Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

Let this topic be the main bugs reporting thread here. I'll try to sort things out as fast as possible.

Current limitations include (not a bug) :
Cloth simulated meshes are not supported
Lights are not supported - if you can locate a *.yft file that certainly has a light source in it, please send me a copy for research. *.ydr models with lights are found, need *.yft files.

Game reaction to your mod:
ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5 = model file has incorrect configuration in it. This could be caused by wrong collision settings, or corrupt scene export. Report your observation on this problem - what have you done to fix in case you get it fixed on some exports. Improperly configured materials could be the case too
Game crash to desktop = exported model is messed and the game can't read it properly. This have been a common case when collision objects were wrong during development. After fixing collision export code haven't seen CTD yet.

I've tested just few materials configuration only - those initially available in buffalo2 model. You might face to incorrect material setup (ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5 or CTD) on your exports. If you do, assign the very first material onto all objects in scene and export; then do the same with the second material and so on. The game can handle single material assigned onto entire mesh geometry (including windows, wheels etc.). Thus, you can locate a problematic material. If you do, report me an original model file and shader adaptation that causes problems after export.

I haven't tested boats, bikes and planes model too. there could be some bugs related to these types of models.
Chasez
Beginner

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Chasez »

Right. Let's start then :D

Buffalo2 exports very nicely but when I tried custom vehicle and original police car re-import, collisions seem to not work + wheels are gone on original police vehicle (updated both yft files).
Let me remind you nothing was changed on vanilla police car, clean import and export just like buffalo. Adding pictures to make my report understandable.

Doors, boot and bonnet are opened and flapping about and my guess is because of missing collisions and/or improperly exported dummies. Lights are also not working on police car but works ok on buffalo.
Attachments
Buffalo2 (without rear door to make sure that it's the modified version.
Buffalo2 (without rear door to make sure that it's the modified version.
Police vehicle
Police vehicle
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what model file is this? also, where can get a trainer to spawn vehicles? if i'm not mistaken, native trainer i have is no longer working, or am I wrong?
Shelmac

Post by Shelmac »

Use simple trainer, the best trainer so far got everything.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/simpl ... r-for-gtav
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:what model file is this? also, where can get a trainer to spawn vehicles? if i'm not mistaken, native trainer i have is no longer working, or am I wrong?
Scripthook and asi loader have been updated. Simple trainer is the best to have.
The model is police.yft
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

my asiloader.log

// GTA V ASI LOADER (build May 2 2015)
// (C) Alexander Blade 2015
LIB: "C:\Windows\system32\dinput8.dll" => 000007FEF5110000
API: "DirectInput8Create" => 000007FEF5114820
API: "DllCanUnloadNow" => 000007FEF51220DC
API: "DllGetClassObject" => 000007FEF5122014
API: "DllRegisterServer" => 000007FEF5131050
API: "DllUnregisterServer" => 000007FEF5131064
LOADER: Loading *.asi plugins
ASI: Loading "F:\Games\GTA5\EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi"
"EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi" failed to load
ASI: Loading "F:\Games\GTA5\OpenIV.asi"
"OpenIV.asi" => 000007FEF5810000
ASI: Loading "F:\Games\GTA5\TrainerV.asi"
"TrainerV.asi" failed to load
LOADER: Finished loading *.asi plugins

where do i get an updated script hook? and will it load with OpenIV, as I see the openiv.asi is the only succeeded to load.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:my asiloader.log

// GTA V ASI LOADER (build May 2 2015)
// (C) Alexander Blade 2015
LIB: "C:\Windows\system32\dinput8.dll" => 000007FEF5110000
API: "DirectInput8Create" => 000007FEF5114820
API: "DllCanUnloadNow" => 000007FEF51220DC
API: "DllGetClassObject" => 000007FEF5122014
API: "DllRegisterServer" => 000007FEF5131050
API: "DllUnregisterServer" => 000007FEF5131064
LOADER: Loading *.asi plugins
ASI: Loading "F:\Games\GTA5\EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi"
"EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi" failed to load
ASI: Loading "F:\Games\GTA5\OpenIV.asi"
"OpenIV.asi" => 000007FEF5810000
ASI: Loading "F:\Games\GTA5\TrainerV.asi"
"TrainerV.asi" failed to load
LOADER: Finished loading *.asi plugins

where do i get an updated script hook? and will it load with OpenIV, as I see the openiv.asi is the only succeeded to load.
http://gtaforums.com/topic/788343-script-hook-v/
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

police.yft does not spawns for me. It's the same issue i had with dune and barracks. At least a buffalo-replacement method works in such a case. police2 does spawn good for me.

the image below is a buffalo replacement with a modded police.yft (it has lightbar moved up, but it's not shown due to a different "misc_*" configuration on buffalo). The model has wheels and lights work fine. The headlights are a not that bright, i'm not quite sure whether this is ok or not, as I haven't seen the original model in game.

The police2 replacement has a lightbar moved up too. it has wheels and lights work fine too.
police2_police.jpg
The only thing I've noticed is glass crash data does not seem to work all the time. sometimes it does not work. Looks like I need to research this issue a bit more.

