Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Mister Brooks

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Mister Brooks »

Oleg wrote:@Mister Brooks, modify\submesh\detach.
wow thanks thats work :D
Lord Neophyte

Post by Lord Neophyte »

Hey

after export my lights on the Car dont work

here is a pic of the material i used
Attachments
mats.PNG
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

@Lord Neophyte same here
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have you applied per-vertex (or per-poly) IDs on your mesh?
FPS

Post by FPS »

Oleg, I've done all I could to make the lights work (tried ID's, bone values, Uv's) and they don't work in game.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you need vehicle_lights_emissive.
FPS

Post by FPS »

I have it assigned. Doesn't work.
Lord Neophyte

Post by Lord Neophyte »

same here...testet all emissive stuff, not working for me

EDIT

maybe a fail on the Tool ?

look on the screen

vehicle_lightsemissive <<<< and not vehicle_lights_emissive ?! maybe ^^
Attachments
error.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

lights issue confirmed, will explore the case when i get time.

Edit: fixed, get an update. The configuration script was fixed too. make sure to type "vehicle_lightsemissive" in material's adaptation field manually.

Note, non-zero per-vertex ID will suppress non-zero per-poly ID. So, if you prefer to assign IDs to polygons, better set all vertices IDs to zero first.
CplCookie

Post by CplCookie »

I'm having an issue where parts of the car disappear when certain modifications or extras are enabled on the vehicle.

The first car to have issues was the Regina. I made a simple edit and replaced the wood with the paint material and labeled it with [PAINT:2}. That was the only modification done. However the bodyshell and wheels became tied to extra 2 which is an option for luggage. If this extra is not enabled. Both the bodyshell and wheels disappear.

The second car was to test to see if I accidentally screwed something up on the regina myself. As such I imported the Tornado and then exported it. No changes were made. Everything seemed to work fine. However, if any hood modification is made. a majority of the car disappears, the car loses all collision and the player model is ejected out and falls into the ground. Reminder that no changes were made to this car. All other mods work fine on the car.

It is very possible I am missing a simple step but I can't think of anything.
Lord Neophyte

Post by Lord Neophyte »

thx OLEG

now the light works fine
Attachments
2015-08-13_00015.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Lord Neophyte, you have deleted "wheelmesh_lf", "wheelmesh_lf_l1", "wheelmesh_lf_l2" and "wheelmesh_lf_ng" dummies inside "[wheel_lf]. I'm not sure but this could be a cause of wrong wheels placement in game.

@CplCookie, import/export changes an order of objects and order of collision elements saved in a file. if some external script configures parts/extras by their order index rather than a name or hash ID, it is quite possible to get missing parts. Have you ever seen a script related to extra(s) configuration? I would like to see it myself to understand this issue better.
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

Oleg wrote:@smokey8808, post a screenshot of Textures browser before you save and after you open your .z3d file.
Browser is empty in both cases before and after save, even though model is clearly textured after import -
CplCookie

Post by CplCookie »

@Oleg, unfortunately I do not have too much information regarding how modifications and extras are handled.
All I know is the modifications that are available in Los Santos Customs (hoods, spoilers, wheels, etc.) are stored in a separate location, not sure how the game handles those.
Extras tend to be included in the car models itself, for example, the Regina's luggage racks and luggage are contained within the car model itself. As far as I know it does search for external files regarding those addons.
Numerous cars have built in extras but have no external mods.
The Saddler pick up truck has roughly 5 or 6 mods, but they are all extras contained within the model.
Lord Neophyte

Post by Lord Neophyte »

@Oleg

Wheels work fine

for now i only have L0 inside the wheel_lf

but why most of the parts are "white" / "invisible" ?

ingame all is ok
Attachments
error.png
Vertelvis

Post by Vertelvis »

Regarding extra's, they are indeed located in the vehicle model itself and can be easily toggled using a combination of GTA V natives. Therefore scripts shouldn't have to use indices to toggle the extra's.
The natives:
http://www.dev-c.com/nativedb/func/info ... 2dbfd6c8bd
http://www.dev-c.com/nativedb/func/info ... c5e4a40cc9
http://www.dev-c.com/nativedb/func/info ... 5792428154

I have found that models have up to 12 extra's so far, with extra's 10, 11 and 12 usually being cupholders and ashtrays. Also, some extra's are linked to eachother which means that enabling one means enabling the other (this occurs with the Sadler and Buffalo, for example). Oleg, if you wish you test with extra's I've sent you a PM with a script that can easily toggle vehicle extra's among other things.
FPS

Post by FPS »

So from my tests, I've determined that this is not a zmodeler/ filter bug, but if the problem is going to be solved, then this is probably the place for solving it.
As you can see, the headlight coronas are off.
If I replace adder with lambo, i get 2x light sources on headlights despite the fact that there is only one headlight dummy in zmodeler.
If I replace casco with lambo, i get 1 light source per headlight in different color.
I've already searched through the game files and have not found any settings file for the headlights.
Does anyone have any idea what file is corresponsible for car headlight settings?
Vertelvis

Post by Vertelvis »

@ FPS:

You might want to try playing with the values in carvariations.meta in common/data. I don't know if this is the answer but it looks like it might be since it has the lines:

<lightSettings value="2" />
<sirenSettings value="0" />
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@smokey8808, can you load texture manually into a textures browser? Do you see a texture there once you load it? Note, textures browser shows textures in a current group (the one you pick in top-left corner), so you should pick "All textures" there to see all textures loaded.

@Lord Neophyte, your model probably suffers of missing textures. additionally or alternative it might have wrong material settings. Note, when model is loaded and certain texture is missing, model and materials are created anyway, but temporary "checker" texture is used. You can see them in textures browser in "Missing" branch. On export, the filter uses names of textures and it doesn't really matter whether actual texture is loaded or temporary "checker" is used.

@Vertelvis, do you know a trainer that can turn extras on/off ? I use NativeTrainer and not sure whether this option is avail or not. I'll check your issue with missing parts few later.
Lord Neophyte

Post by Lord Neophyte »

@FPS

its a carmodel "problem"

a few cars have more than one "corona" dummy ;-)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I see on a screenshot he replaced two vehicles with exactly the same "yft model", and they show different coronas in game. so this is certainly not a problem of the model.
Vertelvis

Post by Vertelvis »

@Oleg, my trainer does. It should be in your PM inbox as an attached file with title: Vehicle Trainer
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@CplCookie, thanks for pointing to the very specific problem. I'm not sure why that related "small bit of info" causing this behavior, but it seems to fix this and particular other problems with missing wheels and such.

Get an update.

The mentioned game behavior was caused by part of hierarchy being ignored by the game when in reaches an invisible (non-installed) extra. everything starting from thins extra and down get completely ignored by game engine. If you still face this problem even with updated plugin, ensure correct "Flags" property used objects (that was checked and fixed, pay attention to availability of "E" among "Flags"), and if still no luck, move all parts containing "Extra_x" to the bottom of hierarchy. But as far as I see the updated plugin solves the problem, so no shuffling hierarchy required.
CplCookie

Post by CplCookie »

@Oleg, so far I can confirm that the issue has been fixed. I am not experiencing the issues with the two vehicles anymore. I will let you know if I encounter any other issues. Thanks for the speedy fix!
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

how to fix that ??headlight
Attachments
2015-08-14_00001.jpg