Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

These might be related to the issue, I can't be sure. I just show you that current version of ZModeler can import and export the model with spoiler and the spoiler will be working fine.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

maybe i have to change the values here? https://imgur.com/a/pzWTNZM
what values do you have on your version?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ohh... restart ZModeler, delete the whole branch "parts" (you don't need it anymore) and restart ZModeler.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

thanks! that worked 👍
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg, another question. Do you know how to make the spoiler work on the Addon? The spoiler works now on my mod as replace, but not on Addon.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

unfortunately, no ideas on this. I assume this is all up to configuration in metadata files.
mteguhg

Post by mteguhg »

Please help me. I spent this mod 2 weeks, until now this vehicle has bugs.
After I exported default sirens from default police car to add-on vehicle like this, random object always scaling-up when I turn the siren on.
object random scaling.png
As u can see, there's 2 object scaling-up when the light is flashing.

i don't know if that because i've put a lot of parts under/inside the chassis or there's user-defined option called Node has value = 7 after exported files.
node 7.png
Before I export the file, I've always set siren external id to 0 and then remove user-defined option called Node except chassis[COL], chassis_lowlod[COL], chassis_dummy[COL], door_p/d_side main & [COL].

I need ur help!!!
mteguhg

Post by mteguhg »

<<<< UPDATE >>>>>

If we zoomed in to the rectangle of the light, there's another issues.
texture changed.png
Idk why the texture has changed to window's texture [vehicle_glasswindows2]
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:16 am ohh... restart ZModeler, delete the whole branch "parts" (you don't need it anymore) and restart ZModeler.
I noticed, after i did this, i dont have GTA5 materials more...: https://imgur.com/a/POssE9P

Is there a way how can i delete these "parts" without losing the materials?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You have probably removed an XML file from "config" folder. That's not what you were supposed to do. Restore this file or let ZModeler download it (via updates).

The "Parts" branch is shown in Settings -> Profile ->Editor on "Preferences -> Filters-> GTARage" branch there. You can select this branch there and press "Delete selected". Then restart ZModeler.

The siren parts in game use some specific logic to scale and rotate some parts around the vehicle (usually siren_glass?). This creates visual effect like filmed on an actual camera. I don't know much on how this works, but there were some topics on this issue earlier on forum: "ELS Lights" or something like that.

Note, you should not edit or remove "Node" user-defined property. This property is edited automatically when you use "GTA5 Options" window in properties window. Toggling these boxes will change the value on "Node" user-defined property and exporter will write these options in an hierarchy for this part.
Attachments
node_property_options_.jpg
Fireside

Post by Fireside »

Hello, I've tried searching for this with no luck. Trying to export a .ybn file leads to the program failing to respond. It's a collision for a small gokart track and it weighs in around 200k polys. It's my first time working on a ybn, so not sure what to expect.. Have I just asked too much of it? Cheers.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Hello.
Sorry for delay, I was on vacation.

Collision should be as simple as possible. You should also utilize as much primitive (boxes, spheres and capsules) collisions as possible (e.g. original game collisions use them excessively and as primary collision method). Geometry collision is a CPU killer in game, avoid using complex collisions. I advise to drop geometry collision triangles count to less than 1K per object if possible. you can make YBN file to use several collisions inside, so your track should be made of collision fragments initially (track sectors, segments etc.)

Also, I would suggest to create a simple plane as an initial collision (square plane) just to ensure the .ybn file created by ZModeler works fine. I have tested .ybn export on some city sector, but I can't remind how detailed it was. I doubt it was any close to 100K, it was significantly less in poly count.
Fireside

Post by Fireside »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd say it is just more complex that needs be. I'll get in and have a play.
Sanechka

Post by Sanechka »

I have a problem importing the YDD file! I get the error - Corrupted file, cannot unpack data. file:gtarageimport.cpp line:388
I have the latest software version and license!
Did not work with the program before, just now started to learn!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Hello.
Most likely the file you are opening was not created by ZModeler and is not a native game file. If the file was manipulated via CodeWalker, then it is likely will not get imported. The most common scenario is when users try to "unlock" locked files with CodeWalker.
Lumen

Post by Lumen »

Gta5KoRn wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:31 am Oleg, another question. Do you know how to make the spoiler work on the Addon? The spoiler works now on my mod as replace, but not on Addon.
Hi. Did you manage to get the comet6 spoiler to work in the addon or did you not study it anymore?
teempade04

Post by teempade04 »

Allow individual exporting/importing of FTP connections or allow FTP connections to reside in the project properties. verizon internet login
mobdro app
Last edited by teempade04 on Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

use third-party tools to map FTP to a local system drive. Something like Google Drive for google cloud storage.
mrtcb23

Post by mrtcb23 »

hey im having a problem importing my car using using the gta formats can anyone help
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

any details or screenshot?
mrtcb23

Post by mrtcb23 »

Oleg wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:46 pm any details or screenshot?
I can take some real quick
mrtcb23

Post by mrtcb23 »

mrtcb23 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:44 am
Oleg wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:46 pm any details or screenshot?
I can take some real quick
when I import it under the gta formates nothing pops up but if I do it under all formats the car pops up but its a gta car
Attachments
ZModeler 64 bit version 3.2.1 (Build 1195) 2_7_2023 3_50_05 PM.png
ZModeler 64 bit version 3.2.1 (Build 1195) 2_7_2023 3_50_18 PM.png
ZModeler 64 bit version 3.2.1 (Build 1195) 2_7_2023 3_55_58 PM.png
ZModeler 64 bit version 3.2.1 (Build 1195) 2_7_2023 3_56_12 PM.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

probably, you have two GTARage plugins in ZModeler and one of them does not work. Check the "Filters" folder in ZModeler - may be something is not good there? I advise to delete GTARage.zmf from your ZModeler, run ZModeler and ensure "yft" files are not shown among those available for import in "Import" window. Then let ZModeler download updates, restart ZModeler and give it a try again.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Also, on your first screenshot, the file you have selected is shown as "21 Kb" only, I assume the file is empty (only small screenshot is saved there). So, this could be the issue too, as on the second screenshot you are picking the file that is 4 Mb.
Racegek

Post by Racegek »

Hi,
I have an issue when importing a gta5 model without "slice to part" turned on, on import there's no problem but when i turn on L0 i get the following error and zmodeler3 exits to the desktop. This doesn't happen when i import with slice to part checked.
i hope someone can help
Thnx

ZModeler is ready.
Failed to locate texture "tornado_hd_interior2.dds".
Failed to locate texture "tornado_interior_sd2.dds".
Failed to locate texture "tornado_interior2.dds".
CDevice9::DrawPrimitive failed [An undetermined error occurred inside the Direct3D subsystem.], last error: 0