Can you select more than one object in vertex mode?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Maxdugen

Can you select more than one object in vertex mode?

Post by Maxdugen »

Is it possible to select more than one object in vertex mode? After selecting one, I can’t click any other object until going back to object mode. Is there a way to move vertex of multiple objects at once?

Also, when you have vertex selected there are all this orange lines coming out of the object in all directions, makes it hard to see what you’re moving, is there a way to turn that off?

Sorry if these are dumb questions I’m still learning zmodeler, thanks in advance!
Seb5a

Re: Can you select more than one object in vertex mode?

Post by Seb5a »

Maxdugen wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:09 am Is it possible to select more than one object in vertex mode? After selecting one, I can’t click any other object until going back to object mode. Is there a way to move vertex of multiple objects at once?

Also, when you have vertex selected there are all this orange lines coming out of the object in all directions, makes it hard to see what you’re moving, is there a way to turn that off?

Sorry if these are dumb questions I’m still learning zmodeler, thanks in advance!
First select all object in object mode with Quadr or hold Alt and left click on something in hierarchy to select it and when you have few objects selected go to vertex mode.
And I don't know if you can turn it off from second question.
Maxdugen

Post by Maxdugen »

Thank you!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

normal lines pointing out of vertices are always drawn on active/selected vertices when vertices mode is on. You can make them shorter so they are barely seen. Settings->General, then views->meshes and set "Normals length" to something like 0.05.

Edit: the "Show normals" option there will turn normals off.