Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Lord Neophyte

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Lord Neophyte »

@Kamel

looks like the dmmy(s) are not set correct
GeorgieMoon

Post by GeorgieMoon »

I've gotten my conversion to turn out pretty good, just one problem whenever I assign the lightsemissive material to all the objects that require it (Headlight's, taillights, reverse lights) it stays on in-game like a steady burn light, any way to fix this? The first photo is without a lightsemissive material assigned to the headlights, the second is with a lightsemissive material assigned (engine off).
http://i.imgur.com/lWBDT2m.png
http://i.imgur.com/oLEA1Pm.png
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

i have problem when select uv mapper
look

how fit that ?
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

and i want report bug, when save material zmodeler crashed
9lXA

Post by 9lXA »

Tuning are not supported now? I export tuning spoiler, splitter and rear bumper for buffalo_2. Logs are ok. In OpenIV viewer all ok: details replaced. BUT in game tuning details not replaced, still buffalo_2's spoiler, splitter and rear bumper. I do something wrong or tuning details not supported now?

Sorry for offtop: how rotate view of model in Perspective/User viewport?) Without rotation some work will so hard..
FPS

Post by FPS »

So I've found something very similar to gta iv crashes.
I was testing the file sizes of .yft files to see how will the game react to heavy files and I'm getting CDT when the _hi.yft file reaches around 10mb in size.
In gta iv, it was a very similar case as the game produced rc20 error at around 10mb model size.
Can this be related to the filter?
I'm thinking of data packing error or incorrect packing due to the amount of data.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@GeorgieMoon, beside texture's alpha (which is an intensity of emissive light) a per-poly ID is the part index that the game can lit on/off. E.g. the ID of 12 is a reversing light, ID 3 is taillights. make sure to assign correct IDs on polygons that use vehicle_lioghtsemissive shader.

@Mister Brooks, toggle off "continuous mesh" in Edit UV window.
@Mister Brooks, crash on "Save material"? what exactly do you do?

@9lXA, tuning parts have not been tested yet, I suppose these could be a little specific .yft models. Concerning the case when changes are not seen in game and old model is shown, you should probably replace a correct file. may be the file you need to replace is located in "patchday3rd" or something like that.

@FPS, I'm quite sure packing is Ok in this plugin, but there is one thing in model format that make some troubles. I'm not quite sure what does it mean and how is it evaluated, but in case of your morel you've sent me earlier, raising it from 25 to 60 solved the problem of loading the model. can you send me the "very big" model to export, so I could test it too? may be i'll bind this unknown value to the size of generated file. I suspect setting a very high value there on just every exported model will end up in high memory consumption.
Lord Neophyte

Post by Lord Neophyte »

@Oleg

u changed something with the new update ?

i have no more "tread" on my tires, yesterday all work fine

also my saved work from yesterday has still no "tread"
Attachments
2015-08-14_00001.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope, nothing related. The tire can be chopped by vehicle_tire shader according to some internal and external settings. I've noticed that blown tire (an a wheel disk on exploded vehicle) appear differently when buffalo is replaced with various models. looks like the vehicle has tire settings saved aside of the model file and some models fit in different way into these chop/remove scenario.
Lord Neophyte

Post by Lord Neophyte »

the wheel worked fine...nothing edited on them

working on the lights and glasses....exporting to test and no tread on my rims :-/

pic from yesterday
2015-08-13_00012.jpg
EDIT :

Pic of the materials etc
error.png
9lXA

Post by 9lXA »

thanks, Oleg! I find needed archive in DLC "patchday1ng" folder.
For all users: if you can't see any changes of models (like a Sultan car) find this in DLCpack folders!
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

@Lord Neophyte how i can find dummy(s)?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

find dummies?
FPS

Post by FPS »

The latest update fixed the CDT due to file size.
I'll increase the size to 30mb later, to see if it still works

Edit:
It crashes the game at 13.8 mb
Last edited by FPS on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

yep i don't see any headlight dummy
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

headlight is not a must to be a dummy. it could be a mesh object. the game will take it's axes position and will apply coronas with respect to lights config settings file (don't know where is it and how this is configured).
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@FPS, how about the latest build 125?
FPS

Post by FPS »

Still crashes
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

crashes or shows "ERR_INVALID_RESOURCE_5"?
gosuke

Post by gosuke »

I tried testing to import / export bike model. I haven't changed anything with exported model. I found suspension does not work in Daemon and Hexer. Spring for rear suspension, spring for springer fork and inside shaft does not expand and contract. These springs and inside shaft are separating.

kB30XO795XA
Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I think these models require to be loaded with "Split to parts" turned off.
louping0

Post by louping0 »

Hi

Oleg , thank you for your filter

I want to test a convertion , but I have an error export :

"Can not obtain Shader material. file:RageExportMaterial.cpp line:106"

and it don't export

This is a problem in material or texture or other?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

materials should be properly converted. Use configuration script (best option), it's in top-right button of materials browser. Pick there "GTAV" -> vehicle ***-> desired shader (like vehicle_mesh). material will be converted and all you will need is to assign correct textures... and may be uv-map for dirt-mud texture on UV#2.
TT.

Post by TT. »

I have the following problem: I added some parts as misc_a, misc_b..., I put them at the end of the hierarchy. Ingame they are flying around the car like crazy. When I put them somewhere else in the hierarchy other parts are messed up.

I also had the error "Can not obtain Shader material. file:RageExportMaterial.cpp line:106". It was caused by parts like "siren7" that I had merged from police4 car. They were using a lightsemissive material in the original car, but after merging them they had no material assigned anymore.
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

@smokey8808, can you load texture manually into a textures browser? Do you see a texture there once you load it? Note, textures browser shows textures in a current group (the one you pick in top-left corner), so you should pick "All textures" there to see all textures loaded.
I can add textures manually yes. But importing a .yft model shows textured model while texture browser remains empty. I have not specified a .ytd archive to load upon selecting a .yft to import, as pinned guide explains that specifing an external search path with textures should work alright.

Perhaps there is a misconception on how importing works in zm3 compared to zm2. I am used to exporting textures from a .ytd file to an external folder, add it to search path and import .yft file. This gives me a textured model in zm3 but the texture browser is empty. If i save such a scene and open it again, the model is untextured and the browser is still empty.