Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Gta5KoRn »

btw. another weird bug. somehow ALL the dummies in my project became settings from another dummy. like RotX, RotY, RotZ, Flags and Base... How is this happened?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

trying to imagine a code that could execute in zmod and do this... and got no ideas. have you tried to save as another .z3d file, restart ZModeler and see whether problem reproduces on loaded file? may be properties window has jammed somehow. Also, do you use an instanced Create\Copy in your scene? Also, if you change/delete props on one dummy, do other dummy properties get affected too?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

damn, wasted 1 hr to remove all the trash from the dummies, now is everyhing there again......
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

do you have a .z3d file that the problem reproduces on? any observations on when this happens?
do you use an isolated mode for properties accessing or select objects manually?

also, while messing with properties, have you ever noticed properties appearing in "user-defined options" window with no values? e.g. just RotY and no value near it?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i have no idea how this happens. cant reproduce too..
yes, i use iso mode for properties accessing
i never used "instanced" by Create\Copy
the bug appeared while i worked on the model, copied objects, imported another yft files to the scene, UV mapping. But when exactly the bug happend i dont know.
locotomb

Post by locotomb »

I'm having the same issue today, as GtaKorn has. It went away after I export imported. But It came back after save and reload of the z3d file.

I noticed it reappeared while editing properties. I didn't realize I had some Col files Selected when I started. Not sure if thats relevant or not. COL mode or scene wasn't selected. Just the files in heirarchy.
Locotomb
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

when you face this problem, saving a scene as another .z3d file, restarting zmod and reloading the .z3d file does bring the problem back? I mean the properties are actually messed on objects or is it just properties window jamming and showing props for a different object?
locotomb

Post by locotomb »

Properties are changed. I exported model and I tried the vehicle in game. Right away I noticed the wheels wheren't reacting right. The [wheel_lf] was okay but the others were out of range i seamed. Sure enough, I reloaded the model .z3d file (not import) and checked my properties and they where all changed. The weird thing is, the properties keep reverting back to the same ones....
Locotomb
locotomb

Post by locotomb »

I mentioned earlier that the problem went away for a little bit. When it came back, the new set of properties that it reverts too was an accumulation of all the changes I made when It was working.

Sorry for my horrible description, I forget to add that it spreads to all the nodes in the scene. changes all the properties to the same set of properties.
Locotomb
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

do you use the recent addition of Copy and Paste in properties window?
dimaz

Post by dimaz »

В чем может быть проблема с колизией в damage state. На сторой зонозе 315 все нормально, на новой вся колизия в режиме damage сильно повреждена. Cвойства у кол объектов все правельные
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

её можно подправить на уровне вершинок. коллизия выгружает две геометрии - обычную и damaged. зачем она нужна игре - не знаю. damaged геометрия выгружается для объектов, у которых в свойствах properties->mesh->vertices->format включен "deformable".
PenisInMumu

Post by PenisInMumu »

when i try to import something it just crashes, can u help me?
its an .ydd im trying to export..
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have you tried to import any original game file? does crash happen when you save and re-open any scene (e.g. after creating a simple primitive).
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, can u please add shader configuration for "emissivestrong_alpha". The file that contain this shader is sm_22_rcoaster_neon.ydr, which can be found in x64m.rpf\levels\gta5\_cityw\santamon_01\sm_22.rpf\ and shader configuration for "cutout_um". The file that contain this shader is sm_22_rcoaster1f.ydr, which can be found in the same archive (sm_22.rpf)
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

bug?
when i unwrap UV on a object that is on a left side, it sometimes becomes a weird mapping, but when i mirror the object to the right side it becomes a better and clean mapping somehow.
Unwrap with object on the left side: https://i.imgur.com/aHh2WR3.jpg
on the right side: https://i.imgur.com/Xj1j9j6.jpg
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, why ZM changing values after export?
before export
after export

detail settings
1 0.5 1 15
1 2 1 15
0.5 changed to 2, why? in the game bump become too high.... can u fix it?
Vanilla
https://scontent.fhen2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5BB2CBE0
Exported with zm with NO CHANGING ANY VALUES OF MATERIALS
https://scontent.fhen2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5BBD00ED
Beunhaas

Post by Beunhaas »

When exporting a model of mine I keep getting this error ingame:
ERR_STR_FAILURE_3

What could this be?
emtp211

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here invalid fixup

Post by emtp211 »

Oleg every since the update numerous updates my GTA cars and cars for fivem dont export correctly, ive gotton invalid fixup, corrupt installation, and problems with exporting all my models, in game they are missing the bodyshell or will crash the game totally, i have several models that are now dead and cant do nothing with cause they dont load. and when i merge in to fix the issuee the materals and UV mapping will reassign itself, also the materials browser changing the order messes up the model and mapping on half of the model.

in the recent update, when i export my car they barely load in game and lag heavily for a 90K poly model that worked fine previously, also my extra 9 is stuck on and i cant get it to turn off. also the color are off and darker then they should be in ZModeler, in open iv and in game it does not look like this.

so far i have reinstalled zmodeler 4 times and tried using it on a different computer with no luck exporting the model multiple times does not fix the issue either.

Errors:: ERR_STR_FAILURE_3, and Invalid Fixup the updates are not fixing the problem please help

before i added extra components everything worked, and this van works previously just not now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJJ14kiRLnQ

please help
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

there were no changes related to vehicles export (just some code rearrangement in collisions export). If you have a .yft file that works fine in game and the one exported by recent ZModeler (which is not working in game), send me both, so I can compare them for some specific difference.

Concerning parts and extra_9, make sure to put gta_parts.xml file into Install folder to reset parts identification numbers for an exporter.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i found what causes the bug with messed up Dummie's User-Defined Options:
When i select the whole model and change the properties here: https://imgur.com/icuHRsO
after that all the dummies become same settings: https://imgur.com/bwxFnxw
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

confirmed. will inspect and fix asap.
emtp211

Post by emtp211 »

Oleg wrote:there were no changes related to vehicles export (just some code rearrangement in collisions export). If you have a .yft file that works fine in game and the one exported by recent ZModeler (which is not working in game), send me both, so I can compare them for some specific difference.

Concerning parts and extra_9, make sure to put gta_parts.xml file into Install folder to reset parts identification numbers for an exporter.
this is how the model looks in game

sent you the ytf's

i also have an issue with a model i purchased that wont load in game, despite all my efforts i get this error, ERR_STR_FAILURE_3 im stumped on this model as well.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Gta5KoRn, fixed.
@emtp211, will check it shortly.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

your chassis [COL] is located in a wrong branch and is far-far away. Also, chassis COL seems to be conflicting with chassis_lowlod COL (quite likely, not sure on that). Fixing this make the car spawn properly.

Your extra objects are located in a separate part/group named msc_parts. Extras are quite specific objects, they should be linked to a part that has COL object (e.g. chassis, boot, hood, bumper etc.). In some cases, extra part will require it's own COL object too (e.g. when one extra is linked to another).

don't mind missing textures on screenshot, I used to replace buffalo2 model with your vehicle to test it in game.
Attachments
chassis_col.jpg
chassis_extra.jpg