ZM3 Vertex render problem

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
angel-wt

ZM3 Vertex render problem

Post by angel-wt »

Why is there a lot of problems with ZM3 vertex rendering, what is the reason, I have been using ZM2 rendering, but ZM2 is very inconvenient, especially for models with high polygons, I noticed early on that ZM3 rendering, but the results are not very good, there will be some color blocks, what is the reason for all this.And there is a problem, the two sides of the color brightness is not uniform, one side to be slightly darker, usually the right.
zm2 1
zm2 1
zm2 2
zm2 2
zm3 1
zm3 1
zm3 2
zm3 2
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: ZM3 Vertex render problem

Post by Oleg »

Make sure the rendering device in ZModeler is set to Hardware@(your video device).

Second, render in ZModeler3 depends on shader you have set on material. Especially if you have a shader with bump-mapping.

The final render depends on per-vertex color, per-vertex normal and a set of textures the shader applies to surface. ZModeler2 has no shaders, it uses build-in device rendering code.

Can't give any more advice given just these screenshots.
If you can localize the issue to a pair of small objects one next to another (on the left side and on the right side) so I can clearly see what exactly are you talking about.

Black stuff on a model looks like rendering artifacts that are more likely to happen on a wrong device selected. For example, I have artifacts on Intel build-in device and works fine when I select nVidia device.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

In fact, I want to ask how to solve this problem, I follow your settings are set up, but still this problem, my graphics card is amd 6800XT
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:36 am Make sure the rendering device in ZModeler is set to Hardware@(your video device).

Second, render in ZModeler3 depends on shader you have set on material. Especially if you have a shader with bump-mapping.

The final render depends on per-vertex color, per-vertex normal and a set of textures the shader applies to surface. ZModeler2 has no shaders, it uses build-in device rendering code.

Can't give any more advice given just these screenshots.
If you can localize the issue to a pair of small objects one next to another (on the left side and on the right side) so I can clearly see what exactly are you talking about.

Black stuff on a model looks like rendering artifacts that are more likely to happen on a wrong device selected. For example, I have artifacts on Intel build-in device and works fine when I select nVidia device.
In fact, I want to ask how to solve this problem, I follow your settings are set up, but still this problem, my graphics card is amd 6800XT

I believe I'm not the only one who has this problem, most of the mod makers I know are still using ZM2 for rendering, my friends have tried it since ZM3 was first released, so I've been using ZM2 for rendering, and I think most people would like to know what the reason is.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I see. The issue might be related to the detail level of the model itself, but I can't give a hand on this subject currently, as my version of ZModeler is not yet ready to debug code neither to provide any update. Please remind me on this subject when version 3.3.0 is available, I'll take a look.

Meanwhile, have you tried to use "Self shadows" tool instead? you can create a light-occluder objects to simulate similar light direction (skylight), it's way slower on computation but gives more accurate result.
Here's an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0eKj-loZmU
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:20 am I see. The issue might be related to the detail level of the model itself, but I can't give a hand on this subject currently, as my version of ZModeler is not yet ready to debug code neither to provide any update. Please remind me on this subject when version 3.3.0 is available, I'll take a look.

Meanwhile, have you tried to use "Self shadows" tool instead? you can create a light-occluder objects to simulate similar light direction (skylight), it's way slower on computation but gives more accurate result.
Here's an example:
sorry for not getting back to you in time. :)

I have tried, the rendered shadow effect for individual models is not very good, I guess it should be related to the model wiring, if optimized again I believe it should be similar to the effect of MAX rendering. In addition, I would like to ask the future ZM3.3 will solve the problem of sluggish response? (including each model view.) I know it is not easy to develop software to solve the problem from there, but I still hope to solve this problem.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:20 am I see. The issue might be related to the detail level of the model itself, but I can't give a hand on this subject currently, as my version of ZModeler is not yet ready to debug code neither to provide any update. Please remind me on this subject when version 3.3.0 is available, I'll take a look.

