Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

send me your .z3d file in PM. I've got the similar report, but the .z3d file I've got exports just fine in all possible modes...
dkmods

Post by dkmods »

Line 293 (rage materials) error when importing tornado5....and also there is no paint:7 shader..is there a way to add those missing line in gtav.xml...want those paintable dials shader...Sultanrs has that feature too and gets imported but there is no paint7 shader applied on any material...I tried to add just paint:7 argument in one of the shader name but no luck...what is wrong or is there any other procedure to follow to get paintable dials ??
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

paint:6 and paint:7 options are available on all paintable shaders. make sure you use the latest filter version. i've tested just one vehicle (see screenshot on previous page) and it work fine with paintable dials and dash trim.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

polyline tool doesnt work in right / left view. why?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the cause is probably in an object.
reduce the scene down to a problematic object only and send me the .z3d file.
The brand you scene with just one test object created in it give no problem for Polyline to select in Left/Right view.
jridah

Post by jridah »

Hi Oleg, I'm a GTA 5 Weapon modder and I've never experienced any problems that I couldn't fix myself, apart from the animation glitch which you fixed (with metroidguy I believe) in the last update. Now I have to re-export all my previous weapon mods to fix this glitch. Most of my guns are only textured by Diffuse, never had any problems in the previous versions of Zmodeler 3, but since the last update, when the shader is diffuse and the adapt is nothing, the textures wont apply to the weapon. Could fix this by using Shader Diffuse/ Adapt Decal. The textures apply to the weapon in OpenIV, however, ingame the gun is transparent, you do see the gun, but you can see through it. Hope you can help me fix it, still got the older version on my other pc, which works perfect with the textures by doing it like I Always do and tried at the last updated version. People are waiting for my weapon pack but this delays it. I got some bumpmaps for some of my guns and when I use "normal", and apply the diffuse and the normal map, I dont have the transparency issue, hope you can fix this for me, thank you!

Jay
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

"decal" shader in game is for transparent decal over other meshes, so transparent gun is a correct result of using "decal" shader adaptation. I guess you should use standard weapon shaders and use default textures if you don't have associated texture slot. For example, you can use "weapon_normal_spec_alpha" with your texture on DETAIL slot, "blanknormal.dds" (RGB = 128, 128, 255) on BUMPMAP slot and dark grey texture on SPECMAP slot. this will fit most of your needs I guess.
jridah

Post by jridah »

Ah ok ok, though, in the previous version it would say:"Undefined adaptation on material "tex_0014_0". Dropping to "default".
Cus when importing the guns into zmod3 it would import with the diffuse. When it drops do default it would work perfectly, but now the gun is white in OpenIV, but I'll try your suggestion.
jridah

Post by jridah »

ye so checked it, tried you suggestion but the texture aint the same, usually when I removed the adapt, it would drop to default, and the texture would apply, works perfect in the prev version, now when it drops to default the textures won't apply, please fix this Oleg, bought another subscription but I cant work with this problem
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have you tried to set Adapt: default manually on your materials?
sixx

Post by sixx »

I Cant spawn this masterpiece of mine lol
My game gives me verify game data error...

I get this in Open IV
jridah

Post by jridah »

Yes I did, that would fix it normally but now the textures won't apply, the gun is just plain white, this wasnt the problem in the prev versions, think youll be able to fix this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

send me one of your model (.z3d file + textures), I'll take a look. there were no changes related to weapons or YDR files, but I might messed something while making YDD export. I've tested .YFT vehicle and player/ped models only before release.
jridah

Post by jridah »

How should I send it to you?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

zip and attach to PM. or send a download link. or zip and send to e-mail shown in zmodeler's About window.

@sixx,
your top-level root item should be named "faction_hi"; then export to faction_hi.
then rename to faction and export to "faction".
check the size of faction_hi.yft file. multiply the size to 6-8 (approximately) and set this value as "Base" on top-level dummy node.
for example, if the size of faction_hi.yft is 7Mb, you can set "base" to 56 as follows:
- click on top-level dummy node in hierarchy;
- press "Isolated" button in the bottom of hierarchy view;
- expand "Properties" page on top of hierarchy
- double-click on "User-defined options".
- type "Base" in the bottom of window and press "Add" to add new property;
- type the value 56 in the second column next to Base; press Ok to close user-options window
- Press "Apply" to apply changes;
- toggle off "Isloated" and export both files (faction_hi.yft and faction.yft) again.

note, if your file exceeds 12-13Mb, you will be barely able to start it in the game.
sixx

Post by sixx »

Oleg wrote:zip and attach to PM. or send a download link. or zip and send to e-mail shown in zmodeler's About window.

