Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

quite possible changes in other scenes and scenarios caused this old method to become invalid.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Gta5KoRn wrote:Is this possible to copy the material, so the copy appears near the original material, not on the bottom of all materials? or a fast method to move it under a certain material? because to drag and move in on the top is not that handy, when there are 100 materials...
Oleg wrote:quite possible to include in next update.

Edit: tested, works fine, will be included in next update.
so is this possible now on the x64 beta version? If yes, how can i do this?

EDIT: just found out that the copy appears under the original. thats nice. but still have another question if its possible to move a material (from the bottom for example) to another one (at the top) like the objects in the hierarchy.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what do you mean by "move a material to another one"? what is expected/desired to happen in such a case?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

here an example in the hierarchy section: https://youtu.be/4QRByxiV5BA
i select 2 objects, one at the top and one at the bottom, after that i move the top object a little bit and the bottom one appears near the top one. Need this feature in the materials section.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you pick just two items and let zmodeler put them "prior" to "interior_detail". However "interior_detail" is among two selected items and can't change its place because it is used for anchor "before interior_detail".
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

this doesnt matter. it is ok how it is in the objects hierachy. what i meant, if it is possible to add this feature to the MATERIALS hierarchy. so it is possible to quickly move the last material to the top one. If there are over 100 materials its annoying to drag a last a material, scroll up and drop to the top one
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ahh.. no, there is no quick way to do this. Tip: you can still scroll mouse wheel while holding an item during drag&drop.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, please add shader configuration for "glass_spec".
x64m.rpf\levels\gta5\_cityw\venice_01\vb_35.rpf\vb_35_lifeguard.ydr
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

I try to open a project on another pc and i get errors:

Texture "!!!!!!!!!!!!" was not found.
Texture "(null)" was not found. <-many of this

a lot of textures are missing, but it was saved with "store textures" activated

and zm is just crashing when i open some of another projects :/ using the same x64 version. :roll:
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what version of zmodeler was used when file was saved and what version is used when you open it? i get similar problem to the moment on some files that I don't know origin/version of.

to my observation it relates to availability of ATI and ATI2 textures, but i'm not quite sure yet. if you could localize the problem with just few textures and small scene, send me a .z3d file (and perfectly an original importable model + textures separately, so I try to reproduce file\save first). looks like file\save is the cause.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Saved and opened on the 1174 build x64 version. With saved on 1167 version -> same problem. Im now on vacation and cant export the yft's on my main pc.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it looks like zlib/zip problem used in x64 version. I've used a pretty old version of library with my own modifications, probably need to upgrade it to the recent version. will try to revise the old code first for possible problems, however its a mess to revise someone's code for possible errors related to x64.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i had this bug already before the 1167 version. So its not the x64 version problem. I figured out to get the unlocked yfts. will send them with z3d project soon.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

to the moment it looks like related to 2048x2048 textures being used (the file I inspect currently uses DXT5 format of texture and corrupt save data on this texture), the file I've explored earlier had the same size of texture at problematic point.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

so is there a way to avoid this Texture "(null)" bug?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I'm still unsure about the origin of this problem. if anyone could provide valuable info on how to reproduce it (scene + steps before save, and this bug on attempt to open .z3d), this will certainly help to locate the problem.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

you just need to open the saved projects on another pc. thats all. And can you open these both projects i sent to you? one of them has this textures null bug and the other one just crashing the zm while opening for me.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I need a scene that produces such a problematic file on save. the files you send me (and files you have problem on) are already corrupt and I can't do anything to them (as well as locate the source of the problem).
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i just sent these both projects to my friend and he can open them both without any bugs.
I guess there is a non-compatibility between graphic cards. We both have Nvidia gtx1080 and my laptop has AMD radeon hd 6650m. AMD is known for their shitty drivers. Maybe there is something wrong with it. There is no drivers support more for this radeon hd6650m. the last version came 07/2015.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

more likely you have different memory onboard (not video memory, regular one). there is slightly different behavior of x64 version on OS with 8Gb and less. I suspect something is wrong in zip/unzip code used that is natively 32-bit.
matt4312

Post by matt4312 »

Hi,

I am having a recurring problem with a bike model I am currently trying to make. I have used the bati as a temple for the parts and all parts of the bike work perfectly till I try and add any more compounds that were not in the original bati file. This is the first time I have done a bike model and I am presuming it the fact that it is a bike, not a car that this is happening however when exported with these additional compounds the file corrupts and when spawned in GTA it crashes, however, remove these extra parts and it works as intended. Is it possible for you to look into this? I can provide the z3d if needed.

Thanks
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

app crash with following steps: https://youtu.be/CLlMPtt-bX8
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

bug confirmed.
fixed.
bkeleanor

Post by bkeleanor »

can you tell me what this means?
ZModeler is ready.
Can not obtain Shader material from "Default Material". file:RageExportMaterial.cpp line:116
it appears when I try to export hi model.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

your geometry object uses Default Material somewhere, while it should not. assign correct material onto geometry and export again. If you don't care on what piece of geometry is wrong and actual material usage is insignificant, unhide all objects, select them all, open materials browser, then pick any material, drag&drop it onto the left side where it says "Scene Selection -> Default Material". Drop on a label of "Default material", so you replace material usage of this particular material with the one you are dragging. Do the same on L0, L1, L2 meshes.