Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg wrote:Insert hotkey might be configured to pick Modify\Insert tool, or to apply it instantly. points insertion requires apply (you can refine hotkey behavior in Hotkeys settings window).

Points will not get inserted as soon as you commit interactive (manipulators) transformation by removing all control points - chart will have green borders instead of purple in such a case. Interactive chart can only be created as "Generate new + Unwrap", no chance to get it otherwise or to existing pre-generated uv.

also, changing original geometry topology can (and in most of cases will) disable uv-chart affection on target mesh. e.g. you can't keep editing UV mapping and modify\weld or modify\detach on original object at the same time. edit topology first and then move on to uv-mapping.
ok, sounds complicated, ill try it with 3ds...
another question. "Can not compute unwrapped mesh.Inconsistent vertices configuration for unwrap. Problematic vertices highlighted." Where exactly are the vertices highlighted? i dont see anything highlighted on the object..
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Gta5KoRn, highlight is very tiny and barely seen. in most of cases it is related to open edges or inaccurate mesh seams. try unwrapping small fragments on by one, rather than entire object at once.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, any ideas for my previous post?
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, can you please add shader configuration for "normal_spec_pxm_tnt" ?
model with this shader can be found here :
x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\_citye\downtown_01\dt1_07.rpf\dt1_07_station.ydr
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i just tried "vehicle_track_emissive", but when i export the car it says: Shader "vehicle_track_emissive" requires alpha to be affected by DETAIL. What alpha?
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

Gta5KoRn wrote:i just tried "vehicle_track_emissive", but when i export the car it says: Shader "vehicle_track_emissive" requires alpha to be affected by DETAIL. What alpha?
probably here
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

I have a new bug with a wheel, that i never had before. Almost the whole wheel gets broken, instead of only the tire. The dummy and COLs are ok. Same happens even with the wheel of original gta car.. :/
What could be the problem?

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

how does the original wheel look like (on a model you replace)? have you set any "wheelDeformParams" user-defined option on vehicle_tire material? it should be exported with no custom parameters, default values will be saved on export; the wheel deformation level is affected by vehicle's metadata file settings.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

on the 1st pic, original gta wheel (from Omnis) http://imgur.com/a/NemWj, 2nd - my wheel. i had this "wheelDeformParams" setting on the material. I removed it, and still have this bug. Even when i use original gta wheels on my car i have this bug.. :/
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

are wheels or wheel COLs re-scaled relative to original?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

yep...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have you rescaled them via properties->Scale values or by changing "Size" values on COL objects? The second is correct/accurate choice.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i rescaled with modify->scale.. where are these size values? in properties is "Scale" with XYZ and Dummy nodes with XYZ too
i just tried to rescale with "Dummy nodes XYZ" but the bug is still there..
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

seems to be unfixable in zm, i increased wheelScale and wheelScaleRear values in vehicle meta to my COL size. now its fixed.
sixx

Post by sixx »

Hey Oleg how do I fill in the door gap when importing a Forza 4 car?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

create\poly\strip
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Hi Oleg, this guy here https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/mega ... ier-add-on figured out, to get a 24 MB YFT file to work in game with 1,2 mio polys. He tells to detach the model in various parts by materials. I tried this on 2 cars, and one works with 20 mb yft as Add-on and replace (without any changes in meta files), but the other one failed and still crash. What i did: i detached model to many bodyshells and created copies of same material, so one material doesnt use more then 100k polys. The base value is 168, 10. Could you make a research how exactly this works? this aircraft carrier is unlocked. And if needed i can send my working car as well.
sixx

Post by sixx »

Oleg wrote:create\poly\strip
thanks perfect timing!!
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, when i reexporting the id2_21_e_slod1_children.ydd without any changes, my game is crashed everytime when i close to this area in game. As far as i know this caused by water shader.
Model can be founded here : x64j.rpf\levels\gta5\_citye\indust_02\indust_02.rpf
Can you inspect that?
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, can you please add shader configuration for "terrain_cb_w_4lyr_cm_pxm_tnt" ?
Model can be founded there : x64l.rpf\levels\gta5\_cityw\beverly_01\bh1_44.rpf\bh1_44_terrain02dcs.ydr
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@_Vlad_, I haven't inspected water shader yet. "terrain_cb_w_4lyr_cm_pxm_tnt" was added in update. it looks a bit strange to me, as textures lookup sampler (the one that mixes 4 layers) does not seem to have proper mapping. It is assigned to use UV#2, but it doesn't fit good with this mapping (heavy tiling occurs).
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, ok, thanks for responding.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

Is there a way to remove influence a vertex color used for suspension to zero?
http://forum.zmodeler2.com/viewtopic.ph ... eb0#p48728

What I'm trying to do is to make suspenion the same way as for lowriders, selected places should be stiff when rest of the suspension (including spring) should move.

Also how can I import and edit model back again to Zmodeler if I applied that effect without destroying?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

to reduce bone influence, hold CTRL while painting bone influence. editing such a model can be done in non-sliced mode only.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

Step 1 - attach all related polygons to rear suspension part first from your mini tutorial means that selected part should be attached to chassis?
OR if you have few free minutes, could you record a video to explain it better?
Attachments
typhoon.rar
typhoon_hi/typhoon.yft
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 252 times