UVMapping Objects Names

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Zerise

UVMapping Objects Names

Post by Zerise »

So somewhat recently, I wanted to UVMap a car and to fix individual multiple parts, I hide some objects in the UVMapping View but I realized they all have incorrect names.
They are all compounds, since they need to be to work ingame correctly and before in the Objects tab, it would show the name of the compound.
Now it shows the names of the original object, which makes it very much harder. Since mostly they dont have any name or the name of the old part I detached them from.
Is it possible for this to get fixed or did I do something wrong? I sometimes uvmap with 50+ parts, so its a big mess now.
Thanks in advance
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: UVMapping Objects Names

Post by Oleg »

Do you mean the object names like "New uv-map for ...." names? I'll put this in my todo list. Even though the fix is very simple, I can't supply it right now as my ZModeler version is incompatible with the one you use.

If I miss to fix this in new update for some reason, bump the post again to remind me this issue please.
Zerise

Post by Zerise »

In the hierarchy list are the compounds I created a uvmap for and thats how they look in the object list.
The two bodyshell parts are wing_lf and wing_rf, since they previously were part of the bodyshell but I seperated them.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ok, got it.