Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
triggertactix

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by triggertactix »

Poland_RG wrote:Hello. I have problem with zmodeler 3. When I import any model from GTA V my ZModeler 3 give me error:
It's affects only on L1 view. Model isn't import properly, I can see only dummies from my vehicle. I was tested vehicle model on my friend's PC and it works. Other models ( in .obj ) works properly. The problem is in the .yft files. After importing model I want to change view - next problem. After this viewport is black ( presented in the picture below ) and I can't see anything of vehcle dummies.
Sometimes ZModeler crashes after that.
I was installed last driver of my GPU ( GeForce GTX 1660 Super ) and nothing. Could you help me repair this problem?
I don't know why my ZModeler isn't working.
I have the exact same problem as this guy. I can import any converted .obj files from other games but any .yft that I attempt to import straight from gta5 is full of dummies instead of loading the proper parts. If you rightclick my image below and do "view image" you can see over on the right it pulls in all individual parts but they're just dummies.

https://i.imgur.com/ZZGWeNV.png?1
triggertactix

Post by triggertactix »

The vehicle becomes visible if I change the structure to L0 but is not visible on L1.

https://i.imgur.com/6PibxL9.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

triggertactix wrote:The vehicle becomes visible if I change the structure to L0 but is not visible on L1.

https://i.imgur.com/6PibxL9.png

you have loaded the "model_hi.yft" file which is the geometry for highest level of detail. it has no collision or other specific info inside, only geometry of the model. You should import the "model.yft" into the same scene (mind to toggle option "combine with scene models"). The "model.yft" contains L1, L2, collisions, and window-crash information. Upon importing of "model.yft" file you will get a set of *.cwgv files in an import folder. You should copy these files into your export/mod folder, so an exporter can reused these files to re-create window-crash information.

Your export should be in two phases: export model.yft and then export model_hi.yft. A LODs export mode can be set to "Autodetect" in options window.
agung1986

Post by agung1986 »

i try to exporting vanila police car with a little modification
but when it come in to fiveM no whell show
any idea what happen ?
im using zmodeller3
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should import police.yft and police_hi.yft files into the same scene; then export them one after another from the same scene. Mind to set option "combine with existing models" on import and set "Level of detail: Autodetect" on export.

In short - model_hi.yft and model.yft files have to be updated together even if you don't make any changes.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Hi Oleg, there is No shader configuration avail for "reflect" for the p_amb_brolly_01.ydr
GTA 5\x64c.rpf\levels\gta5\props\lev_des\lev_des.rpf\
onotor

Post by onotor »

Also, while importing some yfts it stucks at "Creating materials 97%" and after few seconds, it crashes
What could be the problem?

I am pretty sure the yft is unlocked by the way
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you send me this .yft file in private message, so I could test it?
Sarish

Post by Sarish »

Hi the Zmodeler team,
First, i'm sorry if my english is a little bit rude, this is not my first language.

I would like to report an important bug regarding the export/import of YDD files for GTA V.
Since the last update, when I export then import back files, it does not work. The YDD is empty on Zmodeler (It is not as when we open the file using OpenIV or the windows 3D software, there is a 3D model on the file).
I have no idea if the issue is due to an export or an import problem, but the fact is that I cannot rig and convert my models for GTA V as even the first step ddoes not work.

Here is what I do :

- I import the GTA V skeleton then I import my 3D model .obj (here for exemple a pair of shoes called “1_MEN”)
Screen: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /11111.png

- Import my model .ydd from GTA V (boots called “feet_002_u”)
Screen: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 222222.png

- I use the function “convert to compound” on my 3D model to use it as mesh and I give this the name .mesh. Then I drag the GTA V shoe folder, I delete le .mesh of GTA V (as this will be my new folder). I rename the folder with its future name (here for exemple “1”)
Screens:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 333333.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 444444.png

- Then I export the same way as before (re export red arrow) in YDD format
screens: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 555555.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 555bis.png

- But when I try to import back my folder, my folder is empty, no .mesh inside my “1” folder an I don’t have any 3 model on screen.
screen: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 666666.png

- Here's you can download the file exported in ydd if you needed:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 3077/1.ydd

Are you aware of this issue ?
Do you think it we would be able to use the previous versions of Zmodler3 to ensure that people using this software would be able to continue working on it (I tried using an previous version, my key does not work on these versions) ?
I have to say that this problem is very annoying an I am currently stuck. I have discovered this issue May 11th or 12th, I have already lost 1 week on my license.