Here's an example:
Is there time to fix this problem?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

send me a screenshot of the problem and the .z3d file for download.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:04 am send me a screenshot of the problem and the .z3d file for download.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T4kXCm ... sp=sharing

In addition, there seems to be a new model encryption method recently, which is similar to fivem CFX encryption (after encryption, it cannot be imported into ZM, and it will prompt the Can not unpack given file. file:gtarageimport.cpp line:112 ), neither openiv nor CodeWalker can be opened or decrypted (I don't know whether it can be decrypted or not), but it can be generated normally in the game. If you have a way to apply this encryption method to zm3, I will thank you ~
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

send me any .yft file that has the issue specified above (can't opened in openiv but can be spawned in game) too.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:51 am send me any .yft file that has the issue specified above (can't opened in openiv but can be spawned in game) too.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EsaiqW ... sp=sharing
I think this file should be encrypted by a third party tool, which should be similar to the RW tool used by sa. This is just my guess.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes, the file data is either compressed or encrypted and has some indication that this is not a regular file. I guess this requires some ASI plugin to be installed in game to work, so the game unpackes/decrypts such files on load.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:04 pm yes, the file data is either compressed or encrypted and has some indication that this is not a regular file. I guess this requires some ASI plugin to be installed in game to work, so the game unpackes/decrypts such files on load.
Incredible, as far as I know, only a few people know how to encrypt, but most of them will not disclose the method, but I see that it seems that there is no need for asi plug-in to decode and run, do you have a way to introduce this encryption into ZM?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

No, I do not have any skill in encryption, so only if I am given the code that does this... I assume those who use this method to protect files are afraid of the method to be revealed, so it's clear they'll barely consider to share the knowledge.

On the other hand, I and coders of OpenIV have an agreement to respect model locking info inside .yft/.ydr files and never broke the rule. ZModeler does not load locked models from OpenIV (OpenFormats), neither OpenIV lets export to OpenFormats models locked by ZModeler. It was a third-party that broke the rule years later.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:59 pm No, I do not have any skill in encryption, so only if I am given the code that does this... I assume those who use this method to protect files are afraid of the method to be revealed, so it's clear they'll barely consider to share the knowledge.

On the other hand, I and coders of OpenIV have an agreement to respect model locking info inside .yft/.ydr files and never broke the rule. ZModeler does not load locked models from OpenIV (OpenFormats), neither OpenIV lets export to OpenFormats models locked by ZModeler. It was a third-party that broke the rule years later.

Oh, well, it's a pity~

This means that some people can change other people's models at will, but they can't do anything about it. Thank you for your answer.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

How's it going? Is there any progress on the repair of the render?
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Missing shader
Attachments
2148.png
2148.png (6.96 KiB) Viewed 1433 times
bh1_43_golf_1a.zip
(145.46 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

angel-wt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:47 pm How's it going? Is there any progress on the repair of the render?
send me the model file again please. I remind I was exploring this issue and was able to reproduce the rendering issue you have, but I can't remind whether any solution was found on this matter or not. If I'm not mistaken, you have used for direct lights and "Prelit" tool, while it was suggested to use "SelfShadows" tool instead.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:55 pm
angel-wt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:47 pm How's it going? Is there any progress on the repair of the render?
send me the model file again please. I remind I was exploring this issue and was able to reproduce the rendering issue you have, but I can't remind whether any solution was found on this matter or not. If I'm not mistaken, you have used for direct lights and "Prelit" tool, while it was suggested to use "SelfShadows" tool instead.

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T_Q7qnRQ7sLqNhhon_uJLn9jZhZmD5tT/view?usp=sharing
ok
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Fixed. Get an update.

Other than the issue with non-shaded (black objects), there was an issue with artifacts addressed when "force colors" option was used. An updated code can evaluate a slightly different light/shadow final color when "force colors" is used in combination with multiple light sources. So, if you have some models or model components/upgrades that ware prelit earlier, then you should prelit then again to be used with newly-shaded models to avoid color mismatch.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:28 pm Fixed. Get an update.

Other than the issue with non-shaded (black objects), there was an issue with artifacts addressed when "force colors" option was used. An updated code can evaluate a slightly different light/shadow final color when "force colors" is used in combination with multiple light sources. So, if you have some models or model components/upgrades that ware prelit earlier, then you should prelit then again to be used with newly-shaded models to avoid color mismatch.
It's great. It's a great restoration.Thank you very much. I think mod Author should all be happy with this fix. This saves a lot of time, can the missing shader the ydr fixed?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

May you make me a set of screenshots of bh1_43_golf_1a model in game? Perfectly a bird's eye view and some close-up shots. In particular, the grass "here and there..."
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:28 pm Fixed. Get an update.

It looks more layered and feels like a superposition of multiple textures, similar to PED fur.
215301.png
6215128.png
6215156.jpg
Last edited by angel-wt on Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

215218.jpg