Can't attach body parts together

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
JayF

Can't attach body parts together

Post by JayF »

I'm trying to attach these body parts together so it will look like this (clip from FN1ME’s addon ped tutorial)

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxa1QDrCfJyi ... X7CCDQ2ldf

But for some reason when I try to attach the body parts, the meshes are still attached to their body part whenever I do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-v1Mt8 ... annel=JayF
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Can't attach body parts together

Post by Oleg »

I see nothing specific on the second video. I do see the geometry accepts attachment (when you hover an object, more geometry is hovered with blue, so attachment does go properly). However, unless you expand the [+] branches on a hierarchy, it is impossible to say what is left there as children elements, so the [+] signs left on a hierarchy top nodes does not actually mean attachment went wrong. For example, you might have a "Copy" option toggled in "Attach" tool's window, so attachments leaves original object in place and attaches a copy of it instead. just a thought. another example is when you have a skeleton inside every component branch, so the ".mesh" is actually attached and vanishes while the rest stays unchanged there.
JayF

Post by JayF »

The reason why I questioned this was whenever I rigged a model into gta5, I would use FN1ME’s tutorial, his method of rigging always worked for me until now, the peds won't show up ingame.

Could have I missed something important?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6tBKJ5 ... annel=JayF

I made this video to give more depth on my issue
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

in general, everything looks ok for the import/export routines.

I advise to make a quick test on your scene setup before you copy weights and delete original .mesh but after you've deleted branches like "uppr_0", "feet_0" etc.. So, you have original model with merged components in single .mesh object inside head_0 branch (and a skeleton branch too). Export this setup and test in game.

I guess the game does not like the missing components and does not spawn the model because it can't configure ped.
JayF

Post by JayF »

I also tried uninstalling zmodeler3 and installing a new one and tried using an old version and still have the problems with the ped showing up ingame and it likely has to do with the attachments
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you have an original model that works in game and a set of manipulations that causes model to stop working in game. just make one iteration at a time and test-export. as I've specified above, does merging parts/accessories on original ped and exporting it causes the same problems? e.g. attaching feet to lower torso and hands to upper torso (getting rid of feet and hand branches at all) - does this ped work fine in game? it worth to be tested in a first place.
JayF

Post by JayF »

I attached feet_000_u to lowr_000_u and hand_000_r to uppr_000_u and then after I attached those parts, I removed feet_000_u and hand_000_r branches and when I tried the ped ingame, the ped still wouldn't show up ingame.

The attach type i used was "Relink Children"
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

make an export without any manipulations first? just to ensure the export is set up properly. I assume the game makes the ped out of components and the logic is configured in metadata file. It is possible the game tries to compose the ped with components that are missing.
JayF

Post by JayF »

I exported the ped without manipulating ig_bankman, keeping the ped with its original parts however it still wouldn't show up ingame

I exported the LODS as Autodetect and All and it still resulted in the ped not showing up

I called my addonped the following: TEST.ydd, TEST.yft, TEST.ymt, TEST.ytd
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

move one vertex on ped arm or head (just to easily see the "spike" in game) and export it as bankman first. put it into the game to ensure this mode works. if it does, then your custom addon ped setup is bad. I'm not aware on how custom peds are actually made, so game accepts them, I've tested only replacement of original peds.
JayF

Post by JayF »

I moved the vertex on the peds arm and then I exported and replaced the ig_bankman files and the game crashes whenever I try to load him in

(This is how I moved the vertex on the ped to add a spike to it)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

your scene setup looks incorrect to me.
the skeleton should be in branch ".global" and none of other branches should have skeleton. The skeleton should be loaded from .yft file before anything else and the associated ig_bankman branch should be renamed to .global. Then you can proceed with loading of .ydd file(s).