Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

reset all collision axes "Orientation" to world. It could be possible to have axes flipped inside-out.
pastrylicker

Post by pastrylicker »

When I export a scene to .yft, some of the meshes don't have any normals.
specifically the tire mesh.

In zmodeler:

in game:

As you can see, the model in-game appears flat. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a bug?
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

Hi Oleg! Thank you very much for import/export ydr.
I've already made wheel for Los Santos Customs, but if im put it in the Los Santos Customs, and then put the standard wheel, the game crashes, it's not just me, but my friend too (a different wheel). Can you fix it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@ pastrylicker, wheel model should have normals and tangents; make sure to apply "Calculate" tool to an object.

ydr export is currently under research, I've messed something while testing scenery objects. :(
pastrylicker

Post by pastrylicker »

Oleg wrote:@ pastrylicker, wheel model should have normals and tangents; make sure to apply "Calculate" tool to an object.
Thank you, enabling tangents worked!
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg wrote:object exceeds 64K vertices per-object limit. Use "Group" instead of attach on such a models. You can assign "Group" as L0 onto compound object later.

Objects can't be edited when they are in group, so make sure to apply required modifications and material assignment prior putting object into a group.
when i assign a "group" as L0 object the other parts in the group come "outside" from the group, so there only one object as L0...
vans123
Beginner

Post by vans123 »

@Oleg Thanks alot man! first time i have worked with zmodeler and at the start i had alot of frustrating steps but you helped me alot! made it to fix every single bug and my car now is as good as any from Rockstargames!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Gta5KoRn, you select regular non-group, non-compound objects in a hierarchy view and press "Group" (object should be in the same hierarchy, no in parent-child relations). the group is bold and underlined. Then you can assign this group as L0 onto compound the same way you assign any other object to L0, L1.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

@Oleg
Any news about researching mirror_decal shader?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg wrote:@Gta5KoRn, you select regular non-group, non-compound objects in a hierarchy view and press "Group" (object should be in the same hierarchy, no in parent-child relations). the group is bold and underlined. Then you can assign this group as L0 onto compound the same way you assign any other object to L0, L1.
ok, i understood now :D thanks!!!
mattjeter

Post by mattjeter »

Oleg wrote:@ pastrylicker, wheel model should have normals and tangents; make sure to apply "Calculate" tool to an object.

ydr export is currently under research, I've messed something while testing scenery objects. :(
How is the ydr export research going? I have found something very cool in terms of different wheels, and it works fine. Once you equip the new wheel it's fine for about a few seconds then when you drive around for a few seconds the game crashes. I've been testing it for a day so far.

Wondering how that research is coming along. The wheel works fine until you drive around with it for a few seconds, the game just crashes without an error code.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg, can you give an advice, that the doors open at the right position in game. i know i should move the dummies, but its really hard to find the right position. i have to always start the game to test. Is there any easier way to do this?
adshud

Post by adshud »

So I was testing the car I've been converting and editing and I uh encountered something new for me - when I open the hood, the hood breaks off and an entire copy of the bodyshell, interior, hubs and other miscellaneous items that aren't connected to each other pops off along with it, the hood and the boot opens fine and so do the doors, windows etc. It seems when the hood/boot gets detached this weird bug happens. Have no idea what's happening and it doesn't seem like someone else in the forums has encountered it

Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Hi, Oleg
We haven’t met any problems in car models you made with ZModeler 3 for GTA V, that may effect game play negatively. Thanks for this. For the last week, we have been working on motorbike models and share completed projects with people, but there is a case with motorbike mods.
Some users, when they add these mods to te game, experience game crash with a memory error when they spawn a vehicle with any trainers. We haven’t met such a problem during preparation and test process of the mod. Do you know why there is such a problem in some computers only in motorbike mods?
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

@Oleg or anyone Help me fast please
my bugatti (adder) always spawn with gray color, always need to change color with trainer :( how change this gray color to other color by default ?? for example red for paint1 and black for paint2
aboodilatif

Post by aboodilatif »

two main bugs are not going away no matter what i try

1. wheels do not appear
2. paint has a brown hue

ingame:
http://i.imgur.com/lniacIR.jpg

zmod heirerachy:
http://i.imgur.com/i2d7pdB.jpg

any help would be greatly appreciated
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@mattjeter, my game crashes prior I could reach tuning/customs box to install wheels, so I can't test wheels modding. this is under research at the moment.

