No facial animation bug

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Legendkiller176

No facial animation bug

Post by Legendkiller176 »

Hello,
I've an issue with facial animation of my ped. All rigging and weights painting are ok in Zmodeler.
In game arms/torso/legs/eyes is animated but the face is static like it's weigth painted in full red on SKEL_head branch.
I've not modified the original skeleton, all mesh parts are setup in properties with 4 max rigging bones

I've never had this bug before and i've make more 30 peds. I've tried re copied weights paint of another ped of GTA 5 but with no result.

I join screenshots of my ped with weights paint of his face.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Capture d’écran (108).png
Capture d’écran (109).png
Capture d’écran (110).png
Capture d’écran (111).png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: No facial animation bug

Post by Oleg »

how does this look when you re-import your model back into ZModeler?
Also, what is the "MaxBones" value set on "Preferences->Filters->GTARage" branch in "Settings->Profile->Editor" window?
Legendkiller176

Oleg wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:41 am how does this look when you re-import your model back into ZModeler?
Also, what is the "MaxBones" value set on "Preferences->Filters->GTARage" branch in "Settings->Profile->Editor" window?
Thank to replied me.
I've re-imported him and it's weird i can't see the weights paint on head (sceenshots joined), the "MaxBones" is setup on 200 in editor window.
Attachments
Capture d’écran (112).png
Capture d’écran (113).png
Capture d’écran (114).png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you pick the Rigging\Influence\Paint tool and hover some vertex on a skull to see the bones weight readout (it will appear in top-left corner showing affecting bones and their weights). then do the same with the export-imported model. I would like to see what bones are assigned instead of original.
Also, check the "Bone ID" option on the associated facial bones, what values are on these facial there?
Legendkiller176

Oleg wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:05 am may you pick the Rigging\Influence\Paint tool and hover some vertex on a skull to see the bones weight readout (it will appear in top-left corner showing affecting bones and their weights). then do the same with the export-imported model. I would like to see what bones are assigned instead of original.
Also, check the "Bone ID" option on the associated facial bones, what values are on these facial there?
Check screenshots
Attachments
Original ped
Original ped
Original ped
Original ped
re imported ped
re imported ped
re imported ped
re imported ped
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You have a .skel inside "Ellie" and a .skel inside .global branch. Which skeleton the geometry is actually bind to? There should be no .skel inside Ellie branch for proper export scenario.
Legendkiller176

Oleg wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:41 am You have a .skel inside "Ellie" and a .skel inside .global branch. Which skeleton the geometry is actually bind to? There should be no .skel inside Ellie branch for proper export scenario.
Don't worry about .global branch in first screenshots it's just gta ped model inside for weights painting copy.
Skeleton is binded to Ellie branch
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

does the skeleton in Ellie branch has the facial bones upon reimport? are their Bone ID the same as they were before you exported? Move skeleton from Ellie branch into global branch (remove original) and export again. The skeleton being located in .global branch has specific export scenario that is preferable for ped models.
Legendkiller176

Oleg wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:08 pm does the skeleton in Ellie branch has the facial bones upon reimport? are their Bone ID the same as they were before you exported? Move skeleton from Ellie branch into global branch (remove original) and export again. The skeleton being located in .global branch has specific export scenario that is preferable for ped models.
Yes facial bones still here after re import and always the same bone ID.

I've tried to move skel in global branch and re export but always no animations in game.
Legendkiller176

Oleg wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:08 pm does the skeleton in Ellie branch has the facial bones upon reimport? are their Bone ID the same as they were before you exported? Move skeleton from Ellie branch into global branch (remove original) and export again. The skeleton being located in .global branch has specific export scenario that is preferable for ped models.
Any solutions ?

I've retried for fix it, rebind new skeleton, copied new weights paint but always same damn result ( perfect painting in Zmod, no facial animation in game )
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

unfortunately, I can't be of more help currently as my dev build of ZModeler is not available for in-depth explore of this issue. I see something is messed on export and bones influence is lost (bone #0 is assigned instead), so this seems to be a bug in export. once I restore ZModeler functionality, I could be able to assist further, but I can't give any reasonable time frame on this matter currently. The internal upgrade of ZModeler's core has started with a lot of code to be updated on this way.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you send me your .z3d file in private message (the original scene with correct weights) ?
Legendkiller176

Oleg wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:09 pm unfortunately, I can't be of more help currently as my dev build of ZModeler is not available for in-depth explore of this issue. I see something is messed on export and bones influence is lost (bone #0 is assigned instead), so this seems to be a bug in export. once I restore ZModeler functionality, I could be able to assist further, but I can't give any reasonable time frame on this matter currently. The internal upgrade of ZModeler's core has started with a lot of code to be updated on this way.
Ok no problem, i understand. I will convert a new ped just for check if this bug returns. And yes i will send u my scene by mp.