Bones.

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
realityenb

Bones.

Post by realityenb »

How to move bones/axis when an animation is loaded? Every time an animation is loaded, it preserves the animation data and moves some parts back down depicted by the .ycd contents. I did it before and I don't know if it was just me trying out different things or it's not possible.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Bones.

Post by Oleg »

active animation suppresses object position/rotation if the associated object/bone is controlled by animation track. You can use "Free mode" for this.
realityenb

Post by realityenb »

Will the bones move after moving them via ''Free Mode''? That's what I'm trying to achieve. They're just down below my rigged piece, so I'm trying to move them up without the animation moving it back down.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

no, animation will alter associated (controlled) objects position/rotation with respect to animation tracks data. Unless you apply changes to animation track data, controlled object will do what animation track tells it to do.

I'm not quite sure what are you trying to achieve. If you need bone to be not affected by animation, you can delete associated track from animation. If you still need bone to be animated, you have to create an animation data for it. Using "Free Mode" and "Set key" buttons for example.
realityenb

Post by realityenb »

Thanks again. One last question, how do you make parts spin like f_blade for example? Is this possible via user properties?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I don't know what "f_blade" is. May you show a screenshot as an example?
realityenb

Post by realityenb »

Yeah, it’s the fans for an engine radiator or something along those lines.

Some cars on GTA V uses this feature already.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you specify the original vehicle that uses this? and/or send me a .yft file, I'll take a look.
realityenb

Post by realityenb »

The Annis Nightmare ZR380 has this feature. There's a bike as well, but don't know the name of it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what is the file name of this bike in game to search for?
realityenb

Post by realityenb »

It's called the ''Deathbike''. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oFFH97 ... MOTORSPORT

Here's a video showcasing the blades spinning, around the 3:49 sec mark.

In OpenIV, search for ''dbike_fblade_a'', and it'll pop up. That's one of the yft's for the blade.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

and what exactly is wrong if you edit this model? I assume these blades are accessory (stand-alone model file) and they are mounted onto specific dummy nodes on front fork. Also, most likely they are not actually spinning and using a vehicle_track2 shader, the one that animates UV over texture to emulate rotation (like timing belts).

Does this bike's accessory stop working after import/export into ZModeler?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

In particular, I think these values listed next to object names over here are not related to game. may be they are for some other scripts?
realityenb wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:31 pm Yeah, it’s the fans for an engine radiator or something along those lines.

Some cars on GTA V uses this feature already.
realityenb

Post by realityenb »

I've used them before on a spinning wheel before.

You can see the back wheels spinning using these dummies, as pictured above.

But the question is, how do you apply these properties from these nodes to another part of a vehicle without it having to being named that?
Last edited by realityenb on Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

and again, what is wrong currently with these objects if you import and/or export the model with ZModeler? I've checked the skeleton bone IDs for blade objects on a bike and they seem to be OK with current filter version, so exported model should not give any problems with these objects.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

realityenb wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:26 pm Thanks again. One last question, how do you make parts spin like f_blade for example? Is this possible via user properties?
the initial question was "how to make them spin"... This is not actually related to ZModeler's import/export. I think it's a part of game engine/scripts to apply animation to these specific parts in specific conditions (e.g. engine start, engine rpm and/or vehicle speed).
realityenb

Post by realityenb »

Got it, thanks again. I’ll keep messing around with them to get my desired look.