Uv Mapping cant move the mesh

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
popomouse01

Uv Mapping cant move the mesh

Post by popomouse01 »

Im trying to create a dynamic lights for a car but when I UV map the part that I'm trying to do it I cant move the mesh or even select it .

here's the uv mapping settings that I'm using I tried disabling and enable most of them but still cant move the object mesh or select it.
Attachments
uvp2.png
uvp.png
Last edited by popomouse01 on Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Uv Mapping cant move the mesh

Post by Oleg »

do not use unwrap mode, this is not likely the mode you actually need. use "From viewport XY".
popomouse01

Post by popomouse01 »

yeah i used the From viewpoint XY as well but I cant still move or select the mesh
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

close uv mapper and open it again. then use edit uv again.
popomouse01

Post by popomouse01 »

oh sorry just new here how to close the uv mapper? i don't see any option to close it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

change viewport to any other and then change it back to UVMapper.

UVMapper will clear itself when all UV Mapper viewports are closed. So, if you have to UV Mapper views opened, change them both to, say, Front view.

P.S. On your screenshot an original object is still in vertices mode. You can't move anything in UV Mapper until you switch back to objects level (4). Then you can hover an object in UV Mapper and switch it, say, to "Polygons" level (3) and select/move/rotate/scale fragments in UVMapper window.
popomouse01

Post by popomouse01 »

Oleg wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:45 pm change viewport to any other and then change it back to UVMapper.

UVMapper will clear itself when all UV Mapper viewports are closed. So, if you have to UV Mapper views opened, change them both to, say, Front view.

P.S. On your screenshot an original object is still in vertices mode. You can't move anything in UV Mapper until you switch back to objects level (4). Then you can hover an object in UV Mapper and switch it, say, to "Polygons" level (3) and select/move/rotate/scale fragments in UVMapper window.
Big thanks for the help , i was able learn on what I'm doing wrong kudos to you :!: