up wheels
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it looks like "Incorrect part IDs" problem to me. Even more, incorrect part IDs might come from the file you are importing. I suggest to import this model, save as .z3d file; close ZM. Put "gta_parts.xml" into Install folder (XML file is attached to the sticky guide thread here on forum) and open you .z3d file; then export with Skeletal option (the rest is insignificant).
eljamon88

Post by eljamon88 »

Hi,

I did like you told and tried that. Unfortunately, I still have missing wheels on that car.

Any other suggestions?
sergi

Post by sergi »

When I export street lights they become too fragile, like falling down when just walking up to them, or when shooting the pole with a pistol. How can I fix this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@sergi, this issue is going to be under exploration quite soon, I'm aware of bad collision and behavior of map objects.
sergi

Post by sergi »

Oleg wrote:@sergi, this issue is going to be under exploration quite soon, I'm aware of bad collision and behavior of map objects.
Ok thanks!