Collision issues

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
mrsn1tchy

Collision issues

Post by mrsn1tchy »

I have just put a light bar on a jeep and when i spawn it from a trainer all of the collision are correct, However when I spawn the car through our parking system the collision does not follow so i can walk through it. Anyone have any ideas on what is happening
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Collision issues

Post by Oleg »

when you have exported the model, everything was re-crated from scene data including collision data. Yet ZModeler-generated collision could be bugged and you might see some of collision volumes not work in different scenarios (e.g. player can walk through the bumper and hood, but car can still push objects in scene with bumper and a road signs can fall and lay on the hood). If this is somewhat look alike to your issue, then some of COL objects in exported model is bugged (mostly related to chassis and door objects).

Toggle COL state on Structure panel and press "Damage" button there. Inspect all collision objects and make sure they have no flipping inside-out. The "Damage" button makes vertices of collisions to move slightly and in some cases this might lead to collision polygon(s) to flip when points move too far. Especially on vehicle doors. you are free to move them slightly so no flip occurs. Then toggle off "Damage" button, export and test in game.

If still no luck, apply "Double collision" fix to chassis [COL] object.
The idea of "double" collision is to have two identical collision geometry objects grouped together as single object and be converted to compound as "COL". To do this, dismiss "chassis [COL]" first. Then create a copy of it. Select one of the objects (original or a copy, doesn't matter) and toggle OFF in Properties page the "Mesh->Vertices->Format" the "Deformable" option. Press Apply and hide this COL. Select another (the identical copy) and set this option ON. So, one of object has "Deformable", another - has not. Unhide them, select both objects in hierarchy and use "Group" button to combine them together. Then press "COL" state button and use "Convert to compound" to convert this "group" into COL collision. Export and test. If you have done everything right, it should work in game.