Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
emtp211

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by emtp211 »

oleg thank you so much i will get on those changes and report back.
emtp211

Post by emtp211 »

on misc_x i dont see the collision on my zmodeler files you reference [pictures below] is zmodeler reordering the collisions somehow ?

and i am not sure how to fix the chasis_low load conflicting, this doesn't happen with earlier versions of this model
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

your misc_x is exported with ID = 0, the same value as chassis. misc_x should not have this ID value, your database of IDs inside zmodeler is probably corrupt by some earlier imports of corrupt files. you can fix this by putting gta_parts.xml file into "Install" folder.

concerning chassis_lowlod, I'm not quite sure, but I had troubles letting player enter the vehicle, and player fall through the ground as soon as he get into the vehicle. I got rid of right slide door collision, removed chassis_lowlod [COL] and enabled "Deformable" on all other collisions to get it fixed. may be you can leave chassis_lowlod and it will still work fine, not sure.
emtp211

Post by emtp211 »

changes the id, but however when i toggle extra_3 on/off it does what is seen in the video, and lags out,

i changed the ID and rearranged the Heinrichy

ID for metal is 166 ?
and glass is 123 ?
is this correct ?

gVAWvBqgNds
emtp211

Post by emtp211 »

gonna re merge in the model and reinstall gta-parts.xml hopefully this will fix the export issue

whats with this merge message ? ?
ZModeler is ready.
Undo block for "Merge" has probably jammed. Please save your scene as .z3d file!
Undo block for "Merge" has probably jammed. Please save your scene as .z3d file!

i see what you mean, when you import the ytf, the chasiss [COL] moves up to misc_x , and this would be caused by having a similar material id in the model ?

sent you the z3d file, not sure why its doing this.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Undo block for "Merge" has probably jammed.
it's ok on long task operation, can be ignored.
your .z3d file is barely the problem (related to part IDs). you should avoid importing .yft files that could have bug inside. fix IDs by installing gta_parts.xml file. Mind it will fix IDs issue until a bugged .yft is imported.

IDs are object identification in a paragraph above. These are not not per-poly "material type ID" you specify, these are irrelevant subjects.

Extras you turn on/off must have a collision, as well as their parent object. Have you got rid of "msc_parts" branch already? Also, it might be necessary to create COLs for children objects of extras that you wish to turn on/off, so the game can toggle them on/off too.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

thanks for the fix!
--------------
another suggestion: the settings on this tools will not be saved after restarting the program:
https://imgur.com/a/k82s9c6
can this be fixed?
-------------------------
btw just found a bug that causes a crash with this scenario:
Clicking on the options of a tool, than "minimize" https://imgur.com/a/IWT4BVz
after that maximize again and closing the options.
emtp211

Post by emtp211 »

Oleg wrote:
Undo block for "Merge" has probably jammed.
it's ok on long task operation, can be ignored.
your .z3d file is barely the problem (related to part IDs). you should avoid importing .yft files that could have bug inside. fix IDs by installing gta_parts.xml file. Mind it will fix IDs issue until a bugged .yft is imported.

IDs are object identification in a paragraph above. These are not not per-poly "material type ID" you specify, these are irrelevant subjects.

Extras you turn on/off must have a collision, as well as their parent object. Have you got rid of "msc_parts" branch already? Also, it might be necessary to create COLs for children objects of extras that you wish to turn on/off, so the game can toggle them on/off too.

yes i removed the mics parts and have been creating coliisions for the extra parts will advise further if this fixes the issues thank you so much
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Gta5KoRn, fixed, fixed.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

Ashton

Post by Ashton »

@Oleg I am having trouble w/ exporting to GTA . Whenever I export the model it was working fine until I opened it up on an autosave and everything shows up when saved as a .yft except headlights/ taillights.. any type of light
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@_Vlad_, the issue in your topic was fixed in recent update (I expect it to be fixed though haven't actually tested). Shader definitions were added in today's update.

@Ashton, can you be more specific on the problem with some more details? I see no problem in export window log, it's all look OK to me.
Ashton

Post by Ashton »

@Oleg I put all the textures for the brakelights and headlights and when i export it they do not show up but in Zmod they are there but as soon as I export to a yft the textures just dissapear and I am getting those same error messages that I posted above whenever I try to export it
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what do you mean by "I export yft the textures just disappear"? do you re-import model back into ZModeler and texture is missing? try loading model into OpenIV and open .yft in OpenIV. Then press More Information -> Shaders, then locate material associated with vehicle lights and check "DetailTexture" entry - it should specify your texture name there.

If it does, the exported model file refers to correct texture name for vehicle lights material. Make sure to add this texture into a .ytd file, so the game can find it too.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, thanks for update.
But, theres another issue i found. When im exporting id2_21_e_propsa.ydr and id2_21_e_propsb.ydr, its crashes game with this error.
Here's ydr and z3d
Models located in x64j.rpf\levels\gta5\_citye\indust_02\id2_21_e.rpf\
In the game its located in this area http://grandtheftdata.com/landmarks/#99 ... irror_Park
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10ZCWL5 ... sp=sharing
Lundy

Post by Lundy »

https://puu.sh/AHdsr/aedf8095e3.png
That's the extreme of the issue. It seems exporting is broken. The car's I export in Zmod and put in to the game don't have any functions. Or at least, barely.
Here's what just usually happens.
https://imgur.com/a/taVnxT9
Car acts as if it's off axes, if I ride down a hill, I don't go down the hill, I stay in a straight line. Parts open very slowly. Ect.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

is your copy of ZModeler up to date? it looks like the vehicle has no mass. try to reimport it and check "MASS" user-defined property on collision objects.
Lundy

Post by Lundy »

The mass is present. I've reinstalled Zmodeler and fully updated it. I've also opened .z3ds of models I know were working previously, exported them, and recorded the same results with the broken physics or w/e. Any car I export with Zmod as of now gets this issue.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

there was a mess with collisions exporting deformed stated in a wrong fashion. press "Damage" button and ensure collision objects deform very slightly. This applies to geometry objects that has Mesh->Vertices->Format->Deformation toggled on.
Lundy

Post by Lundy »

Yes, that 's functioning fine through Zmod.
Lundy

Post by Lundy »

I seemed to have fixed it on my end by changing from the 32-bit version of Zmod to the 64-bit. No clue what's going on there.
Lundy

Post by Lundy »

I've also noticed, extras 6 and 9 aren't functional after export in-game. Zmodeler export will give an error for those two whenever you export with one of them in your hierarchy.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

put gta_parts.xml into Install folder. the file is attached to the sticky guide thread.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

z3d files getting corrupt on the latest version. sometimes there is a crash when trying to open or Texture "(null)" was not found.
i have to reopen the project in another program copy after every save to check if the file isnt corrupted..
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what is the .z3d file size you are working with?
turn of compression in settings. it appears to be a problem with zip-packing of big files on x64 builds.