Spinning Turbo Fan as Tuning

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
fs9g8ae67fr

Spinning Turbo Fan as Tuning

Post by fs9g8ae67fr »

Hi, I wonder why my Turbo fan isn't spinning. I tried to import and export the original kanjo turbo without changing anything, the results was the turbo wasn't spinning. I checked something on OpenIV and this child does not appear on my exported turbo. Image Does I miss something on exporting? My ZModeler3 is the latest version 3.2.1 (Build 1195) and the shader for the fan is already vehicle_track2. Any help will be appreciated :D
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Spinning Turbo Fan as Tuning

Post by Oleg »

do you use the turbo on an original vehicle it was used with?
I mean, turbo was spinning, then you imported/exported and tested exactly the same vehicle, but the turbo is no longer spinning?

I've checked the file, it has nothing extraordinary in it. However, the spinning of turbo is performed on vehicle_track2 shader which animates UV mapping. It has a known issue when UV are animated on geometry that has positive X values on vertices (simply, driver-side of the vehicle). However, as I see, the track2 shader is on polygons that are on positive X side on a model, so this should still work fine.
fs9g8ae67fr

Post by fs9g8ae67fr »

Oleg wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:47 am do you use the turbo on an original vehicle it was used with?
I mean, turbo was spinning, then you imported/exported and tested exactly the same vehicle, but the turbo is no longer spinning?

I've checked the file, it has nothing extraordinary in it. However, the spinning of turbo is performed on vehicle_track2 shader which animates UV mapping. It has a known issue when UV are animated on geometry that has positive X values on vertices (simply, driver-side of the vehicle). However, as I see, the track2 shader is on polygons that are on positive X side on a model, so this should still work fine.
No but, I found the problem. As you said, It was because the track2 polygons is on negative X side on a model, then I move the model to positive x side and it's working now. But is there any method to keep the animUV on negative X side? Thank you very much Oleg.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yup, take a look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5to7OEGBek4
fs9g8ae67fr

Post by fs9g8ae67fr »

Oleg wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:26 am yup, take a look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5to7OEGBek4
Uhhh I mean as tuning, looks like it's kinda impossible??
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may be you can make the turbo out of two objects (parent -> child) and apply the local axes trick to the child object only? give it a try, may be this will work in game?