Thank you for reading, I sincerely hope that a solution will be found quickly !
Have a great day/Night

PS: I forgot to said that is the first time this case happen.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this no way relates to ZModeler version. Your export setup is incorrect.
first of all, ydd file requires every geometry to be bind to a skeleton and rigged. You can't export .ydd file with no skeleton rigging associated with it. the steps you've missed are:
1. enable rigging on a .mesh object you've loaded from OBJ (every geometry loaded from OBJ comes with no rigging enabled on them). Toggle it in properties : Mesh -> Vertices -> Format. Rigging and set Max bones to 4. press Apply.
2. your geometry should have gta_ped shader assigned (any variation of these shaders, like ped_default, or ped_alpha etc.)
3. your geometry must be bind to a skeleton. You mark the skeleton with Select\Mark tool. Then use Rigging->Skeleton->Bind tool and click on a mesh object in viewport.
4. when you export to a file 1.ydd, an exporter picks branch "1" from your hierarchy and exports .mesh object. Since it was not bind to any skeleton (and/or had no rigging), exporter created blank skeleton with no bones in it (to respect .ydd file requirements) and put a geometry into this file.
5. when you re-import your rigged model, you have to toggle off "Slice to parts" option. This import option is for vehicles to slice rigged model to hard-rigged parts, so these mesh fragments can be edited as separate objects (like doors, hood, bumpers etc.) You mesh was not rigged, skeleton got no bones, so you get zero geometry objects.

Just an example - you can import your 1.ydd file with disabled "slice to parts" option and you will see a Skeleton (with no bones of cause) and a .mesh file for L0 level of detail. So, geometry is there, everything is correct.

To fix your scene setup and make a proper export, the following steps are required:
1. enabling rigging and max bones = 4 on a .mesh object
2. renaming a branch with skeleton to .global (so scene has .global -> .skel -> (all other bones).
3. binding your .mesh object to .skel
4. copying rigging weights from original boots onto your geometry with Rigging->influence->copy tool (click on original object, then hover your .mesh and click on it).

Exporting 1.ydd file will still find your .mesh object in hierarchy, but this time expoter will determine the object is BIND to a .skel (skeleton and its bones) and will export correct rigging and skeleton information into .ydd file (even though your .skel object actually located NOT in "1" hierarchy branch in scene).
Using branch named ".global" toggles a specific export scenario for meshes that bind to .skel in this branch - exporter will perform skeleton packing to reduce complexity of exported model. This is used for ped components and accessories.
Sarish

Post by Sarish »

Thanks for your reply !
Yes my 3D model is not rigged because i need to do the first step that i already said in my last post.
So the 3D model is not rigged, not binded, and has no shader.

I use zmodeler since one year and half and i make clothes, accessories, hairstyle (and others) every day and i never encountered this problem. I already did more than 1000+ clothes for GTAV.
But since you release your new update, i can't do anything.
I know that i'm not an export of Zmodeler, but all worked fine.

My english is very rude, and i'm not sure to be able to explain very well what i did, but last year, i followed this tutorial on youtube: https://youtu.be/ekHJCrlXzuQ?t=1397 (The video start when he do the first step that i talk)
So now you can see what this guys do, and it's the same for me. This method working fine before the update !
I tried last few minutes to rig and bind directly the modele before my export, but now, i can't bind my model. I'm VERY CONFUSED because it's nerver happened.