@sixx,
your top-level root item should be named "faction_hi"; then export to faction_hi.
then rename to faction and export to "faction".
check the size of faction_hi.yft file. multiply the size to 6-8 (approximately) and set this value as "Base" on top-level dummy node.
for example, if the size of faction_hi.yft is 7Mb, you can set "base" to 56 as follows:
- click on top-level dummy node in hierarchy;
- press "Isolated" button in the bottom of hierarchy view;
- expand "Properties" page on top of hierarchy
- double-click on "User-defined options".
- type "Base" in the bottom of window and press "Add" to add new property;
- type the value 56 in the second column next to Base; press Ok to close user-options window
- Press "Apply" to apply changes;
- toggle off "Isloated" and export both files (faction_hi.yft and faction.yft) again.

note, if your file exceeds 12-13Mb, you will be barely able to start it in the game.
it only crashes when i try to spawn it.... its 4.79mb so a Base=30 should be ok?
It already had a Base=21,0 so I just changed the 21 value
Last edited by sixx on Sat May 28, 2016 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
sixx

Post by sixx »

i changed it to 30 and 40 and still crashed on spawn...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

5Mb and base 40 is ok.
import an original model and ensure your hierarchy has 100% of original parts in it. you can't delete parts from original hierarchy, you can replace them and convert to dummy (when unused).
sixx

Post by sixx »

Oleg wrote:5Mb and base 40 is ok.
import an original model and ensure your hierarchy has 100% of original parts in it. you can't delete parts from original hierarchy, you can replace them and convert to dummy (when unused).
"100% Original Parts" as in even parts not for my car for example "extra 2" but no object just dummy node and COL since i dismissed it and deleted the object but wanted to perfectly mimic the hierarchy... i kept the extra 2 made it a compound without any L0/L1 only a COL assuming it needed to be there to replace the car... is this my issue? I've entered flags in the main parts as well but on export i get alot of specmap/bumpmap errors "missing"
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If i'm not mistaken, most of "missing" texture warnings are insignificant, as the game will use other textures while rendering an object (it might flicker with random textures, but still will work fine).

The "extra 2" thing looks like a possible cause.
I suggest you to
- import original model into your scene (turn off "combine models" to prevent messing your own hierarchy)
- rename the root node of hierarchy being just loaded from a file (to avoid duplicate root names)
- then skim the newly-added hierarchy and compare to yours - if you get any object that is missing in your scene, just drag&drop it there.
- then make a test export.

This will ensure correct nodes are there; I recommend to remove your own "extra_2" thing and replace it with original "extra_2" model at the testing phase. In perfect, you should have identical hierarchy. it is allowed to have more custom nodes in your hierarchy branch (considering no duplicate names are used), but it is not allowed for some objects to be missing, especially [COL] objects, "extra_**" and "misc_**".

If you get an accurate hierarchy restored (make sure to export both faction_hi and faction files while testing) and model running in game, then hierarchy/parts is the actual cause of the problem.

also, as the testing phase it is suggested to put original [COL] entries into your hierarchy (even thought these will not match, but these will reduce a chase of bad collision composition to be created).

P.S. your model looks strange in OpenIV - why bodyshell is missing on your screenshot?
sixx

Post by sixx »

Oleg wrote: This will ensure correct nodes are there; I recommend to remove your own "extra_2" thing and replace it with original "extra_2" model at the testing phase. In perfect, you should have identical hierarchy. it is allowed to have more custom nodes in your hierarchy branch (considering no duplicate names are used), but it is not allowed for some objects to be missing, especially [COL] objects, "extra_**" and "misc_**".

If you get an accurate hierarchy restored (make sure to export both faction_hi and faction files while testing) and model running in game, then hierarchy/parts is the actual cause of the problem.

also, as the testing phase it is suggested to put original [COL] entries into your hierarchy (even thought these will not match, but these will reduce a chase of bad collision composition to be created).

P.S. your model looks strange in OpenIV - why bodyshell is missing on your screenshot?

Lol thats why i posted that pic IDK lmfao its like invisible and the rear wheel appears and my driver door is missing lol
but i copied the hierarchy of the faction but deleted some parts like window_lr /lf and extra 2 which i can use but didnt feel like putting my T-Tops in so i left the node and collision just no object this must be my problem as you explained I should leave the original objects there? just for testing?
ghost128

Post by ghost128 »

@Oleg

How do I have to set vehicle lightemissive material settings for having (let's say an indicator) it transparent while inactive and while flashing nice bringt!? I can't get it to work... :?

Thanks!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

i don't know.. may be someone else here knows. If i'm not mistaken, vehicle_lightemissive's texture Alpha is the strength of emissive light, not a transparency mask.
sixx

Post by sixx »

Can I PM you my project?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ok, i'll check it in zm. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to test it in game.