Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

@Meepyneepy, I don't know much regarding police lights and how they work, so I can't give any advise on this. Concerning the chrome-look, it might be related to "SPECMAP" texture. This texture's green channel is the reflectivity strength, so if you put white texture (for example) you will get strong specular highlight and full-strength reflection (like chrome).

@ FennexxCracks, some missing textures are not harmful on import. Exporter will still specify the model to use these textures (assuming the game will locate them in some .ytd files). The 'env.dds' is an environment reflection texture of your choice - you can use any texture for this purpose in ZModeler. It is not used in game, since game will render real environment reflection texture with surrounding-world reflection. So, google for "spherical environment reflection texture" and pick any one you like; then convert/rename to "env.dds" and let ZModeler use it.
TheSixthPerson

Post by TheSixthPerson »

did have some one can tell me why the spoiler doesnt work? before is working but when i edit the uv2 and export,the spoiler doesnt work.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

your parts ID is wrong. delete "Parts" branch in "Profile->Preferences->Filters->GTARage" found in "Settings->Profile->Editor". Restart ZModeler and re-export your model.
TheSixthPerson

Post by TheSixthPerson »

thank u bro , now is working! :lol:
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

Oleg wrote:...
Can you please add the shader configuration for "gta_spec" and the shader form this post http://forum.zmodeler3.com/viewtopic.ph ... 886#p59886
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

_Vlad_ wrote:
Oleg wrote:...
Can you please add the shader configuration for "gta_spec" and the shader form this post http://forum.zmodeler3.com/viewtopic.ph ... 886#p59886
specify me a model file with these shaders please.
Cataleast

Post by Cataleast »

Zmod 3.2.0 b1195 crashes to desktop without an error message when trying to export a track prop YDR.

The file in question is stt_prop_track_chicane_r.ydr from the mpsunts update. Same issue with stt_prop_track_chicane_l_02 and stt_prop_track_chicane_r_02.

I've tried exporting with a variety of different settings in the export dialogue window. Also tried importing and then exporting the file without doing any edits to no avail.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Fixed. Get an update (and let me know hot it works in game. the issue was related to collisions - check whether collisions work or not).
Cataleast

Post by Cataleast »

Exporting works now, but it seems to result in some "z-fighting" on the textures (the textures are spazzing out unless the camera's completely motionless).

Not sure if it's applying the textures to the COLs or something.

Quick clip of the issue: https://i.gyazo.com/1cdea0cf2d4831bb930 ... 63338a.mp4
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it looks like geometry from _R_Start got attached to _R_Root object. Dismiss R_Root object to get its geometries and attach them as L1 and L2 to _R_Start.

===========
Edit:
The problem is in a model itself. L1 and L2 are rigged to _R_Root bone (ID = 0) and L0 geometry is rigged to R_Start bone. That is why "Split to parts" give such a setup.

===========
Edit #2:
Fixed, get an update.
Cataleast

Post by Cataleast »

Works now. Thanks a bunch again :)
horseman89

Post by horseman89 »

Hi! I have strange issue with Zmod for last couple of days. The point- when I'm editing pmd files for ETS2/ATS when I'm updating/exporting that pmd file and it have some different chassis or cab variants, but after I export/update that file then all variants is somehow... gone! And all cabins, chassis is merged in one piece.... why is that and where is the issue? I'm not doing anything in Zmod settings. They are the same as I used it before and everything works fine.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

May be "Default variants" option was toggled on export?
Also, when you merge files into your scene you might get variants quantity overflow. It should not generally happen, but there might be some bug related to this scenario, as it wasn't toughly tested.
horseman89

Post by horseman89 »

>Oleg
Will check these "default variants" tomorrow, but the point is that I'm not trying to merge anything there, just add some nodes and update "as is" with these different variants of cabins and chassis. But they(different chassis,cabins) somehow then merge in one piece and there is no more these different variant options(for example like cab_a, cab_b or chs_4x2, chs_6x4) they are vanished. That's at least strange...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the "Default variants" export option does really kill all variants like cab_a, cab_b, so on re-import you get no variants at all.
horseman89

Post by horseman89 »

Thanks Oleg! Yep "Default variants" did that cause. They were enabled somehow. Now export works fine again. Thanks.
Cataleast

Post by Cataleast »

Editing the retail GP1 model. A simple edit in that I'm trying to shift the whole model up on the Y-axis. However, the changes don't seem to get committed to the exported file.

Import settings:

Export settings:

Exported file imported back into Zmodeler. Note how the wheel mesh is also gone.
Selected model = original edited source, unselected = exported file imported back in.

On a related note, I noticed something similar when trying to edit any of the retail open wheel vehicles (formula, formula2, openwheel1, openwheel2) where the changes to the wheel COLs don't get applied to the exported model except on wheel_lf.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if you moved the model, you have to "Reset to world" axes on the main dummy node and on "chassis" object. local axes on these have to be at 0,0,0 point.
Cataleast

Post by Cataleast »

Ah. That's sorted it. Thanks again!
Poland_RG

Post by Poland_RG »

Hello. I have problem with zmodeler 3. When I import any model from GTA V my ZModeler 3 give me error:
It's affects only on L1 view. Model isn't import properly, I can see only dummies from my vehicle. I was tested vehicle model on my friend's PC and it works. Other models ( in .obj ) works properly. The problem is in the .yft files. After importing model I want to change view - next problem. After this viewport is black ( presented in the picture below ) and I can't see anything of vehcle dummies.
Sometimes ZModeler crashes after that.

Black viewport picture:

I was installed last driver of my GPU ( GeForce GTX 1660 Super ) and nothing. Could you help me repair this problem?
I don't know why my ZModeler isn't working.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

check whether your GTX1660 is selected in ZModeler's Settings->Rendering Device. It might happen you have another device selected there (like embedded intel graphics or something like that).
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

On my laptop I have an nVidia 1060 in pair with intel graphics. To enable nVidia card for ZModeler, I have to force this hardware choice for ZModeler3.exe application in nVidia control panel.

Sorry the image is in Russian, but I guess you can find what is needed in your local version matching the one you see below:
nvidia__.jpg
Poland_RG

Post by Poland_RG »

I have only one GPU NVidia GeForce GTX1660 Super, but I think the problem is in NVidia 3D Settings. Could you check them?
Unfortunately, I can't read these settings in Russian.

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I do not see anything that could cause problems on these screenshots.
You can override all settings and turn off all possible options, as none of them used by ZModeler.
FeniXxXpl

Post by FeniXxXpl »

I have a problem with the car, namely the glass in the lamps also changes its color when changing the color of the windows, in the case of pure black they are practically all black, I was looking for guides, I found one quite reasonable but after clicking a few options (1, 2, 3, 4 option) and changing uv channel to 2, after exporting the file and opening it again, it returned to the wrong settings, i.e. 1 2 3 option and uv channel 3 then apply and of course i changed the surface and colors from rgba to A and fill it with white color then i try this again but with black and it was the same effect like my setting that i choose are not saving
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... u_1857.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... u_1856.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... u_1855.png
And also i find out that when i edit https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
and reimport it it didn t save idk why i can move materials but when i click something inside and click x to leave and then export and import again it is deleting my settings