Spawning vehicle freezes GTA 5

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
nmd1

Spawning vehicle freezes GTA 5

Post by nmd1 »

I am working on a truck for GTA 5 and it spawns fine besides when I add different mirrors. The mirrors are from a .obj file and I used preexisting materials and textures from the rest of the truck in ZModeler. When I spawn in the vehicle my game freezes completely with no errors and I have to restart my PC to fix it.

I did get the truck to spawn with the mirrors successfully once when the mirrors were set as extras but setting them as misc_a and misc_b for each door freezes the game. I tried making them extras again and they still freeze the game. I do not know what could be the problem, I thought maybe it is the original .obj file that was corrupt but I was able to spawn it in-game once so I am at a loss.

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

Included the file below.
Attachments
mirrors.z3d
(887.42 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Spawning vehicle freezes GTA 5

Post by Oleg »

looks like the game does not like the hierarchy changes. make sure there are no duplicates of object names. Alternatively, attach mirrors to doors explicitly with Modify\Attach tool, so they are not a separate objects. Also, it might be a model configuration (metadata file) that tells the game the "misc_**" object comes with it's own collision, and your mirror object has no collision. Copy door's collision object and adjust vertices to refine the shape - then rename and put this object as misc_a collision for your mirror and test in game. sometimes adding collision solves the issue. Alternatively, if your mirror objects have collision, try to remove it - may be it causes the problem.

other than that, what is the size of the .yft file you get after exporting (with and without mirrors)?