Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

@gta192837465, the issue might have been with the license key generated, not the license itself.
@ydro, you are probably facing an issue with importing a file with bad part ID value on engineblock. Make sure you use the very latest copy of ZModeler, as part IDs issue was addressed in recent updates. then open Settings->Profile->Editor, locate there "Preferences -> Filtes -> GTA Rage -> Parts" branch, pick it and press "Delete selected". Restart ZModeler and make an export again.
ydro

Post by ydro »

oof it work, thanks a lot ! i'm really happy to see this baby shaking again !
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

what exactly was updated on all the update files from 18, Jul?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

View->Layout->Create floating viewport.
It has caused updates in several modules including zmodeler3.exe itself.
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Having an issue where Zmodeler is just hanging up while trying to open a file.

https://i.imgur.com/Ey4GuLb.jpg

It sits here, at 100%, but I can't do anything with it. I was just working on this file last night with no issues.
[Lore and 3rd Party Emergency Vehicles | Custom Ped/EUP]
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

send me the .z3d file in PM.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg. please add shader configuration for "glass_breakable_screendooralpha".
Model is prop_news_disp_02a.yft from x64h.rpf\levels\gta5\props\roadside\v_utility.rpf\
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

"Insert" tool is buggy. it doesnt work in the edge mode on a not isolated object. If you switch to isolated it still doesnt work. You have to deactive and activate the tool again to make it work.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you send me your .z3d file and a series of screenshots showing where and how you apply this tool.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i forgot to mention. "Insert" doesnt work if you have 2 objects in the edge mode (not isolated). after switching to isolated, you have to reclick the insert button to make it work, but still dont work if you go back to not isolated. Please try this out. It happens in any project. Let me know if you need a video of this scenario.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Gta5KoRn wrote:"Insert" doesnt work if you have 2 objects in the edge mode (not isolated).
Confirmed. It should work on second object after you've CTRL+clicked to commit the insertion on the first object. Will check this scenario.
TerRaBite92

Post by TerRaBite92 »

Всем привет! После экспорта у тюнинг глушителя пропадает дамми дыма и в игре дым отображается не на своем месте, как исправить это или я неверно экспортирую и там есть свои тонкости?

Hello! After exporting the replacement exhaust, the dummy of smoke disappears and in the game the smoke is displayed out of place. How to fix?
Pics/Скрины
https://i.ibb.co/fYMxJWc/3.png
https://i.ibb.co/C1DPFY2/2.png
https://i.ibb.co/CvF3Ykh/1.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Опция "Skeletal" включена на экспорте?

P.S. я удалил ваш аватар, чтоб он не вводил в заблуждение пользователей форума.
TerRaBite92

Post by TerRaBite92 »

Oleg wrote:Опция "Skeletal" включена на экспорте?
Да, галочка стоит на "Skeletal", я пробовал все вариации: с галочками и без них, со всеми типами лодов. Экспортируется также, без дамми :cry:

Я установил с сайта последнюю 64 bit версию. Может мне надо установить 32 bit версию?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

32/64 без разницы. скинь мне в архиве оригинал модели и ту, что получается после экспорта (.yft)
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

it says in the latest zm version: "Detach tool can act in UVMapper." How exactly? i selected objects inside UVMapper, than went to polymode and selected the objects again, but: "At least one polygon must be detached. file:detach.cpp line:491"

or "Can detach everything only in 'Keep Original' mode. file:detach.cpp line:493" But when i activate "Keep Original" there is still the same message.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

UPD: Detach tool doesnt even work normally, not in the UVmapper mode. I have to switch few times from object to poly mode to detach an object.
Upd2: another tools like "move" or "scale" doesnt work too in the polymode more
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

well, no, every and each problem you report does not reproduce. at least the one with Detach tool - it does work in other viewports as before with all option combinations (keep original / to new object with/without drag). Move and scale does work in poly mode in regular view and in uv mapper too. may be you can record some video.

I was going to make some video with an explanation on what has actually changed, and why "Detach can act in UVMapper". The reason you might be missing is a new option in "Edit UV" tool named "Combine fragments to objects". This option will pack fragmented mapping charts from an object into single UV object. This will give a significant performance improvement in UVMapper. You can edit such an object in poly mode, when you switch an object to poly mode, you can pick polygons in "islands", you can't pick individual polygon. If you need to deal with an island, you can detach it to a separate object.

You can edit an object in UV Mapper in vertices mode if you need to fine-tune the geometry.
TerRaBite92

Post by TerRaBite92 »

При экспорте коллизия для тюнинг детали экспортируется с ошибкой: Image как это исправить? Не могу понять как их объединить с обычной коллизией, ругается на это
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

как выглядит иерархия сцены с тюнингом?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

ah sorry, i was confused, because the detach acts a bit different as before. I mean after i detach an object, the main object is still looking like it stays in the poly mode now, but it actually isnt. You cant select polygons etc. But on previous Zm verions the main object (all the polygons) becomes gray after detaching.
TerRaBite92

Post by TerRaBite92 »

Oleg wrote:как выглядит иерархия сцены с тюнингом?
Получается стоковая версия модели этого люка "железная". Тюнинг элемент имеет "стеклянный" люк для крыши.
Коллизию я делаю чтобы у стекла были свои текстуры повреждения, а у железа свои.
У меня модель и тюнинг все в одном файле.
Оси/дамми одинаковы. Перепроверил все совмещения, верны друг-другу.
Вот скриншоты:
ImageImageImageImage
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

надо создать дамми misc_a_mod и уже в него положить misc_a_mod [COL].
a5152217

Post by a5152217 »

1.png
After I import and export the file from zm3, there will be cracks when the convertible is opened. How can I make the cracks disappear
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You should import (original, not modified) model with "Slice to parts" toggled off. This will give you a pink skeleton (and hierarchy) and just one geometry object ".mesh"