Edit: evenmore, the game might crash on cwgv data that it does not like. the police being a replacement for buffalo2 crashes the game when equipped with its own original cwgv files and runs fine when equipped with buffalo's cwgv files. will research the problem.
FPS

Post by FPS »

This is the only bug I've found so far.
I get this crash error when i replace the L0 of adder with my L0s
however, when I delete the doors completely (delete the main dummy,which removes front windows, doorhandle and doorlight dummies as well) the car spawns
here is the hierarchy. I've replaced every L0 with my L0 very carefully, and checked for missing lods or cols but everything is fine in the hierarchy. As soon as I change the ingame L0 to my L0, the game crashes on car spawn. The no _hi model was exported and replaced as well from the beginning.
any ideas why this happens?
I can send you the files if you can figure it out in a file that weighs 2.3mb
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

at the time I had "ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5" on my exports, the exporting code was wrong and the file produced was actually incorrect. Since then I've fixed most of potential problems I could find and haven't seen "ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5" so far: only "crash to desktop" occur to me.

Try a "just one material" test as specified above: assign "paint1" material onto just every object in scene. Check in export log: only one material should be exported. If your car spawns properly in such a configuration (with doors of cause), one of material is the cause.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

how do i replace the L0 of car with my L0s???
FPS

Post by FPS »

Oleg wrote:at the time I had "ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5" on my exports, the exporting code was wrong and the file produced was actually incorrect. Since then I've fixed most of potential problems I could find and haven't seen "ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5" so far: only "crash to desktop" occur to me.

Try a "just one material" test as specified above: assign "paint1" material onto just every object in scene. Check in export log: only one material should be exported. If your car spawns properly in such a configuration (with doors of cause), one of material is the cause.
tried it ,the car spawns.
is there any easy way to figure out the defective material?
maybe there is a polygon limit on materials?

Edit:
it turned out to be a defective mesh material, is there any way this can be connected to the filter?
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

that's what happen when i export with my L0s any fix? this is just adder no _hi
Attachments
error.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

FPS wrote: maybe there is a polygon limit on materials?

Edit:
it turned out to be a defective mesh material, is there any way this can be connected to the filter?
I doubt i's vehicle_mesh, as I've tested it on buffalo. send me your .z3d file - the scene that produces problem when exported.

Also, is your vehicle_mesh configured via "config" button? have you tried to assign and use original vehicle_mesh? may be just a configurator creates wrong config for vehicle_mesh...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Kamel wrote:that's what happen when i export with my L0s any fix? this is just adder no _hi
All used materials must be "Shader Material".

You can convert material to shader-material by selecting material(s) in materials browser and double-clicking on "Shader Material" in top-left corner.

Converting to shader material is not enough to export, each material must be configured properly too. You can use the configuring script buy pressing big "Config" button in top-right corner and picking there something like GTAV->Vehicle Common -> vehicle_mesh.

Each material used must have all texture slows equipped with textures. "ENVMAP" could be left with no texture, it's ok, but the rest of slots must use a texture. If you don't have a texture for certain slot, assign blank "vehicle_smallspecmap.dds" for DETAIL/DETAIL2/SPECMAP, or "blank_normal.dds" for BUMPMAP slot.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

looks good thank you
Attachments
2015-08-11_00001.jpg
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Tried to export custom vehicle as buffalo2 but I was getting this error:

Code: Select all

ZModeler is ready.
ZModeler is ready.
Can not obtain Shader material. file:RageExportMaterial.cpp line:106
deleted dials, steeringwheel, extra11 and extra12 meshes from the hierarchy and now exporting crashes zmodeler. Except if I rename main dummy node to something else or even if I just delete 2 after buffalo it gives me this error which is obvious but at least doesn't crash zmodeler:

Code: Select all

ZModeler is ready.
Can not locate scene node named "buffalo2" for export. file:GTARageExport.cpp line:106
Found the problem, for some reason license plate shader was missing font texture. This time I can actually export the car but I still had to delete dials and steeringwheel to do it.

I can spawn the car but again the same problem with collisions but this time I exported it as buffalo2. Also all main model meshes are custom but dummy nodes and collisions are from original buffalo.
Attachments
2015-08-11_00005.jpg
FPS

Post by FPS »

Ok so after some tests I've figured out that the paint material doesn't or does have some certain type of feature(s) that other materials don't, and that paint material prevents any type of problems.
So there is some "thing" in other materials that upsets the game for unknown reason, but the paint material doesn't have that "thing", and runs just fine in game.
Oleg, can you compare the codes of the paint material to others and find a major difference? I think this is the key for finding out what causes crashes with the excessive use of other materials.
The same thing happened in gta iv, I used paint1 material on almost all parts to prevent crashes.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

what about these two i exported adder with custom bodyshell
error.png
and also exported this custom vehicle as buffalo 2 some time i get this error and some time it says close the program
Attachments
error2.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Kamel , if you have a .z3d file that makes ZModeler to crash on export, send me your .z3d in private message. Also, if you look closer, to "can not locate" message, you will notice that you export into buffalo_hi.yft, while your scene has buffalo2_hi node.

@FPS, I'm currently inspecting your case. Technically, vehicle_paint1 in contrast to vehicle_mesh, does not require vertices tangents and does not utilize bump-map layer. I've checked the exported vehicle_mesh code and it appears to be matching the original (compared to buffalo2 vehicle_mesh code). Still exploring this case.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

great progress chasez, maybe use the collision from the original stanier?
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Right. I actually got it to work. It is drivable and collisions work, now I just have to figure out how I did it :D
Attachments
2015-08-12_00001.jpg
f5544

Post by f5544 »

great work man, did you use the original textures? or are you not there with the progress yet?
because the glass isn't that bright and the reflection isn't there
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

f5544 wrote:great work man, did you use the original textures? or are you not there with the progress yet?
because the glass isn't that bright and the reflection isn't there
Everything is original except collisions (used buffalo2 cols). I'm still learning to work with Zmod3 and gta5 filter but I hope to get a very good result soon.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

how disable repeat texture when added to car ?
like this