Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Gta5KoRn »

is there a way to move one vertex to another one to exact same position, without moving it manually? weld tool does this, but it makes from 2 vertices 1 and it destroys the mapping..
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope, you can move them manually only with snapping toggled on.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, thanks for "cutout_fence" shader!
Can you please add "water_riverlod" shader?
model with this shader located here x64j.rpf\levels\gta5\_citye\indust_02\indust_02.rpf\id2_21_e_slod1_children.ydd
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

would this possible for you to create such tool, that could move vertices to another, like "copy local axes" tool?

i found now a way, but its pain in the ass. I open 2 projects, then in 1st project i select vertex that i need to move, and in the 2nd project i select the vertex with the position i need, then in 1st project i type the XYZ values of the another one...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

merge the object you read XYZ from into your current scene (or import it as .obj model). then switch both objects to vertices mode (by selecting both at a time), then move vertices with "Enable Snapping" and "Snap to vertices" buttons toggled in "Snapping" toolbar on top.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

thanks, thats what i needed!!
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, can you please take a look at shader "normal_decal_tnt"
model located here x64m.rpf\levels\gta5\_cityw\santamon_01\sm_20.rpf\sm_20_grnd3_dtl.ydr

P.S Thanks a lot!
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, you forget to fix warning after reexporting with some shader from this post viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7360&p=50800#p50800
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, something wrong with "water_riverlod" shader, after reexport model with this shader game is crashed, it's possible to fix this shader?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Hi Oleg, i have an old bug again, that i already have ages ago. The mapping of object is correct, but it seems to be scaled or something like that. The tile of texture is 1.00. Here is the obj file https://yadi.sk/d/ZJ9-TM373Dq9pS Please take a look. the bug is on material/texture "stitch".
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@_Vlad_, my game does not start as it tries to download Social Club update and keep failing to do so,

@Gta5KoRn, the model and import is correct. the uv-mapping for stitch material is very-very small somewhere at {u=0.4, v= 0.7} point. if you zoom closer, you will see it. it is stored this way in an .obj file, so I guess an original model you exported already has the same problem.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, you game still not working?
Can you please take a look at "normal_cutout_tnt" shader
model can be found here x64m.rpf\levels\gta5\_cityw\santamon_01\sm_22.rpf\sm_22_alpha.ydr
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yup. my game is still out of chance to launch. keeps downloading and fails to install updates. waiting for a bundle to be available for download as I used to update earlier, just need to wait for some time. will take a look at this shader this evening.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, oh
can you please take a look at shader "normal_decal_tnt" too?
model located here x64m.rpf\levels\gta5\_cityw\santamon_01\sm_20.rpf\sm_20_grnd3_dtl.ydr
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

normal_decal_tnt is already available.
normal_cutout_tnt added.

got social club 1.2.1.4 installed, the game runs fine now.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, ok, thanks!
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, such things as prop_gas_pump_1d.yft not supposed to work correclty after export?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6cy0ED6VcZI/U ... 0629_3.jpg
After reexporting it's not more possible to expolode it with pistol or assault rifle, Only explosion weapon such as RPG or Minigun.
And when it's exploded, it's not use "damaged parts"
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

how can i do correct livery mapping from scratch? when i use unwrap, it looks...ehm.. bad http://imgur.com/a/pC3lx
when i use from view or world some parts are stretched...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

switch it to manipulators level in UV Mapper, use "Insert" hotkey (for Modify'Insert tool) to add more control points; then move control points to reshape "bad" result of unwrap. in most of cases, pinning more control points can give a suitable result.

then, by selecting and deleting all control points, you "commit" dynamic modification and will be able to edit UV chart on vertices level like other regular UV-mapping charts.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i dont know why but it doesnt work more somehow.. that points dont appear more when i press insert in manipulators level.. worked only once :/
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, anything you can say about my previous post? viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7360&start=1175#p51209
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Insert hotkey might be configured to pick Modify\Insert tool, or to apply it instantly. points insertion requires apply (you can refine hotkey behavior in Hotkeys settings window).

Points will not get inserted as soon as you commit interactive (manipulators) transformation by removing all control points - chart will have green borders instead of purple in such a case. Interactive chart can only be created as "Generate new + Unwrap", no chance to get it otherwise or to existing pre-generated uv.

also, changing original geometry topology can (and in most of cases will) disable uv-chart affection on target mesh. e.g. you can't keep editing UV mapping and modify\weld or modify\detach on original object at the same time. edit topology first and then move on to uv-mapping.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@_Vlad_, this requires additional research that is currently in a schedule. I have previously spotted some problems with street-lamp pones being smashed by a tiny contact with the player, need to get this sorted out first. then i'll check the model you point too, it might have some specific "demolition" data there.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

Oleg wrote:@_Vlad_, this requires additional research that is currently in a schedule. I have previously spotted some problems with street-lamp pones being smashed by a tiny contact with the player, need to get this sorted out first. then i'll check the model you point too, it might have some specific "demolition" data there.
ok, thanks for answer! btw, even some props like a callbox can be smashed by a tiny contact ( i mean it's by default in gta, without any mods)
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, any idea how i can port this rotating Sphere with LTD sign on it to another map object? i mean from one ydr to another ydr. I just want to add rotation object like this to ydr that doesn't have rotating object in it. You can see it from 1 13
https://youtu.be/FkbVf0tdAeI?t=71

Model with that rotating sphere located in x64k.rpf\levels\gta5\_citye\scentral_01\sc1_21.rpf\sc1_21_gas.ydr. I checked reexported original file, and it's working. So it's mean that it can be used in ZM.
Also, i tried to add this rotation shpere to another ydr, but game is crashed, probably i need to edit some .ymap or another type of files, do you know anything about it?