@Gta5KoRn, use "Local" axes mode in ZModeler, turn off "Pivot" button in the bottom and use "Rotate" tool so you can rotate the door object around it's local axes (X, Y or Z) in ZModeler and see whether it opens/closes fine or not.

@adshud, this seems to be related to collision of the hood object. try to use original collision volumes on most of parts (where possible). Make sure to assign correct "Flags" onto part (hood should have "Flags" with value "E"), and make sure to use original vehicle values for "E" property of all "[COL]" objects. Also, in rare cases a settings of "Default compatibility Flags" inside properties window should be retained. These flags are unknown (enable "Unnamed flags" option in "Settings -> Compatibility" first, so you can see these unknown flags in Properties window).

@Z@gor, I haven't been testing bike models at all. Send me in PM any of models that produce game crash on spawn.

@aboodilatif, what are structure components of [wheel_lf] (shown in a list above hierarchy, when you pick [wheel_lf] in a hierarchy view). It should be "Default", "L0" and optionally "L1" listed there. When you toggle off "L0", "L1", and "COL" buttons on top, select wheel dummy node and expand properties; double-click "User-defined options" and ensure there is an option named "Flags" there (add it if not avail) and it has value "AE" on wheel_lf, and "A" on all other wheels. (AE is also used on chassis too).
vans123
Beginner

Post by vans123 »

@Oleg how can i make the file to retain ID's? i cloned my brakelight and attached it to my tailight to use it as tailight too but i change ID from 9 to 3/4, export and ingame the piece i cloned and attached is still being used as brakelight and not tailight.

I tried changing ID before attaching it and still detects 9, any tool for cleaning ID or what can i do?
aboodilatif

Post by aboodilatif »

@oleg

I have followed your instructions per what you said and have also followed your youtube video on how to convert.. the wheels are still invisible.
linked are screens

Dummy Properties before creating compound material again.
http://i.imgur.com/jYXT04b.jpg

hierarchy
http://i.imgur.com/e0QISWg.jpg

rim materials
http://i.imgur.com/Vh5rOTZ.jpg

export messages
http://i.imgur.com/CJhAEaq.jpg

also the default while color for the car is brown with weird dark spots.. i'm sure that I am missing something very obvious but cant pinpoint it
thanks again for your help
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@vans123, IDs on vertices have higher priority to IDs on polygons. set per-vertex ID to 0 if you use poly IDs.

@aboodilatif, wheel object can use material adapted to "vehicle_tire" only. Your wheel tire, rims, brake disk are all have to be adapted to "vehicle_tire", as this is the only material rendered for the wheel object in game.

paint material uses "alloy_silver" flakes texture on UV#1 (DETAIL, SPECMAP slots) and bump-map texture on BUMPMAP slot if i'm not mistaken and a regular vehicle_genericdirtmud.dds on MASK slot. when material is exported, all texture slots have to be equipped with texture. An associated texture should be accessible for the game, so if you use your own texture, put it into the model+hi.ytd and put a low-resolution version of texture to model.ytd.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Oleg why not answer my question :(
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg, any updates on ydr?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Mister Brooks, no ideas. does AI spawns of your model appears always the same color too?
@Chasez, I'm working on it atm.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Oleg wrote:@Mister Brooks, no ideas. does AI spawns of your model appears always the same color too?.
no, when add my bugatti to carvariations.meta to change color value, always spawn with gray color, and i can't tuningable, but when remove my car from carvariations.meta all work fine but showing lights of adder
any other idea to change light value with can tuningable car ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this does not seem to be related to zmodeler and model export. it's up to a setting of your vehicle in .meta files and game scripts.