How to remove the polygons from the skin under the clothes?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Sun2k

How to remove the polygons from the skin under the clothes?

Post by Sun2k »

Hello to all

I have a Ped with clothes and I would like to know what is the best way to remove the polygons from the mesh (the skin) that is under the clothes in order to optimize it?

For example: My Ped has a tank top, how to remove the polygons from the skin while respecting the contour of the tank top

Thank you for your answer.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: How to remove the polygons from the skin under the clothes?

Post by Oleg »

in most of cases, Select\Separated can select polygons that are not interconnected with other geometry. For example, if this ped model was made from body (torso) as one object and then merged together with top outfit/cloths object, then "Separated" selection tool on polygons level can detect this and perform selection of fragments.

Given that, you can select cloths polygons and hide them (Display\Hide) in several iterations, revealing underlying body polygons. Then you can select/delete body polygons easily. Use Display\Show to unhide hidden polygons.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Thank you. Yes my Ped was made from body as one object and then merged together with cloths object

If I understand correctly and tell me if I'm wrong, instead of using the Display\Hide tool to reveal the underlying body polygons I can simply check/uncheck the "Tank top" box of my object in the Sturcture part on the left?

The problem is when I select the polygons in the front view then I also select the polygons in the back view. Is there a solution to this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I strongly advise to read or view the basic guides on ZModeler2 or ZModeler3 and always mess around with tools on different levels and see what's going on. most of your questions are because you are trying to fly when you haven't learned how to walk or run. Don't make such a jump, start from very basics, on what the object is, what it is made of, how vertices are interconnected and what tools do the job on the very low level with vertices and polygons.

a very handy is to learn how to use perspective view to work, as in most of cases, this is the view to perform selection on geometry sub-levels. It is barely possible to understand what exactly have you selected when you look at front or left view. you can clearly see what is selected when you work in perspective view. learn how to zoom, pan and change field of view (perspective angle) in perspective view with mouse button and keys on keyboard, this will speed up every bit of the task you will do further.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Thank you and you are right but I have not found the tutorials (documentation) on the zmodeler 3 site since the beginning of my trial