Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

no, it is actually assigned a "Default" shader adaptation.
iwansson81

Post by iwansson81 »

When i try to export a model i have problems with base path and mod path. I can only choose from desktop. Before i could choose from computer and from there i could choose different locations on different harddrives, but not anymore. How can i resolve this problem? A new zmodeler 3 download do not help me at all, same problem in all versions
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

do you have a "my computer" icon on your desktop? I guess you should toggle it in a properties of your desktop arrangement, so you will be able to browse from desktop to any hard drive letter.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Hi Oleg, no shader configuration on this objects (use OpenIV search to find them):
apa_prop_yacht_glass_05.yft
ex_office3a_dcoffeeglass.ydr
prop_balcony_glass_04.yft
v_ilev_prop_fib_glass.ydr
+ is it possible to add all supported shaders to the Material Browser list?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

a warning message on veh_paint3 shader is wrong
Texture "---" on material "--- [PAINT:1]" has incorrect UV source. It should use UV#2.
Just tested in game. the "DETAIL" slot uses UV#1 on the paint3 shader. When changing it to uv#2 in zm3, it still use #1 in game.
+ still waiting for the fixes from my previous message.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

get an update.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

thanks
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

there are many missing shader configurations for the trees. here are the files: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5hoyxcl2 ... es.7z/file
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

is it possible to disable the creating of BAK files, when exporting to yft/ydr?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

these are created automatically on export to any game format. You can always delete them before adding files to .rpf, or is there some other problem you get with .bak files?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

no, its just when i export multiple files, there are a lot of files in the folder, and i was wondering if i can disable the BAKs, because i dont really need theme. But if not, thats ok.
carving

Post by carving »

всем привет.
у меня стала возникать ошибка в игре err_sys_invalidresource_5
до этого всё было нормально.
уже сконвертировал две машины, изменил колёса у 7 стандартных машин.
нынешняя машина в игре то нормально, то вот эта ошибка при загрузке игры.
а сейчас просто не понимаю в чём проблема.
думал, может что-то неверно делаю.
загружал предыдущие сохранения zmodeler, то всё работает.
например, взял рабочее сохранение, всего-лишь удалил несколько полигонов, и появляется ошибка.
такое даже стало случаться, когда копирую деталь для compaund. или когда перемещаю деталь в другое место.
фиг пойму.
кто знает что-то, помогите.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

какой Base выставлен и какой размер файла на экспорте?
carving

Post by carving »

hi.yft - 2026 mb
.yft - 2646 mb
что за BASE ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

В User-defined options на самом верхнем дамми иерарзии выставляется свойство с именем Base. у него указывается значение. что это такое и как его правильно выставить, я не знаю. но чем больше файл на экспорте, тем больше должно быть это значение. поставь 80 и сделай экспорт. если работает, уменьшай, пока стабильно работает. это значние как-то с выделением памяти связано наверное.
carving

Post by carving »

а где этот User-defined options найти?
я не вижу такого нигде.
carving

Post by carving »

я нашёл, где находится User-defined options.
у меня стояло 23.
я поставил 80
два раза провёл те же действия удаляя, перемещая объекты и ошибка больше не возникала.
спасибо за подсказку.
Jhect

Post by Jhect »

Rigging Bug: Binding mesh to skeleton.

In my case, binding a torso to the skeleton, causes the mesh to actually move slightly from it's original position after zmodeler binds it. It seems to move a few pixels forward and few pixels to the left (ped's left). It's repeatable on mine, even after closing/reopening zmodeler. If I unbind, bind, unbind, bind, it moves even further. The torso in question was from another ped, it was manipulated to change contours slightly and snapped to match the current ped's hands/neck. After binding to the skeleton and repositioning it back, there are now slight gaps where the original snapping was i.e. gaps between wrist/hand and neck/torso despite being put back in the correct spot. I haven't tried snapping edges back yet.

Also, dunno if it's related to above or something else, but upon observing this ped with the new torso, one of the spawns was smoking a cigarette while standing, had the entire torso constantly shifting a few pixels left then right then back left again non-stop, similar to what happened during the binding. The other variant spawns however did NOT display this behavior, and were observed standing, sitting, crossing arms, etc..

To be clear, I did an in-game swap forcing a spawn in the strip club via ambientpedmodelset and not a ped editor.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ensure skeleton base and first bone are located at 0,0,0 point. Also, position of .mesh should be at 0,0,0 point.
right-click and pick Skeleton->"Reset transform" on skeleton base node (.skel) object.
make sure you bind to a skeleton that is in "Setup mode" (right-click, skeleton->setup mode = on).
before you bind an object to a skeleton, try to unbind it explicitly from previous skeleton with Unbind tool.

Also, does this mesh shift occur when you bind to a skeleton in "Setup Mode" off? and when it's on?

There might happen some geometry shift when it is bind to a skeleton since after binding to skeleton, geometry vertices are repositioned with respect to skeleton and bones weight. so if you have some small movement of bones or inaccurate weight of bones on geometry, visual geometry changes (even very small) are quite likely.

Also, you should try Rigging->Influence->Normalize tool on .mesh object before you bind (or after you bind) to see whether it fixes the problem or at least has some effect or not.
Jhect

Post by Jhect »

I don't believe it was in setup mode unless it can be activated by proxy. It was my first real ped to be up and running, and was mainly a test ped to get a feel for the program (never did 3D models before) so still learning. Hadn't seen set up mode = on in videos. All seem to have it off it they bother showing that.

I'll keep an eye on those coordinates and watch subsequent peds for issues. Thanks Oleg!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Setup mode can be toggled on/off depending on skeleton creation routines. For example, a skeleton created manually with "Rigging\Skeleton\Base" tool might have it on (or off), while the skeleton created on import might have a different settings. In general, "Setup mode" is the only you should deal with, as togging it off switches an "Animation assignment or playback" mode that is not used while editing models (used on complete models to create or play animations).

Also, "Setup mode" is known as "Rest pose" or "T Pose", just in case it was mentioned in videos this way.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

I'm researching fragment type files and I've encountered a trouble to get it to work ingame, all meshes/dummies are centered to 0, 0, 0. What is an issue?
Attachments
infernus.zip
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 206 times
Jhect

Post by Jhect »

Constant crash from:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ZModeler3.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1182
Application Timestamp: 5b1b8f71
Fault Module Name: modifytools.zmp
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.310
Fault Module Timestamp: 5c4ae506
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000001c0db
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5af4
Additional Information 2: 5af4734c0bbb84800245123d2768ac53
Additional Information 3: b9d8
Additional Information 4: b9d881b1861f8d4cd8914ad93ec0ed28

Seems repeatable at the moment. I have a head and upper selected with "All" as I'm trying to keep the wireframe black between both while snapping. After selecting ALL ->Edge -> Insert then try and insert a line and it crashes. Had been working, then after 10 minutes, it crashed. Now every time I try and insert a line with ALL selected, it immediately crashes.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

perfectly, a short video showing a problem and a .z3d file you have a problem on, so I can reproduce this crash.
Damarli34

Post by Damarli34 »

Hi, i am trying to edit dock handler and forklift with zmodeler3, but when i replace original models with edited models, lifting animation stop working.

Also, when i use original forklift.yft and forklift_hi.yft models untouched but exported from zm3, same thing happens.

When i open forklift.yft with zm3 and export it untouched, file size changes from 492 kb to 496 kb.

What am i missing or making something wrong?

English is not my native language, i wish i had explained my problem.
Attachments
forklift.rar
(483.99 KiB) Downloaded 213 times