Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

Make sure to unpack ZModeler files into a folder not on a system drive. Prefer drive D: if possible (e.g. D:\Modding\ZModeler).

It is essential to run ZModeler as Administrator.
dayosmayo

Post by dayosmayo »

I followed all your steps but it still gives me the error. I tried it on an previous version and there the Import just woudent show up. I have and active test license and i really dont know what the Problem is.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it's your OS windows blocks ZModeler from starting with all modules loaded. Check the "Window defender" log - may it has removed/quarantined some files from ZModeler folder? There should be three zmStoneGuard files in ZModeler's folder.

Running ZModeler as Administrator is essential.
dayosmayo

Post by dayosmayo »

I checked my files all zmStoneGuard Files are complete. My antivirus dosent have any quarantined files.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

where's your ZModeler folder located?
Make sure to run ZModeler as Administrator.

Do you have an "About" page in Settings window of ZModeler?
Ultra__

Post by Ultra__ »

I'm having issues exporting files. Every time I try to open a file, nothing happens, even after downloading both the latest and older versions. In version 3.2.1, I receive the message 'ZModeler is ready. Invalid file signature. File: opensaveservice.cpp line: 941'. In the latest version, I receive the message 'ZModeler is ready. Invalid file signature. File: opensaveservice.cpp line: 991'. Additionally, even when I try to open and export files normally, nothing happens. Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Hello. ZModeler can Open/Save files in native .z3d format only. All other supported types should be File\Import[ed] or File\Export[ed].
CafeRacer13

Post by CafeRacer13 »

Hi I need some help, for some reason any time I go in game and spawn the vehicle it spawns with the suspension seperate from each other. It looks fine in zmodler and in openIV, but once in game it looks seperated. [img]
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-06-28 01-27-11.png
Screenshot 2023-06-28 01-27-38.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this kind of stretching suspension should be created/edited in non-sliced mode. You have probably imported model with "slice to parts" mode and ruined the stretching ability of this geometry piece. yet you can try to restore it in non "slice to parts" mode by assigning per-vertex bone influence of "suspension" and "chassis" onto respective vertices. If you don't know how to do this, search for videos, as it is barely possible to explain in a forum post.
NutuCamataru

Post by NutuCamataru »

import doesn't work, it lets me select my ytf and then add ytd, but when I finally import, it doesn't show me anything, the car doesn't load or something else

I RUN FROM RUN ADMINISTRATOR
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

attach a screenshot (or a set of screenshots) please.

The file might be locked or may be unlocked. I cant give any warranty on import in this case.
amaljith23

Post by amaljith23 »

I am having trouble accessing the import option. it says missing import services. what to do
NutuCamataru

Post by NutuCamataru »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png

import doesn't work, it lets me select my ytf and then add ytd, but when I finally import, it doesn't show me anything, the car doesn't load or something else

I RUN FROM RUN ADMINISTRATOR
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the file you are importing is either locked or was externally modified to alternate locking data. ZModeler should be able to import original game files and non-locked models.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

When you combine the 2-part model, the model breaks down and the polyons get mixed up. Normally, I don't have a problem when I combine multiple models with a low polyon number, but this problem arises in models with a high polyon number. How can I combine multiple models without reducing the number of polyons and without degrading the quality of the model?
Video;
https://youtu.be/JxuVjws_RJo
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You can't exceed 64K vertices limit in one object. Attach tool can exceed this limit and mess polygons.
You can group objects instead of attaching them into one object to bypass this limit. On the other hand, good geometry optimization is a preferred choice.
BananaPhones

Post by BananaPhones »

Hey all, first time poster here.
I am trying to import a file into zmodeler but i dont get any file extention options in the import screen.
I have a trial licence.
Any help is appreciated :)
Attachments
image_2023-08-25_170906469.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Hello.Your license key is not installed in ZModeler.
Make sure you have version 3.3.0 build 1231, install license key and restart ZModeler.
Afd0329

Post by Afd0329 »

everytime i load a vehicle it says all of this and also im deleting all of the branding of the vehicle then when i export and put into fivem the vehicle drive backwards when im trying to go foward, and sometimes every part of the vehicle seems to be disconnected from the vehicle. Not sure what im doing wrong. the sliverado body is facing the right way but is driving backwards.
Attachments
zmodeler fails.png
Screenshot 2023-10-12 000747.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

missing textures are generally fixed by specify texture packages to preload. In particular, most of missing textures are in vehshare.ytd pack.

Your vehicle might have incorrect scene setup like facing a wrong direction in scene (import original game's model into the same scene and ensure front/rear are a matching to your model). Then ensure axes are pointing properly (compare to axes tripod in the bottom-left corner of viewport). In particular, hide all objects and start showing them one by one: the scene root dummy should have world axes (matching tripod), chassis node should have world axes too. Finally, make sure front/rear wheel dummies are not mixed.
Ibktm22

Post by Ibktm22 »

Hi guys !
I'm new on zModeler and I have a problem when i want to export a car about the textures. Can someone help me to fix this please :)

Failed to locate textures "blank_normal.dds"
Failed to locate textures "vehiclegenericmud_car.dds"*
Failed to locate textures "vehiclegeneric_burn_out.dds"
Failed to locate textures "vehiclegeneric_burn_int.dds"
Failed to locate textures "plate01.dds"
Failed to locate textures "plate01_n.dds"
Failed to locate textures "vehicle_generic_plate_front.dds"
Failed to locate textures "vehicle_generic_plate_front_n.dds"
Failed to locate textures "vehicle_generic_tyrewell_dirt_.dds"

Please help me beaucouo i don't know how to fix this. Thanks
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Read two posts above, these are exactly what you are looking for.
Pupsik

Post by Pupsik »

Hi Oleg,
Please help me!
Looks like an error in the coordinates when opening the YFT.
When I open a part of a highly polygonal model, it opens with broken coordinate points. What could be the problem and how to fix it. I attach a screenshot and the model part file itself.

Part detail (10MB file yft, xml): https://wdfiles.ru/28w4i

Screenshot:
https://ibb.co/hdMMt9Q
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this is an object with vertices count exceeding 64K limit. Currently ZModeler filter version should not give such a model on import, it will create a group of objects (each utilizing less than 64K vertices) combined into a single object as "Group object". You have cropped the image, so I don't see your ZModeler version, so I can only make a guess you are on a very old version.

If you are using the latest version, then the model file you are importing is probably already corrupt. How does this model look in OpenIV?
Pupsik

Post by Pupsik »

Oleg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:29 pm this is an object with vertices count exceeding 64K limit. Currently ZModeler filter version should not give such a model on import, it will create a group of objects (each utilizing less than 64K vertices) combined into a single object as "Group object". You have cropped the image, so I don't see your ZModeler version, so I can only make a guess you are on a very old version.

If you are using the latest version, then the model file you are importing is probably already corrupt. How does this model look in OpenIV?
I have version 3.2.0. I usually use it.
I have now opened this file in OpenIV and it works fine. I have attached a screenshot.

https://ibb.co/WK44W0N

Could you try opening it in your newer version and see if this file works well for you?