RGB Animations

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
TheIcedNation

RGB Animations

Post by TheIcedNation »

Edited a 2020 charger hellcat and added rgb led strips on the headlights and only the right side works. If I make a dummy and mirror it then only the left works. Someone please help me with this I've been working on it for about 3 days and stuck on this.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: RGB Animations

Post by Oleg »

vehicle_track and vehicle_track2 (and their emissive versions) work on the left side of the vehicle by default. This requires some settings in vehicle metadata file that I don't know of. For example, if you put this .yft file instead of ANY original vehicle that has vehicle_track/track2/track2_emissive shader working natively, your model will have correct animation on both sides instantly.

If your approach with Copy/Mirror gives an effect, I advise to make two objects (use two extras or two misc objects) - one for the left side and another for the right side (with mirrored dummy).

Another solution was given for engine timing belt animation guide. I'll post a link once I find the video...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

TheIcedNation

Post by TheIcedNation »

I've gotten it figured out wish there was a way to make the animation not speed up apon drive the vehicle.