Model

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Bremi85

Model

Post by Bremi85 »

Hello, maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I can't get rid of the legs on my leg.LG Bremi
Attachments
narbe am bein Zmodeler.PNG
Narbe am bein.PNG
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Model

Post by Oleg »

can you make a close hi-res shot of the problem in game? And a screenshot of this part from ZModeler's UV Mapper (the layout of mapping on a texture).
Currently, I assume this is a texture issue when texture has no enough pixels drawn out of bounds of mapping element in the same color as the mapped element's border. when texture's resolution is changed (e.g. lower-quality mip level of texture picked up by directX), this artifacts become visible. If you take a look on original ped textures, you can see they have drawn the elements and some 5-20 pixels outer of the element with the same color - this is to avoid the texture mip/scaling artifacts.

if the geometry in game has physically disjoint vertices, then you need to perfectly match vertices rigging on the seam. You can use "Preset" mode with Pick from vertex picker to read from one vertex and "Fill selection" to apply read preset to selected pair of vertices on a seam.
Bremi85

Post by Bremi85 »

Attachments
Narbe uv mapping.PNG
20230205200946_1.jpg
20230205201013_1.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I would suggest to put temporary generic "color square" textures instead of main texture, specular texture and bump texture (grey, white and rgb(128, 128, 255) respectively) and test in game. Just to find out whether issue is related to texture(s) or not.