Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

fixed, get an update.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, thanks a lot!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should import model back into empty zmodeler scene and check which lods are available. quite likely both L0 and L1 got exported.
make sure to set Lods export mode to "Autodetect" and always pay attention to a log window concerning the export statistics: e.g.
"Exported all lods but highest. 32 hierarchy nodes, 16 collision components, 2 embedded textures". Lods being exported and amount of embedded textures are a point of your interest on export of your scene.
PenisInMumu

Post by PenisInMumu »

Transparent Model if i import it..
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

for me it looks like flipped inside out... or mirrored on X axis. you should apply Display\Local axes\Reset to world on this object at the very first step. If you get flipped model in zmodeler then, use Modify\Flip tool.
PenisInMumu

Post by PenisInMumu »

thanks dude :D
NorthwindJME

Post by NorthwindJME »

I am having import issues. When I import jester3 the interior textures get messed up. The dials are almost gone. The jester3_hi is all fine no problems loading that. I have not noticed any other car (so far) with this problem. Is this something I have done wrong or is this a bug?
Attachments
texture messed up
texture messed up
what is left of the dials
what is left of the dials
the import settings
the import settings
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

how does it look in OpenIV (original model, before it is imported into zmod)?
NorthwindJME

Post by NorthwindJME »

I am not sure if this is the information you are looking for.
Attachments
jester.yft
jester.yft
I spotted this
I spotted this
jester_hi
jester_hi
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope, I was wondering whether original non-edited model shows correct uv-mapping in OpenIV. So a screenshot of a model with preloaded textures was a point of interest.
NorthwindJME

Post by NorthwindJME »

Ah, it would appear that your software is not the problem. Thanks for your time.
Attachments
Untitled3 (2).png
the _hi is fine
the _hi is fine
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

bug: shader veh_shuts doesnt save the diffuse color in the color parameters more after one of the latest zm updates.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it uses common logic on material paint. It is allowed to accept PAINT keyword, if it's present, material is painted into a changeable game color;
when no PAINT keyword is given, color from diffuse selection box will be used, unless it's not any shade of grey color (Red, Green and Blue are not identical).

So, if you want a non-paint version of vehicle_shuts, remove PAINT keyword, remove "matDiffuseColor" from user-defined options, give a color in Diffuse color selector and ensure Red Green and Blue are not identical (e.g. use 192, 192, 191 instead of 192, 192, 192).
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

ah ok, thanks, good to know
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Hello Oleg, i recently tried to make a map mod and found few things out. when i export the map as YDR with "skeletal" activated, the shadows are "jumping" in the game, but the Collision seems to work perfect. But when i export with "skeletal" deactivated, the shadows are fine in the game, but the COLs have holes. Is it possible to fix one of this bugs?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what game model file to you replace? I'll check, as some map YDR files come with skeleton (and should be skeletal), but most of them are non-skeletal. Also, what sort of COL do you mean, is this a "property" element placed on map, or a land/surface map object?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i didnt replace a game model. i made a custom ydr file as addon, to use with Addon props mod https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/addonprops
and spawned with menyoo trainer https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/menyoo-pc-sp (Object spooner section)
i can send you z3d of this map mod if you need to test.
this is actually not a proper map, because it doesnt have collisions (ybn) like on vanilla gta maps etc.
you can consider it as a prop with .mesh and .[COL]
PenisInMumu

Post by PenisInMumu »

Yo, i dont wanna talk long so ill just explain it with small words..

in zmodeler my model looks good everything ok weight ok, and configured (i think) right.

but when i export it, in the .ydd file some parts are "spiking" out..

dunno why this problem is here, dunno what to do, would be awesome if anyone can help me:

SCREEN- https://imgur.com/a/vJLQfHb
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

try rigging\influence\normalize.

(test in game)

if possible, locate the problematic vertex and check which bone is affecting it (after "normalize" tool). then paint influence of "correct" bone onto such a vertex or, preferable, CTRL+paint (to reduce/remove) influence of bones that should not affect such a vertex.
PenisInMumu

Post by PenisInMumu »

what shall i do with the normalize tool?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

click on a mesh object in viewport.
PenisInMumu

Post by PenisInMumu »

thanks a lot
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

question: when i select an object in the UV window and go to poly mode, and then select the polygons in the UV window, it is randomly looks like this: https://imgur.com/oKwPiKS
the polygons of the model are visible in another windows and selected polys in UV are green.
but sometimes, after going to poly mode it looks like this: https://imgur.com/AK5YBvb the polygons of the model in the another windows arent visible and selected polys are black.
I dont really understand how exactly this happens and how can i choose between this 2 modes?
and another question: is this possible to select the polygons on an object from the UV Mapping? i mean that these "green / black" polygons get selected on the actual object. If not, is this possible to implement this feature?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I suspect "black" mode is a sort of a bug. I can't reproduce it here, may be related to scene or changes on "default material".
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i just figured out how this both variants happen. To make polygons visible its is needed to navigate with the mouse on the object first, so it becomes "blue", and after this left mouse click in the UV view with "poly" mode activated.