Downloded car model won't paint in game [SOLVED]

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
SludgeHammer

Downloded car model won't paint in game [SOLVED]

Post by SludgeHammer »

Hi all.

I downloaded an unlocked car model to make some small modifications to and then play with in game.

However, with or without the modifications I made, the car has paintable surfaces that seem to be overridden by something in the model.

The unlocked 2017 Ram model, just for reference, can be downloaded from: https://gtapolicemods.com/files/file/19 ... -ram-1500/

This blue look with the visible polygons is essentially how it renders in game, before and after it gets resprayed at the LS customs, although some very slight shading can be seen on the respray.

Any tips on where to look to fix this? I'm new to zModeler3 but I have some some intermediate-level modeling before (Garry's Mod type stuff).

Much thanks in advance!

SludgeHammer
Last edited by SludgeHammer on Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seb5a

Re: Downloded car model won't paint in game

Post by Seb5a »

If you can see polygons in game there is probably livery on the car. Check in ytd file if there is texture xxx_sign_1 where xxx could be anything. If it is you can download that one because it is your template and after that replace it with any white texture, for example blank.dds which you can find probably in any lore car or in vehshare.ytd.
SludgeHammer

Re: Downloded car model won't paint in game

Post by SludgeHammer »

Oh, that was it! It did have a "sign" texture. I was able to change this material by applying the vehicle_paint1 GTA5 script, and then I was able to paint this properly in-game.

Thanks for the quick reply and steering me down the right path! Cheers!