I saw a guy tell you that the update messed up the export feature, so i'm sure that i'm not alone in this case.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

i guess you have "slice to parts" option enabled in Import window for GTA models and that makes it go wrong. I don't know what "old version" do you mean, but there were no changes in import/export code that could affect import/export scenario. The video shows correct workflow, it is supposed to work this way. May be you can record a video and show what goes wrong in your case?

once again - I was able to import your 1.ydd file attached above with no problems. it produced the geometry and a skeleton (since I had no .global and .skel in my scene, so importer created .skel for me).
Sarish

Post by Sarish »

I really don't know why, but the "slice to parts" was enabled... So now, it work perfectly. I don't know why I didn't think about it before. Sorry.
Thanks for your patience and your reply.
sunil808

Post by sunil808 »

great work man, did you use the original textures? or are you not there with the progress yet? tutuapp routing numbers
Last edited by sunil808 on Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snagmaster69

Post by snagmaster69 »

Hi im having trouble whenever i edit a vehicle ( engine swap etc) after i export it to fivem the model is floating and the wheels r all jumbled in random places ?
please help.
Attachments
image1 (1).jpg
image0 (2).jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

most likely you need to export and update both "model.yft" and "model_hi.yft" file. Note, you need to re-export both files each time you make changes in scene (hierarchy, object names, objects order etc.)
Zerise

Post by Zerise »

So, I converted many cars before and asked a bunch of people but nobody encountered something like it before.
When I add new parts to my car, it keeps looking in the pic. Its stationary, so doesnt change when moving and its always some on each spawn. When I add the new part as a stand alone, the game crashes. Its not a problem by too many triangles or polys, it had way more before it worked. car looks fine in zmod, openiv and imported into blender aswell. Already imported and export the part in blender aswell but didnt change anything either. Imported whole car into a new z3d file, no change. Metas and COLs havent been touched either. Even when I only use a tiny bit of the part, it continues to look the same as in the pic. It would suck if my Z3d file is fucked, because I made 150 tuning parts for it, but didnt add them ingame yet...
Attachments
FiveM_GTAProcess_YOBMmWs5Z0.jpg
Zerise

Post by Zerise »

FIX: too many hierarchy elements lmao, was at 136 on export...
armand

Post by armand »

Hello got an issue when I wan't to export a car for GTA5.

It say : can not locate scene node for export. filegtarageexport.cpp line:116.

Any idea on how to fix it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Your hierarchy root node is named "felon". You can export "felon.yft" file only. If you want to export felon_hi.yft file, your root node should be named as "felon_hi" (meaning your scene has high-detailed LOD too).

In general, your scene should start with dummy node having "_hi" in a name. Your geometry objects should have L0 and L1 components with L1 using less vertices/polygons than L0. That's the perfect scenario. When you export such a scene to "felon_hi.yft" file, ZModeler will export L0 components only. When you export "felon.yft" file, ZModeler will export L1, collisions, and other game-specific data.

If you have no L0 + L1 components (have L0 only), you can export as felon.yft file, then copy this file and rename to felon_hi.yft file. it will work fine in game too.
Alternus

Post by Alternus »

After rigging a piece of clothing and setting up the material browser default shaders to "ped", I copy the high_mesh file from my exported object into a previously existing .obj folder and replace it. When I replace the high.mesh and try to import it into OpenIV, it gives me this error: jbib_002_u_high.mesh(Line 696): Vertex declaration (S1E9F420D) is not supported by shader (ped.sps).

Line 696 is just the vertex count which is 1789.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I was missing the ped option on one remaining default diffuse shader. All good! Though how do I stop the shiny material on the texture?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

material shininess is controlled via SPECMAP texture. Each texture's channel has its own meaning, the red channel is for shininess, other channels are used for a different shader-specific tasks.
nahuel0110

Post by nahuel0110 »

Hi there! In these months I had a problem with the models when exporting, this happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJNx56R ... nel=Nahuel

I almost forgot to say that when glass breaks, the model automatically crashes for no reason. From what I saw, I am not the only one having this or similar problems, I tried various ways by changing the wheels, resetting the dummys, etc. I am also somewhat new to gta v modding, hope to find a quick solution!
efeegsdasd

Post by efeegsdasd »

I am trying to import the dafault barracks model, however this is what i get out of it. It's the vanilla model, what am i doing wrong?

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Toggle desired visibility LOD to display: press "L0" button on Structure panel.