Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
emtp211

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by emtp211 »

every time i export zmodeler is reassigning or deleting materials

new issue, merge in an old document and materials are reassigned, and just dropped off, this is actually how it appears in game, so i have no idea why its doing this all of a sudden.
bangfiz

Post by bangfiz »

i have import ytf ydd ytf file to zmodeler 3 and succesfully, but when i press the L0 button cannot show the 3d texture model. any solution ? :?
Attachments
Screenshot_1w.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@AshtonC, looks like normals or tangents are wrong (or BUMP texture being used is wrong).

@emtp211, need more details with (if possible) screenshot on each step, so I could understand what are you doing and what do you get in ZMod.

@bangfiz, you should import .yft file with "Slice to parts" option toggled off.
locotomb

Post by locotomb »

emtp211 wrote:having an issue exporting in open iv textures appears but in game looks like this.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5601_1.jpg

why is it doing this ? ive redone the ytd resized stuff skin is 1k and still doesnt apear

and why does it keep reassigning textures... ??

HAHAHAHA your Civic has a Dominoes' Delivery Sign on it!!! Thats freeking awesome. HAHAHAHA
Locotomb
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

is it possible to fix rendering of inverted normal maps(yellow) ? the materials turns to black in zm when i use them
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what is the point of inverted normal maps? or what is the purpose to use inverted normal maps? do they behave the same way in the game as regular (bluish purple maps) or have another effect?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

yes, yellow NMs behave the same way in the game as regular one. A lot of stock gta textures have inverted NMs. Many of Forza textures too. The direction of 3d effect can be changed in this way. I noticed that the tire shader shows another direction of 3d as the NM texture actually is (in game).
Gamerios

Post by Gamerios »

Oleg wrote:this model is locked by its author. ZModeler can not import locked models.

Great but why ?

I have the same problem. but with an old mod i made. and want import in zmodeler but not work :(

So why GTA 5 can open / load the car but zmodeler not ?

is there no way ?

Also at every model i load like for example the banshee i exported with openiv from gta 5 when load in zmodeler much errors that dds files missing and in models views only some points but no visible car :( or anything that looks like a car.

Regards
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

locking prevents editing of the model when author does not want anyone to edit his artwork. In most of cases author has a .z3d save of his works, so no problem to return to old work to make changes later.

when you import a model into ZModeler, a loader tries to locate textures for a given model. Most of models has their own textures packed into a *.YTD file that you need to extract too. Other than that, a lot of shared/common textures are stored in vehicle_common.ytd and some other shared/common texture packs. You can extract these textures into some folder and specify this folder in Settings->Services->Textures ->Add... , so ZModeler checks for texture in a folder first. Additionally, pay attention to an options of import window, especially a "Preload texture packs" branch. You can specify which texture pack files (YTD) loader should scan for required textures. Importer automatically preloads texture packs (file).YTD and (file)+hi.YTD (where "file" is the name of .ytf/.ydr file you are loading).
Gamerios

Post by Gamerios »

Oleg wrote:locking prevents editing of the model when author does not want anyone to edit his artwork. In most of cases author has a .z3d save of his works, so no problem to return to old work to make changes later.

when you import a model into ZModeler, a loader tries to locate textures for a given model. Most of models has their own textures packed into a *.YTD file that you need to extract too. Other than that, a lot of shared/common textures are stored in vehicle_common.ytd and some other shared/common texture packs. You can extract these textures into some folder and specify this folder in Settings->Services->Textures ->Add... , so ZModeler checks for texture in a folder first. Additionally, pay attention to an options of import window, especially a "Preload texture packs" branch. You can specify which texture pack files (YTD) loader should scan for required textures. Importer automatically preloads texture packs (file).YTD and (file)+hi.YTD (where "file" is the name of .ytf/.ydr file you are loading).

Thnaks yes i unterstadn that but how GTA5 can load my car and i not in any modeler ?

I have lost the z3d but have of the car my yft and ytd files :(

so not work to load it or export from gta 5 again and load / edit it ?

Regards
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can't recover your work if you have only locked yft file.
Gamerios

Post by Gamerios »

Oleg wrote:you can't recover your work if you have only locked yft file.
ok but why gta5 can open it but no other software ?

regrads
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

files are damaged in a way that is not harmful for game's model loader. ZModeler considers damaged file as non-importable; OpenIV considers such a damage of data in file as non-exportable.
Gamerios

Post by Gamerios »

Oleg wrote:files are damaged in a way that is not harmful for game's model loader. ZModeler considers damaged file as non-importable; OpenIV considers such a damage of data in file as non-exportable.

ok thanks

so there is no way of getting my model back ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

quite likely yes, it is impossible to recover a model from locked .yft file.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg please... do something with the damn UV editor. Making dirt mapping is always a challenge. It crashes constantly.... I made over 60 car mods in the last 3 years and every zm version crashed a lot. I have to save the project after every step. Especially when using "unwrap".
nom

Post by nom »

Can confirm, having crash on texture import. Replace works fine but importing any .png crashes app with no crash info.

Can also confirm, having issue with exports after creating LOD's. It usually messes a part up and will crash gta and fivem. Will work fine when exporting only highest LOD but will crash on export of all LODS. This is after one of the recent updates.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you record a video on how you replace texture with .png and it goes fine and them you import texture and zmod crashes. does "texture import" mean you use "Add" button in textures browser?

also, show in details on how "part is messed up" after creating LODs? a game crash after adding lods (considering they are fine) can be caused by low Base value too, as you increase geometry size inside a file.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

about nov 21 update. "Anisotropic texture filtering". what exactly does this mean?
pnwparksfan

Post by pnwparksfan »

It appears that importing two models, a _hi.yft model and a regular .yft model, at the same time, with "split to parts" unchecked and "combine with existing models" checked, can result in L0 getting messed up. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with it, but vertices are in the wrong positions or have messed up normals. If you import the _hi.yft first (L0 only), and then import the .yft (L1-4) separately with "combine with existing models" checked, then it looks right. This issue does NOT happen if "split to parts" is checked; in that case it works as expected.

Here is an example of an unlocked dev model you can test this on. The issue is very apparent when you turn on dirt visibility in zmod, but if you zoom in on the front side panel it's very clear too even with dirt turned off.

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/17703 ... ended-cab/
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

удалять полигоны видимо слишком сложнА для этой программы: https://imgur.com/a/KV9pcap
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

.z3d в личку и скриншот, какие полигоны удаляются. или выделить их сразу перед сохранением.

вылет не всегда связан с выполняемой операцией, это может быть вылет на высвобождении цепочки Undo от того, что делалось 30 или сколько-то там шагов назад.

--------------
Anisotropic texture filtering - это для экспорта Mafia2 и .gmt файлов pCars/pCars2. больше нигде пока не используется. если найду как это включается в GTA (однозначно оно там есть, возможо уже сейчас работает по умолчанию как Anisotropic), сделаю и тут.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

2 new vehicle shaders were added on todays gta update. Here the files: https://www.mediafire.com/file/br3adkwr ... rs.7z/file
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

get an update.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

thanks!
there is one vehicle "monster4" from the new DLC, when i import it, there is one "default" shader. I dont have any missing shader messages tho.
I wonder if Zm3 cant read it correctly or Rockstar messed something up? the actual object with this "shader" is not visible and is inside the other object.
here the link of it: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f0jmk3a1 ... r4.7z/file